+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
lilizinha said:
Everybody here is trying to help you if the information we have.
I think you come across a bit rude time to time, sounds like you really think your case is different.
Hope is not the case, because is everybody on the same boat here and does not matter level of education or how much money you have, we all on the cic hands.
Would be really great to hear from some one who is on the same situatios as you, but I think will be hard to find someone who did the same after read the CIC Guide and all the information you can get on CIC website.
Hope your case ends soon and well!
Thanks Lili - I know, I think some of my frustration has shown in my recent posts - for that I apologize.

I just spent an hour or so speaking with a very nice and knowledgeable CIC rep (rare, i know!), and this is what she told me - (I'm not looking for confirmation, just want to let you guys know what I was told :)).

As I've been told by users of this forum, it's always a risk leaving the country when you have an inland application in process. It's NOT forbidden to leave, but they advise you do not, because if you are denied re-entry, they must abandon your application.

You are certainly allowed to be outside the country - the do not restrict this. I read on here that if they find out she left, they will throw out our application - this is simply not true. The reason for all of this, is because of course you must be in Canada to accept your permanent residence - if you are not allowed in the country, well, of course you can't accept it.

Another user explained implied status correctly, and this was reaffirmed by the agent - you only have implied status as long as you don't not leave the country. Once you leave, your implied status is absolved. However, with a multiple-entrance VISA, every time you enter (assuming they allow you to enter), they will USUALLY give you 6 months less a day. As long as you leave before that (or apply for an extension), you are fine. When you come back, you get another 6 months less a day.

You can still get AIP if you're out of the country - in her experience, she has NEVER seen a case where they check whether you are in the country or not when they give you AIP. Of course they could, but even then, it's irrelevant - the only thing that matters, is that you have to admissible back into the country.

In my own personal case, this alleviated much of my concern - when deciding whether to let you into the country or not, they look at a few things - first and foremost, if you're a threat to anyone in the country, or if you have a health issue that may pose danger to Canadians, you'll probably get denied. Otherwise, they just want to make sure that should your application get denied, you will actually leave the country. How do they determine whether or not your an escape threat?

- travel history - they look to see if you've traveled to Canada and other countries, and if you've always followed the rules and left on time.
- strong ties to home country - you should have sufficient family and friends, lodging, work, etc in your home country - incentive for you to return
-work prospects in home country - if you're coming from a country where the chance of you maintaining a good quality of life are slim due to a lack of jobs, or a slow economy, this affects you negatively as well.

I'm sure there's other factors, but these are the main ones they look for, according to the CIC rep.

As someone else mentioned, yes, CBSA agents can see if you have an application in process, when you try to enter at the border. They don't necessarily check it all the time, but if they wanted to, they could check, and put notes on your file.

She said the stage 1 interview is rare, but can happen (i'm pretty sure most of you know this already, but i'll tell you what she said anyway :)). If they have further questions, your file gets transferred to a local office, and they will request an interview. From the time they notify of the transfer of your file, to the time you actually have to interview, is usually a couple of months. Can be shorter or longer of course depending on the centre it's sent to.

Not sure if this post is actually helpful to anyone, if it is, cheers!

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
lilizinha said:
Everybody here is trying to help you if the information we have.
I think you come across a bit rude time to time, sounds like you really think your case is different.
Hope is not the case, because is everybody on the same boat here and does not matter level of education or how much money you have, we all on the cic hands.
Would be really great to hear from some one who is on the same situatios as you, but I think will be hard to find someone who did the same after read the CIC Guide and all the information you can get on CIC website.
Hope your case ends soon and well!
Thanks Lili - I know, I think some of my frustration has shown in my recent posts - for that I apologize.

I just spent an hour or so speaking with a very nice and knowledgeable CIC rep (rare, i know!), and this is what she told me - (I'm not looking for confirmation, just want to let you guys know what I was told :)).

As I've been told by users of this forum, it's always a risk leaving the country when you have an inland application in process. It's NOT forbidden to leave, but they advise you do not, because if you are denied re-entry, they must abandon your application.

You are certainly allowed to be outside the country - the do not restrict this. I read on here that if they find out she left, they will throw out our application - this is simply not true. The reason for all of this, is because of course you must be in Canada to accept your permanent residence - if you are not allowed in the country, well, of course you can't accept it.

Another user explained implied status correctly, and this was reaffirmed by the agent - you only have implied status as long as you don't not leave the country. Once you leave, your implied status is absolved. However, with a multiple-entrance VISA, every time you enter (assuming they allow you to enter), they will USUALLY give you 6 months less a day. As long as you leave before that (or apply for an extension), you are fine. When you come back, you get another 6 months less a day.

You can still get AIP if you're out of the country - in her experience, she has NEVER seen a case where they check whether you are in the country or not when they give you AIP. Of course they could, but even then, it's irrelevant - the only thing that matters, is that you have to admissible back into the country.

In my own personal case, this alleviated much of my concern - when deciding whether to let you into the country or not, they look at a few things - first and foremost, if you're a threat to anyone in the country, or if you have a health issue that may pose danger to Canadians, you'll probably get denied. Otherwise, they just want to make sure that should your application get denied, you will actually leave the country. How do they determine whether or not your an escape threat?

