Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, Everyone
I've been reading hundreds of pages in this form before commenting. you guys all seem very helpful. I've been dealing with immigration for a long time and its a very frustrating process as we all know. I will cut to the chase and just clear up some info and I will greatly appreciate it if you guys have an incite in my case.

got married in 2006 with my wife who is Canadian citizen.

we applied for inland spouse sponsorship, Received by 29th, AUG, 2011

I got the AIP letter on July, 21st 2012.

along with the AIP the CIC are asking me to send a copy of a Valid passport! however I contacted the embassy (iraqi embassy in Ottawa ) regarding issuing a new valid passport but they told me they need couple of the iraqi identities and documents (which I don't have because I came to Canada as a refugee with out them) so I contact my Mom back in iraq for those Identities and the next day my mom called me and said the offices over there in iraq are asking the only way they can provide my updated identifications is that if i'm there myself. in another word they said they can't provide it because i'm not there. so please if anyone has any advise it would help. I don't know what to do. my time line to send the copy of a valid passport to CIC is little over a month. me and my wife have been through so much to file those application and I don't want it to get closed for something like that.

thank you in advance for any help and advice.

Hello,
Im in a similar situation but I managed to renew it from back home( Palestine ) but if I were you I'd write a letter to CIC explaining my situation and since you applied for refugee before that will make more since to them cuz you can actually prove ur point to them on why you applied for refugee cuz u can't go back to ur home country and u can claim any government ID's cuz first you're not there and also explain what's the situation in Iraq and how corrupted the system is there. Hope this help let me know if there's anything else I can do :)

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hi, Everyone
I've been reading hundreds of pages in this form before commenting. you guys all seem very helpful. I've been dealing with immigration for a long time and its a very frustrating process as we all know. I will cut to the chase and just clear up some info and I will greatly appreciate it if you guys have an incite in my case.

got married in 2006 with my wife who is Canadian citizen.

we applied for inland spouse sponsorship, Received by 29th, AUG, 2011

I got the AIP letter on July, 21st 2012.

along with the AIP the CIC are asking me to send a copy of a Valid passport! however I contacted the embassy (iraqi embassy in Ottawa ) regarding issuing a new valid passport but they told me they need couple of the iraqi identities and documents (which I don't have because I came to Canada as a refugee with out them) so I contact my Mom back in iraq for those Identities and the next day my mom called me and said the offices over there in iraq are asking the only way they can provide my updated identifications is that if i'm there myself. in another word they said they can't provide it because i'm not there. so please if anyone has any advise it would help. I don't know what to do. my time line to send the copy of a valid passport to CIC is little over a month. me and my wife have been through so much to file those application and I don't want it to get closed for something like that.

thank you in advance for any help and advice.
tell your mom to send you your birth certificate and apply with that if you can...but dont forget to ask for more time.
you are a refugee and you can't go back....but you did not apply as a refugee you applied as spouse. where is your passport???if it's at CBSA go there and tell them to give it to you as some pleople mentioned on here. the time limit that cic gave you can be extented if you know the whole process and how it's progressing by wrinting to them to let them know of the ordeal.. they can give you more time.

call cic if no other solution to findout. does canada know you as a regugee.???did they take your passport away???y

on cic webiste it says you do not have to have passport so long you can explain your case there are exception so call cic to see if you are one of those cases. good luck.

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
Hi all,
Has anyone who got aip in may heard anything yet..
I really do think they put ontario on stand-by!!

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
under_way said:
Hi all,
Has anyone who got aip in may heard anything yet..
I really do think they put ontario on stand-by!!
Nothing. It's been five weeks since AIP and my second stage hasn't changed since they showed the medical was received. I keep hoping we'll see a big batch of updates any day now.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Same here.. :)
StoneTable said:
Nothing. It's been five weeks since AIP and my second stage hasn't changed since they showed the medical was received. I keep hoping we'll see a big batch of updates any day now.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
canadianwife43 said:
OMG checked my eas today and under my husbands part is says DM!,...mine says we started processing your application. its been a long 11 month wait. We sent EVERYTHING with our application, and have been married for close to 10 years, so I hope my part will be cut and dry. BTW ours was sent September 9th 2011, so good luck to all Sept. applicants!!!! we r on our way :p

Good to see Sep applicants on the way, congrats to your good news!!!!!!!!!

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi,
I am looking for people who applied in Dec 2011 or on nearby dates, my application was received by CIC on Dec 06 2011. I know it's a looonnggggg....... Wait but I am counting days until I got my AIP.
Also does anyone have any idea of the percentage of applicants having both stages being approved concurrently?

Thanks,

Kenyangirl

Jul 27, 2012
Hi,
Applied on Sept. 09, 2011. Received first stage approval today.
Wanted some assistance on how to apply to the work permit and health insurance (British Columbia).
Could anyone please give me the link for applying for the work permit? How long does it take?
Thanks!

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
missha said:
Hi,

I thought to start a thread for Inland Immigration Application for the year 2011, so it can be a help for people to talk about immigration updates during the process.

Let us share the story, explain what you upto during your wait. Also post your current timeline so we can have an idea of each other progress and lets help each others.

