Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Angus said:
Thanks LY - Problem is I work reception at a busy office and phone is ringing all day, so I only have very few breaks where I can try and call :(

Sorry for sounding silly - but what are FOSS notes? Do I have to call CIC to order them?
I understand. I am sorry I was not aware. That must be very difficult as I know even for myself I used to have to wait what felt like forever to try and get a hold of someone. Even then I had to hope for a decent one.

I do think you would be much better off with FOSS notes then since you are so busy. FOSS notes are notes on file that Immigration Officers write onto your file. Even crossings through the border, any extensions, work permits, etc. will be listed on it. Now, you will fill out this form that both Outland and Inland applicants can use to order these notes. Outland's is "CAIPS GCMS" notes which you do not need. These are the notes outside of Canada. Inland's notes are "FOSS" notes and these are the ones you will order because they are all the notes kept inside Canada and as you know your process will be entirely from within Canada. There is no limit to how many you order and are free if you order under the "Privacy Act". The FOSS notes can also have information about background checks done, when they have touched your file, and about your medical. They are helpful but can be hard to decode so if you ever have a hard time, come here and we will try to help you understand them. Also, you may want to fill out the form for "Release of Information to an Individual" form (well the sponsor fills it out) this way if there are any notes pertaining to the sponsor then they won't delay sending the notes to see what portions you are allowed to have.

Anyway, here is a very helpful website that explains what to check off, etc. Hopefully it helps you. :)
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Hi everyone just had a quick question.

I had a applied for my FBI clearance letter, and just received it. But there was an error on it. It states that I was born in the Ukraine, instead of the UK. My family was deported from America in 2002 for overstaying our visa. I was only 15 when I moved there but was unaware that we was illegal.

Ive tried calling FBI and they have stated that I need to speak to the office who arrested us initially. Ive tried calling them but they dont have my details on their file. Ive called everyone I can but no one can seem to find my file, And this is the only thing i need for my PR application.

if u can help I would appreciate it.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Junglist82 said:
Hi everyone just had a quick question.

I had a applied for my FBI clearance letter, and just received it. But there was an error on it. It states that I was born in the Ukraine, instead of the UK. My family was deported from America in 2002 for overstaying our visa. I was only 15 when I moved there but was unaware that we was illegal.

Ive tried calling FBI and they have stated that I need to speak to the office who arrested us initially. Ive tried calling them but they dont have my details on their file. Ive called everyone I can but no one can seem to find my file, And this is the only thing i need for my PR application.

if u can help I would appreciate it.
To be honest this seems a bit more than what I know how to help with but I will still and try.
Do you have a certified copy of your birth certificate? Could you send it in? I would recommend that you call the FBI back and have the office that arrested you to confirm in a letter that they do not have your information on file. Send that along with your birth certificate and ask that they change your country of birth and explain the reason behind needing this accurate for immigration purposes. I may need to ask though, are you certain that you even need an FBI certificate? You only need certificates for places that you have lived in for over 6 months in the past 10 years or since you were 18, wish ever comes first.

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hi! Did anybody het news from CIC?
Does anybody know why they haven't updated the website?
Next week it will be 11 months since we sent our application and I have gotten nothing.
I feel so frustrated and sad...

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Love_Young said:
To be honest this seems a bit more than what I know how to help with but I will still and try.
Do you have a certified copy of your birth certificate? Could you send it in? I would recommend that you call the FBI back and have the office that arrested you to confirm in a letter that they do not have your information on file. Send that along with your birth certificate and ask that they change your country of birth and explain the reason behind needing this accurate for immigration purposes. I may need to ask though, are you certain that you even need an FBI certificate? You only need certificates for places that you have lived in for over 6 months in the past 10 years or since you were 18, wish ever comes first.
Hi Love Young thanks for the reply.

Everytime I call them they can never find my details on their system for some reason even when I give them my social security number.

I thought I did need it as I lived there for 6 years. I left there in 2002 which is 9 years ago. So what do u think i should do?

Thanks for your help

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
I called CIC today

the guy was very nice:

he said they received all document we sent ( CIC requested an updated form)
that they also received CSQ on august 8th.

He said everything was alright in our file and to call them back at the end of october if we have no news by then ( this would mean after 10 months)

I asked about RCMP clearance....he said they already been requested...

So hopefully we'll hear something in 1 month.....

This wait is il killing both of us....glad we have a great relationship

it is very very long!

hang in there everybody !

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pepe261 said:
Hi! Did anybody het news from CIC?
Does anybody know why they haven't updated the website?
Next week it will be 11 months since we sent our application and I have gotten nothing.
I feel so frustrated and sad...
I know... I am getting very close to the 11 month mark myself... I used to think that the 9-10 month cases could be like a worst case scenario... now I know is just the result of a bureaucratic way of doing things... I do apologize if it seems I always write when I am moody, I am not a moody person at all but the process is becoming very frustrating... And I do feel it is unfair for us to have to wait while ALL of them went on vacation... seriously in most places you get vacation when is business possible and they of course do not send everyone at the same time... Imagine, if they say in Vancouver: "hey! is vacation season, why don't we send ALL the cops and ALL the firefighters on vacation and who cares if crimes raises or if there is a fire"... why our situation is different? Not only their salaries are pay with our spouses taxes, but also we had to pay for the forms we submitted... so is not a free service, and if they do not have enough money to hire more people (which they need because they have a really bad backlog) just charge like 2 grand more for application... we can make that money in a month working, instead of 11 month siting, just waiting for them...

LOL!!! AAAAHHHHGGGGGRRR... hahahaha aaaah... Wednesdays become so frustrating...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Junglist82 said:
Hi Love Young thanks for the reply.

Everytime I call them they can never find my details on their system for some reason even when I give them my social security number.

I thought I did need it as I lived there for 6 years. I left there in 2002 which is 9 years ago. So what do u think i should do?

Thanks for your help
Call whom, FBI or office that deported your family?
I think I would still get it just in case.

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Love_Young said:
Call whom, FBI or office that deported your family?
I think I would still get it just in case.
Ive called both. the FBI letter said Milwalkee and ive never been there. I lived in Illinois. Everyone i call there cant find my record. very strange.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Junglist82 said:
Ive called both. the FBI letter said Milwalkee and ive never been there. I lived in Illinois. Everyone i call there cant find my record. very strange.
Can you ask them how they could possibly be putting anything on your file as far as where you lived and where you were born if they say they do not have a record. I agree it is strange. I wish I could help so much more.

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Love_Young said:
Can you ask them how they could possibly be putting anything on your file as far as where you lived and where you were born if they say they do not have a record. I agree it is strange. I wish I could help so much more.
I will call them tomorrow again and see what they can do for me. Its the last piece I need to send in. hopefully i get my first stage approval soon. Thanks so much for your help again.

phoisgood

Jul 23, 2011
Angus said:
Hello Inland 2010 members!

I'm Inland 2011 but wanted to ask some advice. My application from July 21, 2011 is still not "In Progress" - should I be worried?

I'm already a stressball and I'm only 2 months into the process ???
My applications from July 27th, 2011 and nothing yet. Your not alone! Hang in there.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phoisgood said:
My applications from July 27th, 2011 and nothing yet. Your not alone! Hang in there.

welcome to the thread phoisgood,well if its takes longer then you have to call cic to be sure that they received your application.....its took me 5 months to be able to log on to ecas to be able to see the status of my application.....you are only 2 months in the waiting business so just relax and hope they move super fast.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
phoisgood, you should join us in the Inland 2011 thread. Was your file received by Vegreville on July 27,2011?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.660.html