12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
hatrang said:
I'm well, thanks for asking Johanna, hope you're doing well too!
I stop applying for a job and just wait now. Hopefully it will turn out well at the end, 1 to 2 more months for me from now.
Let's pray for all of us, after me, your turn will come too. Are you still applying for a job (LMO)? If yes, good luck to your endeavor dear!
@hatrang: I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't found anything. I'm not sure it will really get better once we are PRs, but I might be wrong. Don't give up, though! After countless application that mostly resulted in nothing but a couple of interviews where the employer then was not willing to apply for an LMO, it appears that I finally got lucky and my persistence is about to pay off. I finally found an employer who's preparing an LMO application for me as I write this. I can't believe this is really happening. Now it's in the hands of the government again to decide whether or not this opportunity works out for me. I'm scared shitless that they will deny the LMO and I'm back to square 1. My family really needs some good luck right now!

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great to hear from september applicants getting AIP! Congrats everyone, specially raabhim, since according to the spreadsheet that puts us up next!

Unfortunately we've moved to Quebec since applying, which I guess means that we're going to be directed to apply for CSQ before AIP. And apparently there's a new rule that even french citizens must write a french test for CSQ now (along with a near doubling of the fee to $750 :mad:) so I guess we still have a bit of wait and further financial burdon, but it'll be great to hear from immigration at all!

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
qw123 said:
i dont where what province you are living. For Quebec, Yes with AIP and CSQ (Quebec selection cerificate) you can sure get resident fees and not international....my wife did it. If you are not in Quebec then No unless you can do your own research
thanks qw123, we are currently in BC. I remember there is a list of school participating of local tuition after aip. but I can not find it any more. is there really a list of that?

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
sievo said:
Great to hear from september applicants getting AIP! Congrats everyone, specially raabhim, since according to the spreadsheet that puts us up next!

Unfortunately we've moved to Quebec since applying, which I guess means that we're going to be directed to apply for CSQ before AIP. And apparently there's a new rule that even french citizens must write a french test for CSQ now (along with a near doubling of the fee to $750 :mad:) so I guess we still have a bit of wait and further financial burdon, but it'll be great to hear from immigration at all!
I don't think you'll have to pass a language test when you apply in the family stream? I always thought the language testing only applies to people in other categories, such as FSW or PNP?

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
sievo said:
And apparently there's a new rule that even french citizens must write a french test for CSQ now (along with a near doubling of the fee to $750 :mad:) so I guess we still have a bit of wait and further financial burdon, but it'll be great to hear from immigration at all!
We got a CSQ for my sponsored wife with no hassle or french test in May 2012, so that new rule must really be new, because spouse sponsorship was exempt from any test so far

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

It's good to see that people who applied last year September 2011 are getting aip I am still waiting for such news I applied at the end of August 2011. Does anyone have any idea why I did not hear anything ???

Naz

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello everybody,somebody knows why they transfer my application to the local office Calgary without AIP it's been 13 months and I still waiting .....

sievo

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys, I was just wondering if maybe it wouldn't apply to spousal sponsorships (makes sense). I'd just heard about the test from a few people recently so assumed it would apply.

I guess since you haven't mentioned it, the price increase does apply ;) Supposedly came into effect April 1st.

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
qw123 said:
i dont where what province you are living. For Quebec, Yes with AIP and CSQ (Quebec selection cerificate) you can sure get resident fees and not international....my wife did it. If you are not in Quebec then No unless you can do your own research
Did your wife apply for a study permit from inside or outside Canada?

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Hi guys. Sorry I have been busy for the past two months because my baby is teething. I got my PR card exactly two months after my landing interview. It will expired 5 years from now. This forum helped me alot esp. when I am still waiting for my application. Thank you very much. God bless us all.

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
nazam80 said:
Hi everyone,

It's good to see that people who applied last year September 2011 are getting aip I am still waiting for such news I applied at the end of August 2011. Does anyone have any idea why I did not hear anything ???

Naz
Hi Naz,

Did you call CIC and enquire? you should have your AIP by now just call them and ask what is the status on your file because its been almost 11 months now.

Good Luck :)

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Valeco said:
Hello everybody,somebody knows why they transfer my application to the local office Calgary without AIP it's been 13 months and I still waiting .....
Hi There,

I think you will have an interview for the proof of your relationship, thats when they transfer the files. Do you have any contact information to follow up with the local CIC office??

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
sievo said:
Thanks guys, I was just wondering if maybe it wouldn't apply to spousal sponsorships (makes sense). I'd just heard about the test from a few people recently so assumed it would apply.

I guess since you haven't mentioned it, the price increase does apply ;) Supposedly came into effect April 1st.
Strange, since as of today according to the CIC website: Principal applicant fee is still $475.00

Valeco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2012
File Transfer...
june 2011 to local office
Med's Request
October 18 2012,AIP and passport back
Med's Done....
Medicals received and decision made December 19
Interview........
october 2012
LANDED..........
february...6 ....pr card received march..13
Hello , no I don't have any information from the local office the only thing I know is they told me to keep waiting....I don't know when they gonna contact me.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
My wife will be landed on Aug 15th. The race is finally over. here is my time line since DM. for more info see my signature.

DM: june 4th 2012
CIC montreal sent letter to pay copr fee and send photo: July 3rd, which I executed same day
CIC Montreal charge credit card for copr fee $490: July 19th
CIC Montreal sent letter for landing info and documents to bring: July 30th
Landing Date: August 15th

Documents to bring at landing interview: both person the sponsor and sponsored need to be present, then CSQ, undertaking kit, all work permits if any and SIN card if any, passport, appointment letter..

Good luck everyone esle. we are done and my wife should receive her PR card within 60-70 days from August 15th