Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:
Hi everyone,

Today finally got the 2 letters from CIC, one for sponsor, another one for me and said: It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for PR status as a member of the spouse...
We are pleased advise you that processing of ur application has been completed, The ...office will contact you concerning your PR status.

Can i use this to apply for OHIP, and if it is ok, should i bring pics to the place, which issue OHIP, or just go there with this letter and passport?
Anyone has this experience?
Thx!
Great News
Congrats :) :)
I still didn't receive any mail, only my OWP

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
nonoo said:
Now I am extremely worried as why didn't I receive any letter for myself. do you think I should call my lawyer??

Hi nonoo

as you know usually people get two letters for AIP one for the sponsor and one for the applicant. some people get emails instead of letters, make sure to check your email and your junk mail! because sometimes emails end up in junkmail, However the best and most reliable way to find out is to call CIC and ask them, because they can tell you exactly how many letter and in which date they have been sent to you! if you haven't received yours do to mail loss or something, they could probably resend another copy, sometimes they ask for additional requests within the aip letter so its important for you to contact them.
my aip had a request about a photocopy of my passport/travel document for example.
in any case if you find the proof of AIP whether is in the form of a letter or email, it should be sufficient to get ohip from Ontario service.

good luck, I hope you find the letter or email!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
sunshine2012 said:
Hi everyone,

Today finally got the 2 letters from CIC, one for sponsor, another one for me and said: It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirement to apply for PR status as a member of the spouse...
We are pleased advise you that processing of ur application has been completed, The ...office will contact you concerning your PR status.

Can i use this to apply for OHIP, and if it is ok, should i bring pics to the place, which issue OHIP, or just go there with this letter and passport?
Thx!
Hi sunshine

congratulations!!! :) you got both stages at ones. and yes you can apply for ohip with that letter!! go to service ontario and take your letter and identifications with you, you don't have to take any pictures they have a camera there, they will take your pictures.
but keep in mind it'll take 3 months to receive it starting from the date of your letter! but i'm pretty sure you will be a PR before 3 months anyway so if you are not in need of it I wouldn't even bother!

cheers!!

sunshine2012

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
labhouise said:
Great News
Hi Lab,

That is a little weird, Even just AIP letter at least u could have received.
Did u call CIC?

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
labhouise said:
Great News
hey Lap

I called cic today to see what is the waiting time period in our local office! they agent said its 4 weeks for them to send a letter regarding the interview date! ???
she said with in 4 weeks you should receive a letter from them for an interview date! she said 4 weeks for them to send you a letter and 2 weeks time until interview date from then on which means 6 weeks!. it has been already two weeks since the 2nd stage letter date. I really hope I can get a letter from local office in next few days. fingers crossed.
i'm curios do you know what the typical waiting time is in your local office?

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
sunshine2012 said:
Hi everyone,

Thx!
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! WOWOWWOWWOWOWWOWOWOOWOW!!!!! :) ;) :D ;D 8) :p

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
kitchener_inland said:
hey Lap

I called cic today to see what is the waiting time period in our local office! they agent said its 4 weeks for them to send a letter regarding the interview date! ???
she said with in 4 weeks you should receive a letter from them for an interview date! she said 4 weeks for them to send you a letter and 2 weeks time until interview date from then on which means 6 weeks!. it has been already two weeks since the 2nd stage letter date. I really hope I can get a letter from local office in next few days. fingers crossed.
i'm curios do you know what the typical waiting time is in your local office?
When I called yesterday they insisted I have only stage 1 approval so I didn't ask about the waiting time for landing interview.
I got my OPW but thats it, no AIP letter :(
My Ecas is still the same under PR it says In Process and when I click it says A decision has been made and I will be contacted. It doesnt mention anything about sending a letter.
So, I'm thinking maybe I do only have stage 1.
From what I can tell I think the waiting time in Halifax is only 3 weeks

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
sunshine2012 said:
Hi Lab,

That is a little weird, Even just AIP letter at least u could have received.
Did u call CIC?
I will call on friday if I don't get anything before then and see when the AIP letter was mailed :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it were me I would call right now but that's just me.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
wolanila said:
If it were me I would call right now but that's just me.
It's 9.20pm here :)

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh right..... ( clears throat) hemmm... Well first thing in the morning then. Lol

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
labhouise said:
I got my OWP but thats it, no AIP letter :(
You don't qualify for an open work permit until you have AIP, so getting your OWP should mean you have AIP - or someone at CIC screwed up in your favour, which seems very unlikely!

Congratulations!

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
wolanila said:
Oh right..... ( clears throat) hemmm... Well first thing in the morning then. Lol
LOL :) :)

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
computergeek said:
You don't qualify for an open work permit until you have AIP, so getting your OWP should mean you have AIP - or someone at CIC screwed up in your favour, which seems very unlikely!

Congratulations!
Thanks Computergeek.
I know I have the AIP, it's my Ecas status that is confusing me.
I don't understand how it says a decision has been made and you will be contacted. But yet when I called CIC they said NO, it's 1st stage only