+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Hello Guys!

Speaking of English/French classes, just FYI, in Quebec, you can take FREE French classes once you receive your CSQ which we usually get 6 months after applying ;D

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
dawie.south.africa said:
Hi Mark,

That is awesome news for guys in BC! Do you know if it is the same for Ontario? Will sure be a huge relief if that is the case.

Good luck to all still waiting!!! And congrats to all who got their AIP and landed!
Hey Dawie,

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm how it works in other provinces. Just give them a call, and explain your situation - I'm sure you won't have been the first person to inquire, and hopefully, you'll be eligible to apply! best of luck!

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Ok guys, so I was a long time watcher and just a few days ago I decided to start posting because I knew I was close... I just called CIC, and the nice lady said: "I can see that we sent you the OWP and AIP yesterday"

So... I'll be posting my complete timeline soon!!! Thank you God!!!!! ;D 8)

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
theinlander said:
Ok guys, so I was a long time watcher and just a few days ago I decided to start posting because I knew I was close... I just called CIC, and the nice lady said: "I can see that we sent you the OWP and AIP yesterday"

So... I'll be posting my complete timeline soon!!! Thank you God!!!!! ;D 8)
grats! When did you send your app?

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Markm said:
Nevermind, just saw your first post - July 29th! Woot! I'm August 5th, almost there :)
That is correct! By the way, my ecas has not changed yet... I guess they will update it later on... :p 8) ;D :D

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
theinlander said:
That is correct! By the way, my ecas has not changed yet... I guess they will update it later on... :p 8) ;D :D
If I hadn't called on Friday, I'd be calling again to find out if I'm approved today or not! I'll give it a few more days, and if ecas doesn't update and nothing comes in the mail, I'll call again this Friday. So close!

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
StoneTable said:
If I hadn't called on Friday, I'd be calling again to find out if I'm approved today or not! I'll give it a few more days, and if ecas doesn't update and nothing comes in the mail, I'll call again this Friday. So close!
That's right StoneTable!
The lady said that they mailed it yesterday, so very likely yours was mailed yesterday too!!!! I was actually following your case, because CIC received our app on the very same day, and I think there is one or two more people from July 29, and this is one of the reasons I decided to post, so other people can also benefit from my info ;D 8)

deezy

Apr 23, 2012
theinlander said:
That's right StoneTable!
The lady said that they mailed it yesterday, so very likely yours was mailed yesterday too!!!! I was actually following your case, because CIC received our app on the very same day, and I think there is one or two more people from July 29, and this is one of the reasons I decided to post, so other people can also benefit from my info ;D 8)
Yup, July 29th here too (another lurker). I just got off the phone with them(CIC Call centre) and they gave me the usual "they are working on applications received up till April 30th" line and that I still had a couple of months more to go. Thank God for this forum that paints a more realistic picture. I'll give it a couple of days more too and see what happens. Congrats theinlander!..and get ready August applicants!!

finebaby

Dec 19, 2011
Hi everyone,
please can anyone that has landed already give me a clue...do i need to go to the interview with our pictures. I mean those relationship evidence we included in our application . Are the necessary? do i have to print them again? like our wedding pictures and all? they only asked for passport photo and valid travel document. suggestion pls

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
I just called... it was a waste of time calling to find out the same info we can see on their website about which they're currently working on April 30. She asked me to wait for three more months. :-X

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
finebaby said:
Hi everyone,
please can anyone that has landed already give me a clue...do i need to go to the interview with our pictures. I mean those relationship evidence we included in our application . Are the necessary? do i have to print them again? like our wedding pictures and all? they only asked for passport photo and valid travel document. suggestion pls
what is this landed interview?if it's for landed interview,no you will only need to bring your PR pictures and travel documents,they will put stamped in your passport that you landed in that day.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
can we contact local cic. anyone knows the cic montreal office number. thanks

joheine

Jun 19, 2012
Hi,

my application has been refused today. I would like to know about my options.
The refusal really doesn't make any sense.

I was living on a work & travel visa together with my common-law partner starting Aug 29th 2010. I was told by the call centre that if I sent in the application for permanent residency at least one month before my working visa runs out, I can stay and work under the same conditions until I will get my permanent residency. I sent my application on 28th of July 2011.

Now Immigration Canada states that they refuse the application, because we only lived together for 11 month at the date of application. That said I have now lived together with my partner since Aug 29th 2010 which is way longer than the required 12 months. In my opinion this decision doesn't make any sense.

What can I do next? To me this sounds like a true nightmare and more like a mistake from a lazy employee. I mean we have been living together for almost two years now.

Of course I will contact the call centre tomorrow, but appreciate any advice on my options!

Thanks!