+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know average time it takes to decision made after medical has been received?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
When I called yesterday they insisted I have only stage 1 approval so I didn't ask about the waiting time for landing interview.
I got my OPW but thats it, no AIP letter :(
My Ecas is still the same under PR it says In Process and when I click it says A decision has been made and I will be contacted. It doesnt mention anything about sending a letter.
So, I'm thinking maybe I do only have stage 1.
From what I can tell I think the waiting time in Halifax is only 3 weeks
ya thats exactly what my E-cas said too, and when I called CIC they said "you just have stage one and the stage two might take even months" lol the very next day I got the letter confirming the stage 2 is completed! i'm guessing because of thanks giving weekend it might take more time but you should be getting a letter or Email confirming your stage 2 is completed. don't worry yourself because for some reason the agents just don't tell you "you are done" until you get the letter or email for yourself I don't know why. but sooner or later you will get it the mail or email don't worry.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
ya thats exactly what my E-cas said too, and when I called CIC they said "you just have stage one and the stage two might take even months" lol the very next day I got the letter confirming the stage 2 is completed! i'm guessing because of thanks giving weekend it might take more time but you should be getting a letter or Email confirming your stage 2 is completed. don't worry yourself because for some reason the agents just don't tell you "you are done" until you get the letter or email for yourself I don't know why. but sooner or later you will get it the mail or email don't worry.
Thanks Kitchener.
I'm a complete worry wart. I have waited so long , you would think I could wait a little longer......LoL
Was your Ecas saying In process too and when you clicked and opened it said DM?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
labhouise said:
Thanks Kitchener.
I'm a complete worry wart. I have waited so long , you would think I could wait a little longer......LoL
The waiting is terrible. If it says DM on e-cas, you're done, it's just a matter of waiting even more to get the letter from the local office to tell you when to show up and finish the landing process. But you really are through the worst of it. Soon you'll be keeping track of your time so you can work towards your citizenship.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
wolanila said:
DM means done medical?
Decision Made

It means "processing of your application has been completed" and it says that whether it is a positive or negative decision.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
computergeek said:
The waiting is terrible. If it says DM on e-cas, you're done, it's just a matter of waiting even more to get the letter from the local office to tell you when to show up and finish the landing process. But you really are through the worst of it. Soon you'll be keeping track of your time so you can work towards your citizenship.
I hope your right Computergeek :) :)
As I said the worry I have is the status says In Process but when I click on it, inside it says Decision Made
I will be patient.........well, I will try :) :)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
Thanks Kitchener.
yes it did "DM" just like yours at the beginning as soon as I clicked on it, it would change to "DM" it stopped later though on "DM" you should receive something soon relax ;)

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
yes it did "DM" just like yours at the beginning as soon as I clicked on it, it would change to "DM" it stopped later though on "DM" you should receive something soon relax ;)
Ok, Relax it is 8) 8)

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
computergeek said:
Hey computergeek

haha very true :)
a quick question though even though i'm not even close but I was wondering about the timing of citizenship, I've been in Canada for more than few years, but i'm guessing they count only half of that time or maximum of 2 years? because i've been here well over 8 years. but they would count only 2 years correct? which means 2 years after PR?

johanna125

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quick question about ohip:

After you landed as PR and once you get your confirmation of PR paper, if you apply for ohip right away, will ohip coverage be immediately on day 1? Or will ohip begin after 3 months from landing date?

Thanks.

Johanna

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johanna125 said:
Quick question about ohip:

After you landed as PR and once you get your confirmation of PR paper, if you apply for ohip right away, will ohip coverage be immediately on day 1? Or will ohip begin after 3 months from landing date?

Thanks.

Johanna
I thought its suppose to be day 1 and even if u don't apply day 1 if u go to a doctor u can get ur money back after u get health coverage if u keep ur receipt.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kitchener_inland said:
a quick question though even though i'm not even close but I was wondering about the timing of citizenship, I've been in Canada for more than few years, but i'm guessing they count only half of that time or maximum of 2 years? because i've been here well over 8 years. but they would count only 2 years correct? which means 2 years after PR?
You need 1095 days of physical presence. Under certain circumstances you may count time in Canada prior to PR for 50% credit.

Thus, you can have up to 365 days already earned the day you become a PR. Two years later, assuming no absences from Canada, you would then have 1095 days of physical presence, and would then be eligible for citizenship.

One thing I would suggest: read some citizenship threads. They talk about what information you should be collecting now in order to substantiate your physical presence in Canada when the time comes - and residency questionnaires are becoming increasingly frequent. I recall reading a thread from one person who had been in Canada 24 years without ever leaving after getting PR. He finally got around to filing for citizenship and received the dreaded RQ (I figure it was because they didn't know if he was in Canada at all, since that predates most computerized records and thus they probably didn't find any record of his entry.) He was incensed at them asking - but its your obligation to be able to substantiate your residency.

I do a lot of work related travel and have kept records for all my travel because when the time comes I want to have reliable records.

ConfusedOne

Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Doc's Request.
29-02-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
27-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
labhouise said:
I hope your right Computergeek :) :)
As I said the worry I have is the status says In Process but when I click on it, inside it says Decision Made
I will be patient.........well, I will try :) :)
HI Lab...

If ur e-cas shows in process under pr that means u only got aip, ours has been like that since Feb 29, when u click on it it says medical results bla bla and a decision has been made, that is because your sponsorship has been approved but they are working on the second stage.. second stage will be done once your e-cas shows DECISION MADE on the blue letters, and when you click on it it will say besides the a decision has been made and you will be contacted, We sent you a letter regarding your decision to XXXXXX < that means your done... until then it only means AIP

Hope it helps with your confusion...

ConfusedOne