+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
So today was the day, last week i got a letter from Cic hamilton, informing me of my appointment for today at 9:30 .
in the morning, we stopped for a nice morning tim coffee.
when we arrived we took our number and we were called five minutes later to pay the RPRF , i had the certified cheque ready.
half an hour later, we were called to an office where we were greeted by a really nice lady , first thing she said was congratulations on your PR, my wife and I felt relieved when we heard that.
she asked for my passport, photos and my wife's Id.
She checked the picture measurements , and to my surprise they were the wrong size. what a bummer :(
then she asked me to check the confirmation of the permanent residence form, another bummer :( there was a mistake , i had to get another passport cause my old one expired ,so for the first date of entry to canada instead of putting Sept15,2005 they put the date the passport was issued Apr20,2010. she said it has to be fixed right away other ways that would affect my canadian pension plan and other stuff related to that ( i have been working in canada since my arrival date ( sept 2005).
after i heard those two problems , i was getting myself psychologically to hear here are your documents we will book you another appointment with the next months.
she said if you can get the pictures done , i will fix the mistake on the confirmation as soon as possible today, fortunatetly jackson square mall is next door, i rushed to get the new pictures taken at the same photography store. for free since it was their mistake .
that was done in 15 min, we rushed back ,waited unpatientley till we were called back to her office , the confirmation mistake was corrected.
was asked to check it again, signed and put my intials on it and it was all done.
i was told i ll get my PR card by mail in 7 to 8 week, outside in waiting area i was called to get my SIN number renewed, i got a new one with out the limitation of number 9.
time to celebrate , we went to a nice restaurant in town , had a nice lunch. and chatted about future plans.
i wish you guys good luck, and congratulations to all january application who got the positive answer from cic.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been on that much lately. Been really busy.

Cauliflower, we decided to apply inland because the country that my husband comes from had a 1 month wait in Mississauga and a 13 month wait at the issuing office. Inland at the time was 10 months. Of course I knew that the 13 month wait was not for everyone and some people get approved way sooner but we also did not want to fly there for an interview should there be one. Plus, if they deny you for outland the appeal process can take forever. We just felt inland was better for us.

Zoe, I did not get a chance to call CIC and rage at then about the time. I honestly cannot be bothered with them anymore. I mean, who knows, what if we have another week of no jumps? With CIC I have only noticed times getting worse since we applied, not better.

604, congrats on getting AIP and DM. You must be stoked.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Taradil, Congratulations. You must be so happy. I do not see your timeline on the chart. Care to share your timeline with us?

Dee_Dee, does it not say in your ecas that your file is in process? What does your ecas say?

sesame & new canuck, any news yet?

maldita, I am so sorry that your file got transferred. That is my worst fear. Apparentley your file was transferred to your local office as they probably want to interview you to see if your relationship is genuine. I don't know which is your local office but I heard it can take 1 year for an appointment. I would call CIC and see what is happening.

604, is Jan.23 your landing date? Which office are you landing in.

sesamerush

Nov 5, 2010
Congratulations 604gtir and Taradil! I can't imagine how relieved you must feel.
As for myself, I FINALLY saw a teensy update on my file today- huzzah! Not much, just that they've received my medical results. But after waiting so FRIGGIN long for some hint that my application is indeed being processed I can't help but let out a sigh of relief. I was almost convinced my file got stuck between the wall and desk by accident hahahaha.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Guys, please help me understand! Do you all have information on your e-cas that your medical results have been received? When do they generally post that info?? Because I don't have anything except for the info that they started working on my app. Maybe I am just getting paranoid with this whole process: always feel something will go wrong! ???

heyhey1

Jan 13, 2012
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 7, 2011
AOR Received.
March 16, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
AIP: Feb 11th, 2012
liza-laziza said:
Guys, please help me understand! Do you all have information on your e-cas that your medical results have been received? When do they generally post that info?? Because I don't have anything except for the info that they started working on my app. Maybe I am just getting paranoid with this whole process: always feel something will go wrong! ???
EVERYTHING is fine...the first date will be that day they Rec, the next date they will post is they are processing, then if you sent medicals in seperate they will post those. If you sent in with the app it wont say. Mine say nothing of medicals either and its ok...The CIC will let you know if they need more..just keep busy, relax, its gonna be a long wait..

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
heyhey1 said:
EVERYTHING is fine...the first date will be that day they Rec, the next date they will post is they are processing, then if you sent medicals in seperate they will post those. If you sent in with the app it wont say. Mine say nothing of medicals either and its ok...The CIC will let you know if they need more..just keep busy, relax, its gonna be a long wait..
Thank you very much, heyhey1, it's very reassuring to know that!

Inlandme

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2011
liza-laziza said:
Hi liza-laziza, i was wondering if you sent in your medical report after submitting your application? I am just trying to figure out if the medical report update on ecas is a result of that or maybe a step forward in your application process. Maybe they opened your file and confirm that your medicals are infact valid as of that day and don't need you to resend? Just a guess cuz people here have seen that update even though they didnt sent in the medical as additional documents. In any case congratulations to you on seeing an update on your ecas! It is good newsss! Atleast they are dong SOMETHING ;)

lyrical

Star Member
Sep 13, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2011
Med's Done....
29-03-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-12
OH God I just saw the chart! its incredible how fast it goes!

In Limbo

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2011
Hi everyone..just got an update on ecas stating our application has been transferred to the local CIC office on January 17th. We expected that as we didnt have a great deals of pics etc. We live in the Kitchener-Waterloo area so not long to wait for interview. We are not worried as we are very much in love. Wish us luck. Hopefully we get both stages approved at the same time...I know wishful thinking :)

Zoekitkat

Jan 9, 2012
Feel kind of stupid, but I realized that I had a client number and that I could check my ecas. So after 355 days of waiting with no news I finally open my eyes and got curious. So here is the summary of my timeline:

Application send, January 28, 2011
Application received, January 31, 2011 (I am really sorry missha to make you update my timeline so many times)
Application in process, March 10, 2011.

Now here is what my ecas says:
We received your application for permanent residence on January 31, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 10, 2011.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

How long after the DM do you get the brown envelop?

Cheers.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
mc1234 said:
Hello,

I have been searching all over the forum but haven't found the info I am looking for yet. Can anyone please let me know how much it costs to do a medical in Canada for spousal sponsorship? generally speaking, of course. Thank you.
My husband just had his done last week in Chatham Ontario, and it was 150.00 for the doctor, 60 for all the blood and xrays. In total approx 210.00. They say that all the docs you can find on the CIC website all charge the same as per a guideline... :)

angel1977

Jan 13, 2012
maldita said:
Hi guys,

What does it mean when it says:

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 17, 2012. The local CIC office may contact you.

How much longer do I have to wait? I'm waiting for my first stage approval...

Thanks!

We are on the same boat....Mine was transfered also in Dec 22, 2011 w/out the first stage approval....May i know where is your local office?.....God bless us...

missha

Jan 29, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/18/2011
AOR Received.
04/12/2011
In Limbo said:
Hi everyone..just got an update on ecas stating our application has been transferred to the local CIC office on January 17th. We expected that as we didnt have a great deals of pics etc. We live in the Kitchener-Waterloo area so not long to wait for interview. We are not worried as we are very much in love. Wish us luck. Hopefully we get both stages approved at the same time...I know wishful thinking :)
ure march 16,OMG they are working on march applications too....