- travel history - they look to see if you've traveled to Canada and other countries, and if you've always followed the rules and left on time.
- strong ties to home country - you should have sufficient family and friends, lodging, work, etc in your home country - incentive for you to return
-work prospects in home country - if you're coming from a country where the chance of you maintaining a good quality of life are slim due to a lack of jobs, or a slow economy, this affects you negatively as well.

I'm sure there's other factors, but these are the main ones they look for, according to the CIC rep.

As someone else mentioned, yes, CBSA agents can see if you have an application in process, when you try to enter at the border. They don't necessarily check it all the time, but if they wanted to, they could check, and put notes on your file.

She said the stage 1 interview is rare, but can happen (i'm pretty sure most of you know this already, but i'll tell you what she said anyway :)). If they have further questions, your file gets transferred to a local office, and they will request an interview. From the time they notify of the transfer of your file, to the time you actually have to interview, is usually a couple of months. Can be shorter or longer of course depending on the centre it's sent to.

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
Markm said:

Hey Markm, I would like to take your side a bit here and share my story with you. I think the other users are going a bit overboard and not really reading what you are saying. I think people need to understand that everyone has a different case, and some people are frustrated that they can't leave so they don't want anyone else to either.

I've filed Inland since last August, I am a US Greencard holder and do not require a visa or a passport to enter Canada when driving back and forth across the border. I can just show my Greencard and that is that, I've never had any problem, so I just wanted to share that.

I think the problem is for people who need a visa to access Canada, it can probably be difficult to get one if you leave and then your application would be abandoned if you weren't able to get back in.

However since your wife has a multiple entry visa, it really is no problem.

Like I said every case is different, this is a forum where people can help each other out, not point fingers.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
I'm glad you got a nice person on CIC and explain all of that.
Now we got more informations about it and you probally is felling better!
Good luck to you

Markm said:

tzing

Jan 23, 2012
just a final update of my application. i finally got my PR card in the mail today, after 2 months and a week of waiting. and my family and i are flying to Florida next monday for vacation, that's why i was stressed out by not having the PR card for a month. i got it just in time though. thanks for everyone's support and advice here.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
I have no status but just came from the interview it went well he said to me he made his discussion he never spoke to my spouse he was nice and he told me I have to get ready to pay some fee for returning to Canada with out permission so am in a week of worry right now was it a good thing for not seeing my spouse

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
johanna125 said:
Hi. So sorry to hear about your story. Just curious. What is the nature of your violation? Why did CBSA visit you at home?
I returned to Canada after being deport.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
johanna125 said:
Hi. So sorry to hear about your story. Just curious. What is the nature of your violation? Why did CBSA visit you at home?
so my interview went well I think he did not ask much stuff he wanted to know if my spouse only got married for professional card then left her and also my spouse experience wife is taking money for assistance in his name clam they are still married so that was my question were we met why we broke up before and then he said I don't need to talk to your husband I have made a discussion on the file and I should wait for the mail he send my spouse to get a letter from assistance showing he don't get any money from them we did that and now it's waiting time but what am I waiting for and can I get a work permit with that letter and also health care are they just sending a you are eligible letter do I have to call for them to send me a aip because my husband says I do help so lost right now

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
vincystress said:
so my interview went well I think he did not ask much stuff he wanted to know if my spouse only got married for professional card then left her and also my spouse experience wife is taking money for assistance in his name clam they are still married so that was my question were we met why we broke up before and then he said I don't need to talk to your husband I have made a discussion on the file and I should wait for the mail he send my spouse to get a letter from assistance showing he don't get any money from them we did that and now it's waiting time but what am I waiting for and can I get a work permit with that letter and also health care are they just sending a you are eligible letter do I have to call for them to send me a aip because my husband says I do help so lost right now
Good to hear everything went well. Why you been deported? So what did they said about ur file?

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
xxpazaway said:
Good to hear everything went well. Why you been deported? So what did they said about ur file?
i over stayed before and was asked to leave I left and came back so that's y CBSA came tomy house my file going okay the interview was good I will update my timeline for you guys just waiting to know if am eligible for sponsorship

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
tzing said:
just a final update of my application. i finally got my PR card in the mail today, after 2 months and a week of waiting. and my family and i are flying to Florida next monday for vacation, that's why i was stressed out by not having the PR card for a month. i got it just in time though. thanks for everyone's support and advice here.
Happy to hear that! Congratulations!

TCZQUEEN

Jun 1, 2012
Just kept the phone down...and guess what Agent told me that I have been approved ..got My AIP on 13th june ....super duper happy and excited .

Thanks to this forum , which has always guided all of us and gave us the real time frame for the process.

Applied 26 th July 2011

AIP -13th June 2012

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
TCZQUEEN said:
Just kept the phone down...and guess what Agent told me that I have been approved ..got My AIP on 13th june ....super duper happy and excited .

Thanks to this forum , which has always guided all of us and gave us the real time frame for the process.

Applied 26 th July 2011

AIP -13th June 2012
Congrats! :D

StoneTable

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Tilbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
LANDED..........
09-19-2013
All the late July folks must be calling now, because no agents are available to take my call! ;D

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
TCZQUEEN said:

Applied 26 th July 2011

AIP -13th June 2012
really happy for you!!! congrats!