Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
heyhey1 said:
Yeah It would be nice if the CIC would let people know that if your medicals expire while sitting on their desk that you will have to re-do them. (nice way to generate revenue into the helth care system)

As far as the state background. Is that in second stage?? My partner and I found NOTHING about state checks. Again this would be nice to know before we sent everything in. Since we are so close I guess we will now just see what they need.

This is what I have been thinking as well. .We are so close.. even if we request FBI, it wont be here till mid of march.. so just keep the fingers cross..

I so doubt in my case that I might got into 2nd stage due to my singapore certs.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
I don't understand how they dare to consider your medical exam expired when it is they who choose to look into them only after a year. I guess it is one of the injustices of our life... :( By the way, I asked them yesterday whether my exam (which I did at the end of 2010) will be deemed expired and whether I have to redo it myself now, the agent said they might accept it so I don't have to bother redoing it. Also they said I will get my AIP in 2 months or less (my app. was received on March 10, 2011). Overall, I want to admit that I regret having applied within Canada and I suggest that new applicants think twice before doing it. I personally know a girl who applied outside of Canada in my country of origin, so she got all her papers in 3 MONTHS (even though the official times were 9 months)!!! I think the best way to go is (as somebody mentioned here earlier) to apply outside of Canada while staying here on a visitor's visa. Having to fly for an interview is not so bad compared to sitting on your a...s for 2 years without having any rights in this country.

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
missha said:
This is what I have been thinking as well. .We are so close.. even if we request FBI, it wont be here till mid of march.. so just keep the fingers cross..

I so doubt in my case that I might got into 2nd stage due to my singapore certs.
FINGERS CROSSED :) Yeah, I agree it dosent help getting frustrated. It just seems the closer the time gets the more stressfull it is. As long as I can get first stage approved, and start working again I will be happy no matter how long it takes for second stage. ;)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Hello,

I have been searching all over the forum but haven't found the info I am looking for yet. Can anyone please let me know how much it costs to do a medical in Canada for spousal sponsorship? generally speaking, of course. Thank you.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
mc1234 said:
Hello,

I have been searching all over the forum but haven't found the info I am looking for yet. Can anyone please let me know how much it costs to do a medical in Canada for spousal sponsorship? generally speaking, of course. Thank you.
i paid 140.

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mc1234 said:
Hello,

I think it was 150 for me...The Doctor only gave me a recipt to mail in with the app. the Doctor sent the exam, and x-rays (done seprate) to Ottawa.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Oh okay, great thanks for your info. I was told it would be close to 1000 dollars which is why we were debating getting it done in Mexico, since we are here now. If we are applying out land through Mexico but doing the medical in Canada I am assuming they will just give me the paper and we can send it in before with our application, or do you know if they would send it to our embassy as well?

Thank you everyone for your help, don't know what I would do without canadavisa :)

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heyhey1 said:
FINGERS CROSSED :) Yeah, I agree it dosent help getting frustrated. It just seems the closer the time gets the more stressfull it is. As long as I can get first stage approved, and start working again I will be happy no matter how long it takes for second stage. ;)
I agree!
As long as you have your OWP and start working then you will not worry too much As your job will keep you busy!!

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Is there anyone who can help me understand one thing? Maybe this question has been discussed already but I couldnt find the answer... Why is it that if CIC states it takes 11-12 months for AIP, AIP does get granted after more or less this amount of time, but when CIC states it takes 8 months for the second stage approval, the actual processing times for this stage range from no time at all (in case of people who get AIP and DM at the same time) to 8-9 months or even more? Seems like a very large variability... I understand each case is different, but how can you explain this fundamentally different approach to treating these two stages?

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
mc1234 said:
Oh okay, great thanks for your info. I was told it would be close to 1000 dollars which is why we were debating getting it done in Mexico, since we are here now. If we are applying out land through Mexico but doing the medical in Canada I am assuming they will just give me the paper and we can send it in before with our application, or do you know if they would send it to our embassy as well?

Thank you everyone for your help, don't know what I would do without canadavisa :)
I was in almost the same situation (but reverse) and chose to do my medical in Ukraine before I was even married (for the fear of high costs in Canada) but applied from within Canada later. From what I understood, they just send your results to some international center (in my case it was London) and they give you a slip which you then send with your application (which doesn't have any information about your health, just a reference number which later helps them to get your results from that international center). So, I don't think they send anything to your embassy...

604gtir

Nov 16, 2011
So we have an interview on January 23rd, it says to bring any documents relating to marital status. Since we're common law, do I just bring the form we had notarized? What Kind of questions can we expect at the Interview?
Also we have to pay 490$ fee for the right of permanent residence.

Also I'm not familiar with the steps remaining to Permanent Residence.
After the interview, what happens? (we sent in an OWP app with the original application)

So excited, gotta go ask the boss for time off!

My Wife's Update today on ECas

We received your application for permanent residence on January 28, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 9, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on January 17, 2012 xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

My Heart is pounding is this good or bad???

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
604gtir said:
So we have an interview on January 23rd, it says to bring any documents relating to marital status. Since we're common law, do I just bring the form we had notarized? What Kind of questions can we expect at the Interview?
Also we have to pay 490$ fee for the right of permanent residence.

Also I'm not familiar with the steps remaining to Permanent Residence.
After the interview, what happens? (we sent in an OWP app with the original application)

So excited, gotta go ask the boss for time off!
AWESOME 604gtir!!!! I would bring anything showing that your common law is legit, such as shared bank accounts, bills, Majior purchases, pictures, and delcoration of Common law (signed by an lawyer or notary)...They will let you know what you need to do next....CONGRATS!!

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Hi guys,

What does it mean when it says:

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 17, 2012. The local CIC office may contact you.

How much longer do I have to wait? I'm waiting for my first stage approval...

Thanks!

Dee_Dee123

Jan 19, 2012
hatrang said:
As you said, your app. already passed 6 months, you should see something on eCas.
However, there are still some people applying in 2010 couldn't see any update on eCase until their 9 months. I think you should wait for your law consultant and sort out between you two first. If by anyway after that you can't sort out with the consultant, you may call CIC again in a month to see if they can find your app.

The worst case is that you can think about filling the app. again and send right away. On the new package, you will put something like re-send, if find the previous package, please process and calculate time on the previous one. You can call CIC to get some instructions for this case. I saw one person fell into this case in thread 2010 but CIC found her/his first app. and proceeded the first one at the end.

Wish you the best luck!

Thanks!

So I just called CIC and tired the automated service using my husband's client id# he got for his work permit over a year ago.. and it said applicataion received May 31 2011. So it got there but why havent they begun processing it? Are there any reasons why it wouldnt be? Im nervous! Still cant see anything on ECAS using this number.

Cauliflower

Jan 18, 2012
Thank you guys for your quick response. It was helpful for me to get to know your opinion concerning your decision of applying inland, not outland.