Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Angus said:
When completing your application, for all those details, what did you write in the "To" date? Did you type in a date or did you just write "Present" in after it was printed?
I typed in a date - "July". I don't think I could type "present" on the electronic form. Did you type all dates up to present?

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada4ever said:
I typed in a date - "July". I don't think I could type "present" on the electronic form. Did you type all dates up to present?
I hand wrote in "PRESENT" and I haven't been asked to update my details. So was just wondering if this may be the reason.

Anyone else what to share there experience on that? Would be interesting...

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

I had the same experience i did right to Present i just put the month then after 3 months i received a letter from CIC to update the information and i sent it to CIC on july.my updates were about my school from 2004 to present and organizations that i am with and also to provide a current home address!!
i hope that helped cause many inlanders got the same letter fro cic

Cheeers,

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
Angus said:
I hand wrote in "PRESENT" and I haven't been asked to update my details. So was just wondering if this may be the reason.

Well, even if I can type "Present", it still mean "July" as I sent my forms in July. It makes more sense to think that CIC want to ensure my status doesn't change since I sent my forms.

Damn, I got an interview to work for CIC as an analyst today BUT I don't get to go because I don't have a work permit. C'mon! :eek:

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovecanada4ever said:
Damn, I got an interview to work for CIC as an analyst today BUT I don't get to go because I don't have a work permit. C'mon! :eek:
LOL how ironic!

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
I DONT THINK THE TOO DATE IS IMPORTANT OR IT CAN BE OVERLOOKED DEPENDING ON YOUR CASE. IF YOU APPLIED AS COMMON LAW IT MAY BE IMPORTANT BUT IF YOU ARE MARRIED I CAN BE OVERLOOKED. IN MINE IT WAS LEFT BLANK THE TO DATE. AND MY APP CHEKED OUT FINE.

APPL FILE MAY 2011
IN PROCESS JUN 2011
LETTER TO MICC OCT 2011
CSQ RECEIVED NOV 2011

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Berber_amazigh said:
hi

I had the same experience i did right to Present i just put the month then after 3 months i received a letter from CIC to update the information and i sent it to CIC on july.my updates were about my school from 2004 to present and organizations that i am with and also to provide a current home address!!
i hope that helped cause many inlanders got the same letter fro cic

Cheeers,
Mid July CIC asked my husband to update the information from May to present, we did but we couldnt understand them cause we sent the application mid May... but we did, and in October I got access to to ECAS as sponsor, so eventhough they are dealing with 2010 applications, they are also dealing with ours (inlanders 2011)...

kdmosco

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2012
hello Everyone, thanks for all the great comments, i just wanted to make sure im still on the right track? i sent my sponsorship application in feb 2011, on the website shows received feb 24, in process since march 24, and we've heard absolutely NOTHING from them... should i be worried? should i call? i recently sent in more information ans supporting documents, which on Canada post show received but nothing shows on cic website...please help!!!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Angus said:

I filled mine up to my last date before sending out the PR app. I didn't put PRESENT since everything was done electronically.
My case is too early to say anything since it's just about 1 month. Let's wait more.
Applicants from August 2011 had to fill new forms which requested all the background information.
Crossing fingers to not modify anything else to CIC :D.

ilovecanada4ever said:
Well, even if I can type "Present", it still mean "July" as I sent my forms in July. It makes more sense to think that CIC want to ensure my status doesn't change since I sent my forms.

CIC job, is it a government's job? I heard that you need citizenship to do government jobs. Did they ask you anything about that part?
Just my curiosity ;D.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
Angus said:
LOL how ironic!
how did you apply for that job I would love to work for th cic? Do you have a degree??

I am a citizen...

L

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
hatrang said:
I filled mine up to my last date before sending out the PR app. I didn't put PRESENT since everything was done electronically.
My case is too early to say anything since it's just about 1 month. Let's wait more.
Applicants from August 2011 had to fill new forms which requested all the background information.
Crossing fingers to not modify anything else to CIC :D.

