App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
On an offtopic, it is so hot here. I'm in Gatineau Quebec, close to Ottawa. The boyfriend needs to put the air conditioner in the window. I dont know about you guys, but there's only a few people I know who have central air in Canada. I lived in Florida for most of my life and all places pretty much come with central air. I can typcially deal with being hot, being a Florida girl and all, but being in a 2 bedroom appartment with 4 other people makes any sane person a bit snappy. ???

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
CrazyLucy said:
On an offtopic, it is so hot here. I'm in Gatineau Quebec, close to Ottawa. The boyfriend needs to put the air conditioner in the window. I dont know about you guys, but there's only a few people I know who have central air in Canada. I lived in Florida for most of my life and all places pretty much come with central air. I can typcially deal with being hot, being a Florida girl and all, but being in a 2 bedroom appartment with 4 other people makes any sane person a bit snappy. ???
do you two always stay in one room together? i live in duplex but both of us either in living room or bedroom, so we got a portable air conditioner. it is such a waste to install central A/C as it cools down the entire house.
you can get a portable one for under $500. I bought a Sharp for my bedroom, it works great. Cool down my master bedroom in less than 15 mins and it is very quiet. The noise level is even lower than using a fan!

Usually I program it to run for the first hour and it shuts off automatically by the timer.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
We're both nerds and play World of Warcraft side by side. Two computers make the whole room pretty warm in and of its self not to mention who warm bodies in the same small-ish room. Seeing as how we live with his parents for now(Until I get get myself a job and contribute to renting a place), we just put the air conditioner in the living room. Its just better for everyone. We do have a small portale heater when it gets cold though.
I love the summer, but it only lasts for like...3-4 months at best.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
CrazyLucy said:
ahah Quebec is so big. Imagine yesterday here in eastern quebec we were freezing. I think at night the temp went down to 5 degrees (41 F) which is a bit weird for the end of May. Well I'm from the south of Italy so I'm used to the heat too, less humid than in florida but it can get steamy hot in june july or august (in 2007 it went up to 48 degrees (118 F)). Also i tried to convince my wife to go and live in the South Pacific (my favourite part of the world) but it didn't work. At least if they would have told me there "Hey can you wait 1 year to get your application processed?" I would have answered "Sure make it 2 years, i don't care" ahahahaha

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
Inlandappl said:
Sorry to give u bad news. I went into canada Post website and www.cupw.ca (trade unions website) and it seems that a strike will be very likely. they haven't reached an agreement yet and it seems that for now they will not reach it. Apparently only money and pension checks will be delivered. That sucks to say the least!!!! Let's hope it doesn't happen or if it does they will eventually reach an agreement soon
Hey inland - that seems correct - my local news website is advising Thursday midnight postal workers will be going off the job and no mail will be received......I guess we will have even longer waits now to receive AIP, OWP and landing letters..... Im getting a little frustrated with the system now. I know its not immigrations fault but after a nearly 10 month wait I am feeling a little disheartened by the whole process and wish it was over and I can start making more permanent plans rather than having to live in the unknown world.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Congrats to Lovely and Kieran for the decisions!

For the Canada Post: Hopefully it will be just a one day strike, that won't be a too big delay.

As for the heat... I'm working very physically during the day, so sweating like hell. Only in the sector of the manager's office there's a huge A/C unit, in the back of the shop we simply keep the loading door open for some wind. No windows open though, because outside it's warmer then inside.

kieran123 said:
p.s how the **** do you guys get through to CIC so easy? It takes me 30 calls before I get through lol :eek:
Choose a strategic time and day. Around 10 AM is normally good, when everyone is on lunchtime, all lines are busy and you're thrown out until 12:30, then just a waiting line of 30 minutes. Around 14:00 it should be better again.

Iceyqueen

Mar 2, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
20-01-2011
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
28-06-2011
Congratulations Lovely :) hopefully your second stage will come very quickly.
Thank you Love_Young for congratulating me on pr.
I wish the best for everyone this week and hopefully several will get good news and let's hope that the post doesn't go on strike or it waits until we all get our stuff in the mail hehe.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Just getting back from our little getaway. Was a lot of fun but definitely tired. Only got a few hours of sleep this morning. Haha. I will update the chart and reply back to some posts I have been meaning to get to very soon but for now...sleep.

