+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heyhey1 said:
Ok now I have a question ;D I seen people sending in their medicals and FBI check later because of experation. I sent in my Medicals and FBI check with the application. As it sits on their desk its possible they will expire, and I going to have to pay and re do these?? I dont see how this can our fault they dident get around to processing them. That would be the same as us getting a hydro bill and saying I havent paid because I havent gotten to your bill yet.. ???
If you are asked to re-do the Police checks or the medical, yes, you have to pay.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
heyhey1 said:
Ok now I have a question ;D I seen people sending in their medicals and FBI check later because of experation. I sent in my Medicals and FBI check with the application. As it sits on their desk its possible they will expire, and I going to have to pay and re do these?? I dont see how this can our fault they dident get around to processing them. That would be the same as us getting a hydro bill and saying I havent paid because I havent gotten to your bill yet.. ???
omg I sooo aggree with you!!!!!!

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
My Wife's Update today on ECas

We received your application for permanent residence on January 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on January 17, 2012 xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

My Heart is pounding is this good or bad???

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
604gtir said:

We sent you a letter on January 17, 2012 xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Good news!

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
Hi Everyone

Missha I don't have a date for when they started to process my application. I also noticed that you mistaken the date for my application. They received my application on February 2th ( I sent it on the 28 of January 2011)

Now I have a question how do you know when your application is in process? I am still waiting for the 1st step to be approve and I didn't received anything that will give me an Ecas.

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
Hi, I am new to this site. I really wish I knew of this before. I am kind of freaking out. My husband and I got married in March, and shortly after we saw a law consultant who helped us with the sponsorship package in late May. He said he would send it some days later. I recently found about this site and saw that I could call CIC to see if application was received and if its in process. After not being able to sign into the ECAS I called in today. I am the one sponsoring and gave my name and some information, and the agent said he couldnt find our file that it is not in the system. I started to freak out, he said I shouldnt be worried because they are working on application received January 14, 2011, but I am seeing all of these posts of being seeing there's received and in process days after.

Has this happened to anyone. What should I do? He asked me to call the law consultant to see if he has a tracking number of the application, but he responded he would give us a call soon.

Does this mean they dont have our sponsorship package!?

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
I called CIC today after e-Cas wasn't working. Nice guy answered, said everything looked like it was on track and that it appeared that they everything was progressing normally. I asked about time frames and he said if he was a betting man he would say I am looking at March for first stage. Sooooo they are on the 11-12 month crawl. :-\

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
Dee_Dee123 said:
Hi, I am new to this site. I really wish I knew of this before. I am kind of freaking out. My husband and I got married in March, and shortly after we saw a law consultant who helped us with the sponsorship package in late May. He said he would send it some days later. I recently found about this site and saw that I could call CIC to see if application was received and if its in process. After not being able to sign into the ECAS I called in today. I am the one sponsoring and gave my name and some information, and the agent said he couldnt find our file that it is not in the system. I started to freak out, he said I shouldnt be worried because they are working on application received January 14, 2011, but I am seeing all of these posts of being seeing there's received and in process days after.

Has this happened to anyone. What should I do? He asked me to call the law consultant to see if he has a tracking number of the application, but he responded he would give us a call soon.

If you have sent in your application last year in May, then you should have been assigned a client ID in my opinion. If not you can try to look up the status of your application with the receipt number that your lawyer/consultant would have when they sent in your application. Do you know if your package was sent through registered trackable mail? Maybe you can try to track your package as well to be sure if its stuck or something. But I would dfinitely resend ASAP cuz normally by this time your application shouldve started processing.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Dee_Dee123 said:

As you said, your app. already passed 6 months, you should see something on eCas.
However, there are still some people applying in 2010 couldn't see any update on eCase until their 9 months. I think you should wait for your law consultant and sort out between you two first. If by anyway after that you can't sort out with the consultant, you may call CIC again in a month to see if they can find your app.

The worst case is that you can think about filling the app. again and send right away. On the new package, you will put something like re-send, if find the previous package, please process and calculate time on the previous one. You can call CIC to get some instructions for this case. I saw one person fell into this case in thread 2010 but CIC found her/his first app. and proceeded the first one at the end.