CIC job, is it a government's job? I heard that you need citizenship to do government jobs. Did they ask you anything about that part?
Just my curiosity ;D.
hum... you read my thoughts, because 40% of my family works in Ottawa :) I would say with a 100% assurance, you need to be Canadian or need citizenship to work in any government job... is not obligatory but you will face other major preferenes, see this
While the Public Service Employment Act does not exclude non-Canadians from applying to positions in the federal public service, it clearly specifies that preference for appointment is to be given in the following order, among the qualified candidates in a selection process:
1.Canadian who is in receipt of a pension by reason of war service;
2.Canadian war veteran or a survivor (widow/widower) of a Canadian war veteran;
3.Canadian citizen; and
4.Other qualified individuals.
(Canada public servant job data base website)

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kdmosco said:
hello Everyone, thanks for all the great comments, i just wanted to make sure im still on the right track? i sent my sponsorship application in feb 2011, on the website shows received feb 24, in process since march 24, and we've heard absolutely NOTHING from them... should i be worried? should i call? i recently sent in more information ans supporting documents, which on Canada post show received but nothing shows on cic website...please help!!!
Hi ksmosco - thanks for your info - I'll add it to the sheet.

Don't be worried - not even the Jan people (and even some Dec 2010 ppl) have heard anything from CIC yet. Unless they request an update from you, you won't hear anything from CIC till around Januaryish.

CIC also take about 2 months to update eCas with anything. So if 2 months have pasted since you sent in the additional info, and it's still not there - then just call CIC and ask :D

Also check out the 2011 Inbound tracking sheet (link - in my signature), you and hakri have the same dates!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi guys,

For the people that sent there applications and have not heard anything from CIC, I would not be worried at all. It may actually be better to not hear from them as they are looking over your info and checking stuff out.

For the people that have received something from CIC to update there info. I am curious to know if you guys filled it out on the PR application. It was part of the forms and we filled them out before we sent our application. It is not a bad thing that they are asking for it but did u guys fill it out before you sent in your app?

qw123, can you give us exact dates so we can add you to the chart?

tinch,patrick,AAL,nazam and schi, I would call CIC and see if your file is in process. In fact. even the September peeps should call and see if it is in process. I remember last year some people from the 2010 thread could not open up there e-cas for like 6 months. Let us know if your files are in process.

kochanie, from reading the 2010 Inland thread, people on there say that you can volunteer. You are not getting paid so it should not be a problem.

ilovecanada, you applied for a CIC job? That is amazing. What does an analyst do? Do you have to know a lot about the immigration process to get the job?

wery

Aug 31, 2011
Hi ksmosco, i sent my application in February and I have not heard anything from CIC as well. I hope no news are good news :)

ilovecanada4ever

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-06-2011
hatrang said:
Just my curiosity ;D.
Yes, it's a government job. Basically, you need a work permit to work for the government. Preferences will be always be given to the Canadian/Permanent Resident. They didn't ask me if I have a work permit today BUT I told them because I don't want to waste their time. I know that they will check my background if I ever get into the next stage :-[

Canadagirl85 said:
how did you apply for that job I would love to work for th cic? Do you have a degree??
I applied a few government jobs through a professional job allocation agency before I graduate. They recently found my resume match the CIC job description well. Yes, I have two degrees. I guess the key is to get a degree that prepares you to work for the government, only if you don't have one. If you're currently in the program, try to do a few interships for the government. That would be a nice path to get a government job.

canadiancitizen said:
hum... you read my thoughts, because 40% of my family works in Ottawa :) I would say with a 100% assurance, you need to be Canadian or need citizenship to work in any government job... is not obligatory but you will face other major preferenes, see this
While the Public Service Employment Act does not exclude non-Canadians from applying to positions in the federal public service, it clearly specifies that preference for appointment is to be given in the following order, among the qualified candidates in a selection process:
1.Canadian who is in receipt of a pension by reason of war service;
2.Canadian war veteran or a survivor (widow/widower) of a Canadian war veteran;
3.Canadian citizen; and
4.Other qualified individuals.
(Canada public servant job data base website)
Yes, you're right about the preferences will always be given to Canadian citizens/Permanent Residents but sometimes they will hire international graduates with work permit if they can't find any Canadian with the similar skills that they are looking for. I have a couple of international friends from the same program are currently working for the government (not in Ottawa) with their PGWP. We agree that it is harder for us as a foreigner to get a public job in Ottawa because of the strict preference rule.

angtao said:
ilovecanada, you applied for a CIC job? That is amazing. What does an analyst do? Do you have to know a lot about the immigration process to get the job?
I don't know how many jobs I have to let go because of my current status. I can't even describe how I feel today :-\
After all these years of training and hard working... please stand by me.
Based on the job posting, it asks the analyst to do some advanced modelling for immigration, it has nothing to do with the process (successful models might be helpful on improving the process, who knows?) . I wish I could get the job and find out what's going on in there. Too bad. Wish me luck!