+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Xanthe

Aug 3, 2011
My wives PR application went to Vegreville in June. At the same time we submitted a visitors visa extension as hers expired in August. We just received her visitor extension for 2 years, good till november 2013. My question is this... Is my wife allowed to travel to her country of origin for a visit with family or should she simply stay in Canada till PR is completed. I guess I'm asking if the renewed visitors visa is just her legal status her or does having it allow here to re-enter Canada. The visitors record does say "does not guarantee re-entry". Thanks for any answers you provide...

Xanthe

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
I do understand you, because we want to travel so badly also... however, the only way to travel other than to the USA, is by getting PR... we are stock in Canada... I love travelling to NYC or Virginia Beach but there is nothing better than travelling to Europe and I dream of the day I could travel with my love to New Zealand... so... you will only have a valid status once you get your PR card... :-(
Very true it is very hard when you are out of status!you feel like you are in a cage!
Europe is my next destination as there is many good deals!
hope things will get better and hear some good news soon!
by the way we have almost the same timeline for the PR application!!

Good luck!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xanthe said:
My wives PR application went to Vegreville in June. At the same time we submitted a visitors visa extension as hers expired in August. We just received her visitor extension for 2 years, good till november 2013. My question is this... Is my wife allowed to travel to her country of origin for a visit with family or should she simply stay in Canada till PR is completed. I guess I'm asking if the renewed visitors visa is just her legal status her or does having it allow here to re-enter Canada. The visitors record does say "does not guarantee re-entry". Thanks for any answers you provide...

Xanthe
In my opinion she is allowed to travel outside Canada because she has a valid visitor visa, just make sure you have multiple-entry visa!
am not 100% sure but just wait for the other answers, hope this will help!
Good luck

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hey canadiancitizen and angtao!

I have one question. So, if I sent my a OWP together with my application, I don´t have to worry about staying in Canada for more than 6 months? What if I have, by any chance, to show my passport to someone and they see that I´m over the 6 months? Just by telling them that I´m waiting for my Immigration Proccess is enough? Do they have an answer for that?

Thanks!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
berber, having the visitor extension does not allow you to come and go outside of Canada. It does NOT guarantee re-entry back in to Canada. If you travel then you are taking a risk of being let back in. Now, I am not sure how it works for people that need a Visa to come to Canada. My husband is from a Visa exempt country and the visitor extension clearly states that it does not guarantee re-entry. Can someone clarify this? I am not sure how it works for people that need a Visa to come to Canada. I would assume it works the same.

Weerth, who would you show your passport too? I am not understanding your question. If you sent in an OWP with your PR application then you do not need to apply for the visitor extension. Also, if you visitor extension is coming up soon to expire and you did not apply for an open work permit then you can send in the work permit after you sent in your PR app and you do not need to re-apply for visitor extension.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Guys, I am noticing that people from 2010 are not getting approved for both stages at the same time. A while back people were getting both stages approved at the same time. My husband has to get approved for both stages at the same time if we want to go to Europe next summer.

There better be a good jump tomorrow. Come on 2011 peeps. The most I have ever seen is a 12 day jump which was a long time ago.

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
zoesmom who applied in June 2011, received OWP today. Let's welcome zoesmom when she comes into our room! :D

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
hi guys just to let everybody know how things are going for us.I got a letter from cic to apply undertaking and my husband to apply for csq.Doing it as soon as possible.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since I last wrote in the forum, but I have to be honest once I saw the fact that someone that applied in July got their AIP, it really ticked me off and put me off comingback. January it will be a year I've been waiting for these papers. They started the process on January 15th.

The thing that ticks me off is that I've done my college, university and lived most of my adult life in Canada. I speak 4 languages, I have a masters from Concordia and yet this doesn't give me a leg up on my application.

This process is humiliating, honestly it's shameful that we have to wait like dogs for someone to throw us a bone. My lawyer has been telling me that the files go in a room for 9- 10 months and then the officer makes a decision in an hour of reading the file.

