+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When does the sponsor usually get their client identification number?

kamiro

Apr 25, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ABozzy said:
My local office was closed too. My file got transferred to Calgary for the landing interview. My local probably would have been quicker than the 8 weeks expected for Calgary.

Oh well.
Yeah, CIC Call Centre told us 8 months for Stage 2 (which took 4 days)... and then 8 weeks referral to local office (which took 1-2 days for the letter after Stage 2 and then an additional 2 weeks for the interview appointment.

wolanila said:
When does the sponsor usually get their client identification number?
I got my Client ID Number after my spouse was AIP at the end of Stage 1.

Overlovers

Jun 13, 2012
kamiro said:
Yeah, CIC Call Centre told us 8 months for Stage 2 (which took 4 days)... and then 8 weeks referral to local office (which took 1-2 days for the letter after Stage 2 and then an additional 2 weeks for the interview appointment.

I got my Client ID Number after my spouse was AIP at the end of Stage 1.
Do you mean the stage two of the inland application process took just 4 days not 8months after the 11-12 month sponsorship approval ? if this is what you mean, then its pretty fast and very possible for someone to finish the inland process in less than a year

just wanted to be sure

kamiro

Apr 25, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Overlovers said:
Do you mean the stage two of the inland application process took just 4 days not 8months after the 11-12 month sponsorship approval ? if this is what you mean, then its pretty fast and very possible for someone to finish the inland process in less than a year

just wanted to be sure
Yes, depending on the case it can be under a year. The website suggests that it's 11 months for Stage 1 and then 8 months for Stage 2.

Our case was simple. My spouse and I have no dependants. He was the only person being looked at for Stage 2 and all the information was sent in advance (as part of a 1 pound application we sent). Our application was received on July 15, 2011 and today (June 18, 2012) we are going for the landing interview [CIC Vancouver].

It's very odd how one waits for so long (10 months) without one single mention back of progress and then all of a sudden within 21 days you get AIP, Spousal Approval, OWP (which was only useful till the landing interview 3 weeks later), and finally the interview for landing.

Now the next phase of paperwork: Drivers License, Unsecured Visa Card, SIN, Provincial Medical, Passport Renewals, Work Contracts.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Hello Everyone,

My hubby, on Friday, received his PR card, we are now free of the waiting agony... wishing you all a fast process, may your wishes of succes, love and life improvement come true....

CC

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Does anyone know when you officially become a permanent resident? Is it after the landing interview at a local immigration office? or when you receive a PR card a couple of months later?

I am just wondering when exactly you become "permanent resident status"?

I appreciate any help.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope r case is straight as straight forward as all of its :) very happy for all of u!!!!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
torontoinlander said:
Does anyone know when you officially become a permanent resident? Is it after the landing interview at a local immigration office? or when you receive a PR card a couple of months later?

I am just wondering when exactly you become "permanent resident status"?

I appreciate any help.
at the Landing Interview, when the officer handles you the official permanent residence letter, the card is just a travelling tool... that letter should be kept preciously, it will help you to obtain your Canadian citizenship.

tinch

Nov 9, 2011
YES YES YES!!!!! AIP!

Received two letters today! One for me with my Open Work Permit, one for my husband, saying that "he has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"!!

My dates again: App received on July 25, processed Sep 12, AIP June 13 2012 (date from letter).

Happy! Relieved! Just one more stage..

For everyone who is still waiting: It will happen, it just takes time (a lot). Best of luck!

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
kamiro said:
Now the next phase of paperwork: Drivers License, Unsecured Visa Card, SIN, Provincial Medical, Passport Renewals, Work Contracts.
grats on finishing the process! Just a heads up for those who are still waiting (in BC especially) - you don't need to wait for AIP to get your MSP (provincial health plan) card. You can apply as long as you have an application in process - this will give you access to all of the walk-in clinics and hospital, and is a huge help mentally and financially- my wife got sick last year before we had the MSP, and it cost almost $800 to take her to the hospital!

Can anyone confirm this for other provinces as well?

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

Here is my timeline:

We received your application to sponsor xxxxx xxxx on July 29, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 14, 2011.

AVS

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29, 2011
AOR Received.
November 11, 2011
File Transfer...
August 2, 2012
Hi,

Can please someone help me with this. My application was received by CIC on 29th August, my husband has sponsored me on friday i could log onto his Ecas but today I am not able to access his Ecas, does anyone know what the reason might be??

Thanks for the help.

mariela11

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Guys,
Today I landed in Etobicoke! It was very fast and I got my SIN too. After that I went to Islington and Bloor to Service Ontario to do my OHIP, you need all the documents plus an extra document to support your identity (any bill in your name)
Now I just have to wait for all my cards! hahaha
SOOOO HAPPY :D