Wish you the best luck!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
In Limbo said:
Hi cant remember if someone asked this before but can I call CIC on behalf of my hubby who I`m sponsoring or does he have to call himself? I never got any communication from them as a sponsor in terms of any tracking number etc. He is the only one with an applicant number and he is at work during days and evenings.
HI... call CIC and tell them to send you by email the authorization form where your husband authorize you to call on his behalf... IM saying this because I also asked and they sent it to me within minutes. At the same time, ask them for your ID number, Im the sponsor and I have one because they sent me a letter with it, however, our application is in Quebec, so they need to send those forms in order for us, sponsors, to complete them.. these forms are for for the QSC certificates...

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heyhey1 said:

You could have sent the medicals and police files a few months later AFTER the application package was sent, but I understand your frustration since that is not what is stated in the sometimes confusing "do-it-yourself" guide provided by CIC.

However, frustration won't make it better or easier for you, or anyone else for that matter, so my recommendation is to exercise patience and to be proactive with your case. In your particular situation there are, however, some good news: CIC won't penalize you by requesting a new FBI file if the existing one expires. That's awesome!! That reduces the problem to just the medicals! (Apropos, did you also send state police background checks? You may want to look into it!)

As far as medicals, if you sent them with the original application package and know for a fact that they will expire before the assessment of the First Stage, simply go ahead and redo them. Period! Do not wait until CIC requests them because this will add up more processing time to your Second Stage. Help yourself by being proactive instead of reactive!!

Also, try to redo the medicals several months prior to the approximate date when the assessment of the First Stage of Approval will take place. This will guarantee that by the time the examining officer takes a look at your file for AIP, he/she will also find valid medicals which could help you get DM sooner, or even right away. This is exactly what helped us get AIP and DM on the very same day!!

Good luck!!

S. :)

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
604gtir said:

Extremely good news, and congratulations!!! You may want to have your wife call CIC to confirm that you guys got both stages approved!!!! Yup! (That's the exact format of my wife's e-CAS when she was approved on both stages a couple of weeks ago).

Also, this is very, very encouraging for all those people waiting to hear from CIC. Because of what we all have been witnessing during the last few weeks, it is fair to say that as long as all your documentation in file is valid, particularly medicals, DM can be obtained right away along with AIP, which is nothing short of fantastic.

Once again, congrats 604gtir!!! We are happy for you :D

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Serendipity said:
You could have sent the medicals and police files a few months later AFTER the application package was sent, but I understand your frustration since that is not what is stated in the sometimes confusing "do-it-yourself" guide provided by CIC.

However, frustration won't make it better or easier for you, or anyone else for that matter, so my recommendation is to exercise patience and to be proactive with your case. In your particular situation there are, however, some good news: CIC won't penalize you by requesting a new FBI file if the existing one expires. That's awesome!! That reduces the problem to just the medicals! (Apropos, did you also send state police background checks? You may want to look into it!)

As far as medicals, if you sent them with the original application package and know for a fact that they will expire before the assessment of the First Stage, simply go ahead and redo them. Period! Do not wait until CIC requests them because this will add up more processing time to your Second Stage. Help yourself by being proactive instead of reactive!!

Also, try to redo the medicals several months prior to the approximate date when the assessment of the First Stage of Approval will take place. This will guarantee that by the time the examining officer takes a look at your file for AIP, he/she will also find valid medicals which could help you get DM sooner, or even right away. This is exactly what helped us get AIP and DM on the very same day!!

Good luck!!

S,

I like your suggestions..but What i am going to do with my SINGAPORE police clearance where I lived for 3.5 years long time ago... :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
Serendipity said:
Extremely good news, and congratulations!!! You may want to have your wife call CIC to confirm that you guys got both stages approved!!!! Yup! (That's the exact format of my wife's e-CAS when she was approved on both stages a couple of weeks ago).

Also, this is very, very encouraging for all those people waiting to hear from CIC. Because of what we all have been witnessing during the last few weeks, it is fair to say that as long as all your documentation in file is valid, particularly medicals, DM can be obtained right away along with AIP, which is nothing short of fantastic.

Once again, congrats 604gtir!!! We are happy for you :D

Serendipity, if both stages are approved, will it say so in the letter in the mail?

We're expecting the letter today or early next week.

N

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
Serendipity said:
Yeah It would be nice if the CIC would let people know that if your medicals expire while sitting on their desk that you will have to re-do them. (nice way to generate revenue into the helth care system)

As far as the state background. Is that in second stage?? My partner and I found NOTHING about state checks. Again this would be nice to know before we sent everything in. Since we are so close I guess we will now just see what they need.