I'm lost for words

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
MrMass said:
Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since I last wrote in the forum, but I have to be honest once I saw the fact that someone that applied in July got their AIP, it really ticked me off and put me off comingback. January it will be a year I've been waiting for these papers. They started the process on January 15th.

The thing that ticks me off is that I've done my college, university and lived most of my adult life in Canada. I speak 4 languages, I have a masters from Concordia and yet this doesn't give me a leg up on my application.

This process is humiliating, honestly it's shameful that we have to wait like dogs for someone to throw us a bone. My lawyer has been telling me that the files go in a room for 9- 10 months and then the officer makes a decision in an hour of reading the file.

I'm lost for words
MrMass, I do feel for you. Myself have done two Bachelor degrees, a Master degree and a PhD degree in Canada. I speak four languages as well. In addition, I have a few months of working experience in Canada. But, I do have to wait like everyone else. I think the long waiting period is just another way to make us to stay with our partners long enough to prove that our relationships are genuine as the law is changing to have couples to live together for more than two years.

Everything happen for a reason! I don't really know the truth but since we are applying through spouse/common law sponsorship, not skilled workers, we shouldn't treat our education background as a key to attain the PR at a lightning speed. Indeed, our education and other qualifications will be a bonus to us, same for other applicants. I hope this message makes you feel that you're not alone.

They're not treating us like a dog if you don't think it in that way. You turn is coming! You should try to plan what you're going to do when you receive your AIP. Think positive! You're almost there.:)

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Quick question guys.

Say you have filed for your spouse and you get first stage approval (AIP), where they allow you to apply for a work/study permit.

What happens if at the time you get your AIP your spouse had overstayed his or her visa, beyond 90 days? Then what, are you still allowed to file for a work permit etc..do you have to leave the country first etc..? I'm just confused here.

Midcityjohn

Nov 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my OWP today. An excellent holiday gift. If I had sent it with my PR app, I would have already had it. Hind sight is 20/20.

MrMass

Nov 26, 2011
hey ilovecanada4ever, i wanted to thank you for your kind words and explanation. Your right, it's just when someone is telling you how to live your life it's kind of hard to accept.

I can also understand the fact of seeing if your truly a couple but I've been with my wife now 4 years and i'm not planning to go anywhere with out her. I think if anything it really puts a hold or real strain in your relationship as well. It's frustrating to have to stay home and have your wife go out, work hard, and your at home feeling like your on unemployment(not really because we have no befits for being in this situation).

Like you said tho it's close and I'm trying to stay positive, but the holidays aren't helping considering i can't go see my family in Italy, it makes it harder to deal with the delay in process time.

I want to congratulate you Midcityjohn, i think I'd probably flip out or pass out if i saw that in the mail. It's good to hear some positive news.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
weerth said:
Hey canadiancitizen and angtao!

I have one question. So, if I sent my a OWP together with my application, I don´t have to worry about staying in Canada for more than 6 months? What if I have, by any chance, to show my passport to someone and they see that I´m over the 6 months? Just by telling them that I´m waiting for my Immigration Proccess is enough? Do they have an answer for that?

Thanks!
Weerth... My answer will be the same as Angtao.... who other than Custom or Police could check the stamp on your passport? When my hubby open his bank account the Bank Officer open his passport to take the ID number only... and as the CIC phone Agent told my hubby... the moment you have an ID with CIC you will be ok... Police have access to the CIC system... ok

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
AAL1984 said:
Quick question guys.

Say you have filed for your spouse and you get first stage approval (AIP), where they allow you to apply for a work/study permit.

What happens if at the time you get your AIP your spouse had overstayed his or her visa, beyond 90 days? Then what, are you still allowed to file for a work permit etc..do you have to leave the country first etc..? I'm just confused here.
The moment your wife gets an ID with CIC she is ok legally.... and yes she can apply for OWP/study permit.. once your inland process starts you cannot leave the country... ok