Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
I have seen in multiple threads that biometrics have not been required for inland applicants because there is nowhere to give them (as of yet) in Canada.

My spouse and I applied inland in May (received by CIC June 03, 2019) and I was not expecting to give biometrics. This morning I received an email from IRCC with a letter stating that the requirement to provide biometrics does apply to me. Luckily I had already paid the biometric fee and was able to send in the receipt (through the IRCC webform so they likely won't acknowledge it and move to the next step for a few days). It specifically referred to my PR application and not nt OWP application.

Have any other inland applicants been asked to give biometrics so far?

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi, I'm June applicant. 1 week after AOR I received a letter requesting for biometrics fee to be paid. I called IRCC and the agent confirmed that I am not required to do so (as inland applicant). She told me she will send the notice to the processing office about this.
Anyways I'm thinking that I'll be sending a webform to explain that I won't have to pay for it.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jnicole45

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Interesting. I think I should give them a call now. I already paid and submitted a receipt (I paid a while back because I was confused as to whether or not I needed to and didnt want to hold anything up) but I know I can get a refund if biometrics arent taken, so no big deal :)

Thanks!

Filica13

Jul 17, 2019
My partner did his biometrics for PGWP in May 2019, so when we sent the application, we also joined the biometrics and they wrote in CIC the numbers of his biometrics and that he doesnt need to do them. They are valid for 10 years.