Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Cauliflower said:
Hello!
We are going to apply for a sponsorship and my question is a little bit off topic but as everybody here applied within Canada, I decided to ask it here.
Today I called CIC and the lady told me that we can apply to visa office Outside Canada,while I can apply for a visa extension and stay with my husband in Canada. So why all of you decided to apply within Canada, not as I described above? what's the catch in this variant?
The answer I have applied inland is that I wanted to avoid "uncertainty". You never know how long they are going to extend for you and when ur extension expires and if you have to reapply, either they are going to give you or not.

With inland you can stay with your husband under implied status and legally in canada till you get ur first stage approve and then u have temporary PR.

Choice is your, better safe than sorry :)

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
:eek: Do i even have to say anything?! WOW what the heck is going on. When I applied it was 8 months to AIP now 12+. I know you all know how I feel.
UGH!

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
Inlandme said:
No jump today :( really is so disappointing. I read somewhere on the forum maybe under the 2010 inland application topic, that CIC is trying to get all the pending decisions on the 2010 applications done by march of this year. I don't know if that is the cause of such slow processing.
yes, check 2010 forum. they have been getting DM/landing.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:-X To say it is frustrating, is to say nothing. No jump, no official hope that they are moving! Wow :(

I chose inland because I didn't like an option of flying across the planet for a possible interview back home. Also I am not a fan of long distnace relationships and to collect papers for inland seemed not as difficult as outland. And sor sure you are under implied status and don't have to worry about re-entering the country, which is always risky.

iamxiaogua

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
Feb 3, 2012
Med's Request
Mar 30, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 14, 2012
Interview........
WAVED
Passport Req..
Jun 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 16, 2012
LANDED..........
Jul 25, 2012
Checked the 2010 forum, looks like CIC is processing June to Oct 2010 applications.
Hope they will finish the 2010s soon and get back on us 2011s.

missha said:
yes, check 2010 forum. they have been getting DM/landing.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I started in 2010. I'm still waiting on my landing interview. :(

kaybee55

Jul 24, 2010
Soory everyone...but I was so excited, I made a mistake...

PR really meant DM for us.

We sent the 490$ fee and are waiting for the landing date...

Does anyone know what to expect at the landing (we are landing in MTL)...is more of a formality or are there several questions....Just trying to prep....last stretch now :)

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
angtao said:
I am so *censored word*in pissed off right now. I cannot believe that it has not moved again. I wish I can call cic and ask them why they have barely mOved in 4 weeks. Next week it will be 5 weeks. What the *censored word* is going on over there? They are obviously taking there sweet ass precious time. I am going to call cic tomorrow and ask them what is going on.

This is a disaster
hi

I am just wondering if you called CIC?

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Hi cant remember if someone asked this before but can I call CIC on behalf of my hubby who I`m sponsoring or does he have to call himself? I never got any communication from them as a sponsor in terms of any tracking number etc. He is the only one with an applicant number and he is at work during days and evenings.

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
In Limbo said:
Hi cant remember if someone asked this before but can I call CIC on behalf of my hubby who I`m sponsoring or does he have to call himself? I never got any communication from them as a sponsor in terms of any tracking number etc. He is the only one with an applicant number and he is at work during days and evenings.
YEah, i have the same question...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
kaybee55 said:
Soory everyone...but I was so excited, I made a mistake...

PR really meant DM for us.

We sent the 490$ fee and are waiting for the landing date...

Does anyone know what to expect at the landing (we are landing in MTL)...is more of a formality or are there several questions....Just trying to prep....last stretch now :)
I thought you already landed on Jan 9, 2011..? If not what happened on Jan 9th? I have to update in chart then. I am confused with you dates.

At the landing they usually dont ask anything much.. probably some formal question of showing ur passpport etc. How about if you check the landing office by calling

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
In Limbo said:
My sponsor hasnt had any problem calling and asking questions. As long a you know his client ID, and you are the sponsor. you shouldent have any problems. I guess it depends who you talk to. You can ask the same question to 3 diffrent officers, and get 3 diffrent answers...

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
Ok now I have a question ;D I seen people sending in their medicals and FBI check later because of experation. I sent in my Medicals and FBI check with the application. As it sits on their desk its possible they will expire, and I going to have to pay and re do these?? I dont see how this can our fault they dident get around to processing them. That would be the same as us getting a hydro bill and saying I havent paid because I havent gotten to your bill yet.. ???