+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information: Get Indian PCC in One day(Canada Only)

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi All,

Thank you for starting this thread. I have few questions here:
1) I want to get my PCC done from India and I am wondering if my parents (in India) can get it on behalf of me? If yes, how long does it take?

2) If not, then what are the options to get a PCC done if I DO NOT live in Toronto or nearby Toronto.

3) I am going to submit my application (PNP Masters stream) in coming months (may be in July) and in September I am flying to India for a month or so; then do I have to get my PCC done again since I have read somewhere that your PCC should be issued after you left that country.

4) If I am planning to submit my application in July then when should I ask my parents to apply for my PCC?

Thanks in advance.
1) There's no good answer here - I doubt they can go to PSK on your behalf assuming you are living abroad. I do know people who were able to get PCC from local police station without appearing (because they knew staff there)

2) depending on where you live, you can either visit Consulate General of India website or in person and they have options of getting PCC via mail

3) Yes, your PCC should be after your last day of stay in the other country (if currently you are in Canada).

4) it is difficult to answer, just ensure that if you are in Canada you don't visit other countries (where you'd meet the greater 6 months total time spent criteria) till you submit documents post ITA.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
So, this was my process in India until I saw this post and canceled everything and got my PCC from CGI Toronto.

1: - I sent my DAD to nearest Police station, and they sent him to their head station.
2: - He filled some forms over there along with my passport, Passport Size photos, Voter Card(if any) and Birth Certificate.
3: - I didn't send my Grade 12 certificate because I was out of my state which was gonna put it to 3-4 more weeks. Keep your addresses to minimum numbers.
4: - He found an officer over there and with the help of Mahatma Gandhi, he agreed to personally handle it and issue it in 2-3 days.
5: - Office was closing soon, so, they asked him to come next day.
6: - Next day I saw this post and stopped him from applying.

So, my friend with the help of Mahatma Gandhi, you can do anything. I wouldn't suggest you the same but you can definitely try.

Hope this helps
Baapu coming in handy after all these years too ;)

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you everyone, for sharing this amazing information. My question is, if I am residing in Montreal, can I still avail of CGI Toronto's emergency PCC services? I am asking because as per this, Montreal doesn't fall in the jursidiction of CGI Toronto:
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/eoi.php?id=Officials

Could someone shed more light on this please...Thanks a ton in advance!

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you everyone, for sharing this amazing information. My question is, if I am residing in Montreal, can I still avail of CGI Toronto's emergency PCC services? I am asking because as per this, Montreal doesn't fall in the jursidiction of CGI Toronto:
http://www.cgitoronto.ca/eoi.php?id=Officials

Could someone shed more light on this please...Thanks a ton in advance!
My suggestion will be to call CGi Toronto and/or the Embassy in Ottawa and find out directly from them about your query.

Reactions: ilovecanada90

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My suggestion will be to call CGi Toronto and/or the Embassy in Ottawa and find out directly from them about your query.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I'll do exactly that. I was just wondering if anyone has already tried this, and if yes, what was the outcome.
But thanks a lot anyways!!

Iyerish

May 18, 2017
Got mine today from CGI!!!
Go ther at 9.30
With ur application form
Canadian current status doc original and copy
Passport photocopy and original
Canadian Driving license copy
Bank draft for 92$
Thats it!!!!!!

Reactions: bimale4bipeople

frz

Jun 3, 2018
Hello, do we have to take photo copies? And for one day police clearance at CGI can we submit the documents on behalf of other persons?

TanuP

Aug 12, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-02-2019
Got mine today from CGI!!!
Go ther at 9.30
With ur application form
Canadian current status doc original and copy
Passport photocopy and original
Canadian Driving license copy
Bank draft for 92$
Thats it!!!!!!
Did you go to the CGI in Vancouver?
Was it a one-day procedure for you?

Jagz4104

Jul 11, 2018
Hey guys,

Just few questions before i go to toronto to get our pcc

We live in Edmonton and need our pcc asap.

Can i get pcc on my wifes behalf if i have all the documents?

My passport was issued in Switzerland and i never stayed in india for more than 6 months since 2003.....do i still need it and if so....will it be done as my passport was not issued in india or canada.

Pls suggest....thx in advance

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hey guys,

Just few questions before i go to toronto to get our pcc

We live in Edmonton and need our pcc asap.

Can i get pcc on my wifes behalf if i have all the documents?

My passport was issued in Switzerland and i never stayed in india for more than 6 months since 2003.....do i still need it and if so....will it be done as my passport was not issued in india or canada.

Pls suggest....thx in advance
For applying for PCC the applicant needs to appear in person at the CGI as far as I know, however it depends as different people have had different experiences - I am not entirely sure on this one

Since 2003, have you cumulatively lived / traveled for more than 6 months in India? If so then you'd need one.

Jagz4104

Jul 11, 2018
For applying for PCC the applicant needs to appear in person at the CGI as far as I know, however it depends as different people have had different experiences - I am not entirely sure on this one

Since 2003, have you cumulatively lived / traveled for more than 6 months in India? If so then you'd need one.

My stay in india after 2003 was NEVER more than 6 months.....do they check last 10 years or even before that?

worklate

Aug 7, 2018
Little help here!
My study permit expired and I didn't receive PGWP yet.
My wife's work permit expired and she didn't apply for an extension because of my PGWP still processing.
are our expired immigration documents valid for PCC application at CGI Toronto?