+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

Scottish lass

Aug 16, 2011
thanks for the info re ECAS - that does help me feel better....I will also keep calling. The guy I spoke to today must have been particularly unhelpful as he told me he couldn't check re my medical.....

sigh, I will just keep waiting, but I do appreciate hearing others' have experienced the same.

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Hello!! Today I called CIC to ask about my medical results, the agent told me they have received it and also my CSQ, but she didn't give me the date. But at least i know they have them :) !!!!! About my polices certificates that I sent in September, they haven't received them yet, they are opening the documents received on July to add to the file of Sponsorship, so she told me that documents received on september must be opened in two months!!!!!

karma123

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011
Scottish lass said:
thanks for the info re ECAS - that does help me feel better....I will also keep calling. The guy I spoke to today must have been particularly unhelpful as he told me he couldn't check re my medical.....

sigh, I will just keep waiting, but I do appreciate hearing others' have experienced the same.
Hello Scottish, when did you send your medical exam?? Because I called today too, and the girl who answered me told me something similar... that they haven't received my medical results yet,,, so I got worried!!!... but after that, she took her time to look for it... and after almost 10 minutes of waiting she finally said me that they got it.. but she didn't give me a date.. but at least now I know they have it So maybe you should try with another agent... this is not the first time I have listened that some agents aren't very helpful so keep trying!! Good luck

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
This is the address for additional info, be careful at postal code since it's the only part different from the address you sent your PR application.
CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

I also found these notes around, hope it helps

Write with a big marker (so in big letters) on the back of the envelope: "PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP". Make sure on the cover letter you mention your name, your sponsor's name and both your client ID numbers. Then everything will be fine.

I did it this way and my information was added to my file (visibly on eCas) a week after reception. Normally it takes 2 months.
1. Send by registered mail
2. If you have an IO, put Attention: IO name
3. Put a note to link to your file, and your file number (assuming envelope is enclosed in a mailing envelope)
4. Enclose a letter indicating your file number, name, other important info, comment to link to your file
Hi angtao,

i sent additional info to vegreville (regarding also a purchase of property together) almost 4 months after having sent the original application

I put client id number
our names with date of births
a letter accompanying the additional info

and i sent all to a special address that is

CPC Vegreville(general correspondence)
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

be careful not to send it to the address where you sent the original application (it differs only for a number int he postal code) otherwise your letter will finish in a pile and opened god knows when....

my info was matched and attached to the original application in only 3 weeks time but other applicants have reported longer waits

Deutschbug

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-09-2012 AIP
Interview........
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2013 DM
LANDED..........
Hopefully Dec. 2013?
Angus said:
Welcome to the waiting game Deutschbug!

Is Nov 28 the date your app was received by CIC?
We sent it off on Monday, according to Canada Post it arrived yesterday, which would make it Dec 2nd. You can put me on the list if you like.

kuojason

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 7 2011
Doc's Request.
Sept 2012 (updated background & 2rd medical request)
AOR Received.
March 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2012 (second time)
Hi everyone I am back :D

Any news update on the excel spreadsheet?

irishred

Star Member
Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2011
I called CIC today.
Just wanted to see if there was any update or if they could give me a file number or client id for my husband who is sponsoring me.
We applied in June.
Reply........we have your file but it hasn't been looked at and therefore no file number. If you don't hear from us by June next year give us a call.
My advice to anyone........apply outside Canada.
The waiting goes on ..........

TheProfessorsWife

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 4, 2011
AOR Received.
August 15, 2012
Med's Done....
June 8,2011
Hello Gang!
I had a question about the additional info.
Do I need to update the CIC that I lost my old phone, or should I wait until I get a new number and send that to them? Also, do I need to inform them a relative has passed (since he sent a letter of reference used in app)?
Lastly, my visitor record is going to expire on the 31st, the CIC said I have "implied status" but the website also says not to let my status expire while I'm waiting to hear back. I tried calling border services after the CIC told me to call them and see if it will be a problem, but when I called Border Services they transferred me back to CIC?!

Am I going to have someone banging my door down on New Years Day trying to get me to leave the country :-X?

Thanks everyone!

greyghost

Sep 22, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2011
TheProfessorsWife said:
Hello Gang!
I had a question about the additional info.
Do I need to update the CIC that I lost my old phone, or should I wait until I get a new number and send that to them? Also, do I need to inform them a relative has passed (since he sent a letter of reference used in app)?
Lastly, my visitor record is going to expire on the 31st, the CIC said I have "implied status" but the website also says not to let my status expire while I'm waiting to hear back. I tried calling border services after the CIC told me to call them and see if it will be a problem, but when I called Border Services they transferred me back to CIC?!

Am I going to have someone banging my door down on New Years Day trying to get me to leave the country :-X?

Thanks everyone!
Good morning ProfessorsWife,

I can't speak to all of your questions but I can offer my advice on the visitor visa. Apply for an extension before the present one runs out. Its been my experrince that keeping a legal document is important. You shouldn't leave Canada...but if there is an emergency and you have to, a legal document with a date that is current rather than expired goes a LOONNGGGG way. The law requires you to keep current status but the law also allows a spouse to apply if they are out of status....so ppl get confused. Best to be safe and not sorry...its well worth the $75 I think.

Grey

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi professor,

I would probably wait until your file goes in to process before you call CIC to update your phone number.

As for the person that has passed and wrote the letter, "maybe call CIC and ask them what you should do. They may not even try to contact that person but just in case I would ask.

For you having to renew your status, I just have one question. Did you send in an OWP with your app? If you did then you do not need to extend your status. I called CIC on maybe 5 different occasions and they all confirmed that we did not need to extend. If you did not send in an OWP then you need to extend it. I cannot remember the reason why though. Maybe ask CIC that question as well.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
Hi professor,

I would probably wait until your file goes in to process before you call CIC to update your phone number.

As for the person that has passed and wrote the letter, "maybe call CIC and ask them what you should do. They may not even try to contact that person but just in case I would ask.

For you having to renew your status, I just have one question. Did you send in an OWP with your app? If you did then you do not need to extend your status. I called CIC on maybe 5 different occasions and they all confirmed that we did not need to extend. If you did not send in an OWP then you need to extend it. I cannot remember the reason why though. Maybe ask CIC that question as well.
Yes, the same for my husband, they told him not to worry because he had sent his OWP with his application...

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiancitizen said:
Yes, the same for my husband, they told him not to worry because he had sent his OWP with his application...
I agree! my wife called CIC and they told her the same thing as long as you sent your PR application with the OWP you do not have to worry about extending your visa!but in my opinion i would rather have a valid status so you can travel outside Canada with your wife!

Good luck

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Berber_amazigh said:
I agree! my wife called CIC and they told her the same thing as long as you sent your PR application with the OWP you do not have to worry about extending your visa!but in my opinion i would rather have a valid status so you can travel outside Canada with your wife!

Good luck
I do understand you, because we want to travel so badly also... however, the only way to travel other than to the USA, is by getting PR... we are stock in Canada... I love travelling to NYC or Virginia Beach but there is nothing better than travelling to Europe and I dream of the day I could travel with my love to New Zealand... so... you will only have a valid status once you get your PR card... :-(