Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
Kenyangirl said:
Hi,
Applied on Sept. 09, 2011. Received first stage approval today.
Wanted some assistance on how to apply to the work permit and health insurance (British Columbia).
Could anyone please give me the link for applying for the work permit? How long does it take?
Thanks!
TO APPLY FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT

apply online. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/work.asp .register first then log in to apply. they will ask you straight forward questions and the only thing you need is to say you have AIP. no medical needs to be attached, the only thing you will need to attach is copy of passport.and pay the fee which also is there....just start and you will see the answers of all your questions.

the process can take 30 days now even online.

TO APPLY FOR BC HEALTH

go to your local service BC here http://www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ with your AIP and passport and lease/rent or proof of address.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
What is your present status in Canada? You say that you came as a refugee, were you granted refugee status? If so, you are a protected person and your protected person status document is sufficient (according to the CIC's operational manuals.) If not, you are in a difficult situation:

This issue is discussed at length in Section 5.14.

So here's an alternative question: even if you wanted to go back to Iraq, how would you do so without a passport? Will the Embassy provide you with a travel document - because that's all that is required according to the Inland Processing manual.

Alternatively, if you were given refugee status, then you are a protected person, and the Protected Person Status Document should be enough to get a Refugee Travel Document

Note that the processing manual does say they should give you time to obtain these documents - so write them a letter, explain the situation and tell them you are attempting to obtain the necessary paperwork.

If you are not able to obtain a passport or travel document, then indeed, you won't be able to obtain PR. All you can do is submit an H&C application.

I would suggest consulting with an immigration lawyer because this is definitely not a normal situation, and I seriously doubt anyone can do more than express opinions and point to the CIC manuals.
thank you so much for all the valuable info computergeek! thanks for taking the time to help.
unfortunately my status is a "refused Refugee" when I came to Canada I couldn't speak a word English and sadly my lawyer messed up my case completely. but I still have a work permit that I have to renew every year. I went yesterday and applied for OHIP.
from the sounds of it the only way is for me to try to ask for more time, and somehow try my best with my parents back home to obtain the needed documents to get the valid passport here in Ottawa at iraqi embassy. its such a difficult situation but I will try my best.

PanEva

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
November 2, 2011
Interview........
September 26, 2012
nonoo said:
Hi,
I am looking for people who applied in Dec 2011 or on nearby dates, my application was received by CIC on Dec 06 2011. I know it's a looonnggggg....... Wait but I am counting days until I got my AIP.
Also does anyone have any idea of the percentage of applicants having both stages being approved concurrently?

Thanks,
My application received on Nov. 09. A month ahead of yours.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
from the sounds of it the only way is for me to try to ask for more time, and somehow try my best with my parents back home to obtain the needed documents to get the valid passport here in Ottawa at iraqi embassy. its such a difficult situation but I will try my best.
Can you get a travel document from the Iraqi Embassy? Not a passport, but something that would give an airline permission to allow you to board and go back home? If so, that document is sufficient for CIC according to the inland processing manual.

My point is that if you MUST go back to get the documents required for your passport, how do you even go back, since you don't have a passport? I don't know of any airline that would allow you to board unless they believed you were going to be admitted when you get to Iraq (since there's a penalty THEY must pay in that case.)

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
johanna125 said:
Hi hatrang. How are you?

johanna
I'm well, thanks for asking Johanna, hope you're doing well too!
I stop applying for a job and just wait now. Hopefully it will turn out well at the end, 1 to 2 more months for me from now.
Let's pray for all of us, after me, your turn will come too. Are you still applying for a job (LMO)? If yes, good luck to your endeavor dear!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
nonoo said:
Hi,
I am looking for people who applied in Dec 2011 or on nearby dates, my application was received by CIC on Dec 06 2011. I know it's a looonnggggg....... Wait but I am counting days until I got my AIP.
Also does anyone have any idea of the percentage of applicants having both stages being approved concurrently?