However, my update for today is that I got the work permit in the mail today along with the letter saying I meet eligibility as well as hubby's letter about him meeting eligibility to sponsor. Now just waiting on the letter saying that the PR stage is finished and a landing interview date. Come on Canada Post please don't go on strike or stay on it for long. I guess though if worse comes to worse, they'll just call though. Can't believe I can finally hold that piece of paper in my hands that I have been waiting so long on. My lovely, shiny work permit. Valid for 2 years but like I need it for that long when I have PR coming soon. Lol.

I would go get my SIN, health care card, and send off resumes today but I am much too tired. Might as well rest before the rush begins.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Hey LY,

How long does it usually take to have the landing interview?

6 Weeks?

Can you do it later by request?

*Ahem*....I lost my passport ( I know, I know, stupid idiot!!! ) and don't know if I will have a new one in time for my landing interview

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Jurjen said:
Congrats to Lovely and Kieran for the decisions!

For the Canada Post: Hopefully it will be just a one day strike, that won't be a too big delay.

As for the heat... I'm working very physically during the day, so sweating like hell. Only in the sector of the manager's office there's a huge A/C unit, in the back of the shop we simply keep the loading door open for some wind. No windows open though, because outside it's warmer then inside.
Choose a strategic time and day. Around 10 AM is normally good, when everyone is on lunchtime, all lines are busy and you're thrown out until 12:30, then just a waiting line of 30 minutes. Around 14:00 it should be better again.
Thanks Jurjen and Icyqueen!

I'm still waiting for the E-cas update and yes I do hope second stage won't take that long.

About the heat, I wish I can relate. Our temperature in the Rockies are still at mid-teens although we are all excited about Saturday, we are suppose to hit 23C Yey!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
kieran123 said:
Hey LY,

How long does it usually take to have the landing interview?

6 Weeks?

Can you do it later by request?

*Ahem*....I lost my passport ( I know, I know, stupid idiot!!! ) and don't know if I will have a new one in time for my landing interview
That depends because it differs from office to office. I was quoted at 1-2 months from CIC for my office but we will see.
I am sorry about your lost passport. Hopefully you come across it or can get a new one soon. Good luck. Let us know how that goes.

lovely20 said:
I'm still waiting for the E-cas update and yes I do hope second stage won't take that long.
I know you didn't write to me but I thought I would just let you know that usually e-Cas updates two days after a decision was made. Like I got approved for AIP on May 18th but it updated on e-Cas on May 20th. And I got PR approval on May 20th and updated on May 22nd. So tomorrow it should show up. You should screen cap it and put it in a frame or scrapbook. ;)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
I know you didn't write to me but I thought I would just let you know that usually e-Cas updates two days after a decision was made. Like I got approved for AIP on May 18th but it updated on e-Cas on May 20th. And I got PR approval on May 20th and updated on May 22nd. So tomorrow it should show up. You should screen cap it and put it in a frame or scrapbook. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks LoveYoung! You always have the right answers. I will definitely print it out and put it in our scrapbook that I'm putting together for our 1st year anniversary. So where did you and hubby went for your anniversary?

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
kieran123 said:
Apply through the UK and you can pay extra to get it done asap like 1-2 days once they receive it. Pay extra to send by courier but NOT canada post they sux arse. I just had mine done and they fucked up big time. It gets sent back by DHL who are awesome. Costco can do the specifications that you need for the photo well they can in Ottawa....
Should be ok as by the time canada post gets the letter to you hopefully you should have your passport just about back!

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
kiwikris said:
Apply through the UK and you can pay extra to get it done asap like 1-2 days once they receive it. Pay extra to send by courier but NOT canada post they sux arse. I just had mine done and they *censored word*ed up big time. It gets sent back by DHL who are awesome. Costco can do the specifications that you need for the photo well they can in Ottawa....
Should be ok as by the time canada post gets the letter to you hopefully you should have your passport just about back!
I can apply through the U.K?

I thought I had to apply via Ottawa?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
OMG I AM LANDING TOMORROW!!!

Just got a call from an immigration officer now and she told me all the things I need to bring with me. She asked if I was available this week and I said sure. Then she asked if I was available tomorrow at 11 am. Of course I said yes. Even if I had other plans I would have cancelled them for this. So glad we got home in time to get the call. Yay! :p