Stay Happy and hopeful! :)

[/quote

can u update my case i got interview on the 13 june got aip on the 14 june on the 16th of june got a request for pcc on june 28 pcc was received

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Aiman said:
Hello,
Im in a similar situation but I managed to renew it from back home( Palestine ) but if I were you I'd write a letter to CIC explaining my situation and since you applied for refugee before that will make more since to them cuz you can actually prove ur point to them on why you applied for refugee cuz u can't go back to ur home country and u can claim any government ID's cuz first you're not there and also explain what's the situation in Iraq and how corrupted the system is there. Hope this help let me know if there's anything else I can do :)
thank you so much for your help. I tried calling them today but couldn't get a hold of anyone. I tried for 4 hours and it was keep saying "the phone lines are busy we can't take your call"

the problem is when I originally Came to Canada as a Refugee I came with some false papers as you know iraq was all messed up and I had to pay some people to get me here, I will still try to see if I can get get some type of identification and ducoments to get a passport from the iraqi ambessy here but they want specific documents which I don't have and they only way to get it is for me to be back in iraq which obviously I cant, so i'm not even sure if I send cic a letter regarding that issue that they would except it because how can I get a permanent resident with out a Passport? which is understandable. but I really don't know what else to do as I feel trapped right now :( I will try again on Monday to Contact CIC to see what advise they would give me. thanks again

under_way

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 22, 2011
AOR Received.
may 23
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
sep 12 2012
Hopefully the people who has gotten aip for 6 weeks or more...especially those residing in ontario will get news anytime from now..

Oh happy day!!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
qw123 said:
tell your mom to send you your birth certificate and apply with that if you can...but dont forget to ask for more time.
you are a refugee and you can't go back....but you did not apply as a refugee you applied as spouse. where is your passport???if it's at CBSA go there and tell them to give it to you as some pleople mentioned on here. the time limit that cic gave you can be extented if you know the whole process and how it's progressing by wrinting to them to let them know of the ordeal.. they can give you more time.

call cic if no other solution to findout. does canada know you as a regugee.???did they take your passport away???y

on cic webiste it says you do not have to have passport so long you can explain your case there are exception so call cic to see if you are one of those cases. good luck.
qw123 thank you for your reply.

when I came to Canada as a refugee I didn't have proper documents (false documents) as you know iraq was all messed up and I could not have a proper iraqi passport to travel with so I had to pay some people to come to Canada as a refugee, so Canada Doesn't have my passport.

when I left iraq was a mess (still is), and iraqi passport couldn't even get a visa anywhere. the iraqi embassy in Ottawa now has no problem giving me a valid passport the as long as I have every document required to get one here which unfortunately I don't have. I have spoken to my mom to get the birth certificate but apparently this is not enough. other documents can only be issued if i'm there in Iraq in person.
I have a question though you mentioned that I could ask for more time, How can I do that? on my documents says " Photocopy of a valid passport Must be received by sep, 14" the other question I have, is there any way they would give me a PR with out a Passport? in special circumstances maybe or..? I will still try to see if I can get the supporting documents but the chances are slim :( I can`t believe my whole case is getting to a dead stop for something like that.

again thank you so much for caring to help.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
under_way said:
Hopefully the people who has gotten aip for 6 weeks or more...especially those residing in ontario will get news anytime from now..

Oh happy day!!!
am hoping so as well i have been waiting 2

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
when I came to Canada as a refugee I didn't have proper documents (false documents) as you know iraq was all messed up and I could not have a proper iraqi passport to travel with so I had to pay some people to come to Canada as a refugee, so Canada Doesn't have my passport.

when I left iraq was a mess (still is), and iraqi passport couldn't even get a visa anywhere. the iraqi embassy in Ottawa now has no problem giving me a valid passport the as long as I have every document required to get one here which unfortunately I don't have. I have spoken to my mom to get the birth certificate but apparently this is not enough. other documents can only be issued if i'm there in Iraq in person.
I have a question though you mentioned that I could ask for more time, How can I do that? on my documents says " Photocopy of a valid passport Must be received by sep, 14" the other question I have, is there any way they would give me a PR with out a Passport? in special circumstances maybe or..? I will still try to see if I can get the supporting documents but the chances are slim :( I can`t believe my whole case is getting to a dead stop for something like that.
What is your present status in Canada? You say that you came as a refugee, were you granted refugee status? If so, you are a protected person and your protected person status document is sufficient (according to the CIC's operational manuals.) If not, you are in a difficult situation:

However, clients cannot be granted permanent residence under R72 if they do not obtain a valid
passport or travel document by the time CIC seeks to grant permanent residence. Accordingly,
clients should be given the opportunity to obtain a passport or travel document before the
application for permanent residence is refused. However, cases considered under this public
policy are not eligible for a passport waiver. Persons seeking this waiver must apply through the
regular H&C route.
Source: IP 8 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf)

This issue is discussed at length in Section 5.14.

So here's an alternative question: even if you wanted to go back to Iraq, how would you do so without a passport? Will the Embassy provide you with a travel document - because that's all that is required according to the Inland Processing manual.

Alternatively, if you were given refugee status, then you are a protected person, and the Protected Person Status Document should be enough to get a Refugee Travel Document (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5520ETOC.asp).

Note that the processing manual does say they should give you time to obtain these documents - so write them a letter, explain the situation and tell them you are attempting to obtain the necessary paperwork.

If you are not able to obtain a passport or travel document, then indeed, you won't be able to obtain PR. All you can do is submit an H&C application.

I would suggest consulting with an immigration lawyer because this is definitely not a normal situation, and I seriously doubt anyone can do more than express opinions and point to the CIC manuals.