Thanks,
Hi , I applied in December 2011 too, they received my application on Dec 19th
how about you?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
Can you get a travel document from the Iraqi Embassy? Not a passport, but something that would give an airline permission to allow you to board and go back home? If so, that document is sufficient for CIC according to the inland processing manual.

My point is that if you MUST go back to get the documents required for your passport, how do you even go back, since you don't have a passport? I don't know of any airline that would allow you to board unless they believed you were going to be admitted when you get to Iraq (since there's a penalty THEY must pay in that case.)
unfortunately there isn't any type of travel document that iraqi embassy can provide beside a Passport, and thats also true that I can't even travel to go back or anything. it feels like i'm trapped. it seems like the only way to get a passport would be some how to tell my parents back in iraq to do whatever they can to get the documents and send it to me, so I can obtain a passport here, I really hope somehow miraculously they can get all the documents and send it to me, but its not an easy task since i'm not there myself to get them. its very worrisome and frustrating.

I will try to contact CIC on Monday again, I tried on Friday for 3 hours and could not get through.

I appreciate every bit of info you are trying to find for my situation, thank you.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
AVS said:
Hey.. I did recieve my work permit yesterdayy... Thanks a lot for your response.

Hope the second stage gets cleared soon as well :)
Hey AVS Link,

Cograts for your Workpermit. I am also waiting for such news, i applied on End of August too......

Naz

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
Hi,
Wanted some assistance on how to apply to the work permit and health insurance (British Columbia).
Could anyone please give me the link for applying for the work permit? How long does it take?
Thanks!

You should have sent in an app for a work permit at the same time you sent in your application to become a permanent resident. You would have then received your work permit at the initial approval stage.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
canadianwife43 said:
Hi,
Thanks!

You should have sent in an app for a work permit at the same time you sent in your application to become a permanent resident. You would have then received your work permit at the initial approval stage.
it's not late still...
TO APPLY FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT

apply online. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/work.asp .register first then log in to apply. they will ask you straight forward questions and the only thing you need is to say you have AIP. no medical needs to be attached, the only thing you will need to attach is copy of passport.and pay the fee which also is there....just start and you will see the answers of all your questions.

the process can take 30 days now even online.

TO APPLY FOR BC HEALTH

go to your local service BC here http://www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ with your AIP and passport and lease/rent or proof of address.

dawie.south.africa

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everybody,

Wow, can't believe my turn is coming up for AIP! Cic received our application 7 October 2011. So by the looks of it we will hear from CIC in the next 30 days seeing that they are now busy with sept 2011. We also pray that our first and second stage gets approved on the same day! Doesn't seem to be impossible.

After almost a year of waiting and now down to a month to hear something from CIC...I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next month :)

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
dawie.south.africa said:
Hi everybody,

Wow, can't believe my turn is coming up for AIP! Cic received our application 7 October 2011. So by the looks of it we will hear from CIC in the next 30 days seeing that they are now busy with sept 2011. We also pray that our first and second stage gets approved on the same day! Doesn't seem to be impossible.

After almost a year of waiting and now down to a month to hear something from CIC...I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next month :)
Hi my application was recieved on october 11, 2011 where is your local visa office?

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Hi everyone, my husband got AIP on July 23 and he applied on last year Sep 16.
This forum really helpful and we appreciated everything ppl shares and replies. good luck for all ppl on the way!
One question:

He is now international student, could he pay local tuition next term September? If he could, how can he apply? or just show school the AIP letter. But AIP letter only shows he could apply for study permit. (that means local fee?)

Thanks so much

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
raabhim said:
Hi everyone, my husband got AIP on July 23 and he applied on last year Sep 16.
This forum really helpful and we appreciated everything ppl shares and replies. good luck for all ppl on the way!
One question:

He is now international student, could he pay local tuition next term September? If he could, how can he apply? or just show school the AIP letter. But AIP letter only shows he could apply for study permit. (that means local fee?)

Thanks so much
i dont where what province you are living. For Quebec, Yes with AIP and CSQ (Quebec selection cerificate) you can sure get resident fees and not international....my wife did it. If you are not in Quebec then No unless you can do your own research