+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information: Get Indian PCC in One day(Canada Only)

Kirchenbomb

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello

What happens if the applicant does not have an address proof in Canada as the person is a newcomer? No rental lease no licence no bills.. what can be accepted? Living in airbnb...

What can u use for address proof for India PCC?

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also need to apply for PCC and thinking of doing it from CGI but I've some questions about address.

The address that is mentioned on my passport is no longer accessible to me as we have sold that house a year ago. My parents are also in Canada now and there is nobody in India who can help with address verification in case police go there to check.

Similar for my wife. Address on her passport is also old and no one from her family is there to handle query. Her passport is also about to expire next month.

Did anyone have similar issue? I understand that we need to put India address on the form. Which address that should be? Permanent address in India? Any address in India?
Is there any delay/problem if this address is not same as the address on the passport? Does anyone have any experience where the address on the passport and the address on the form were different?

I'm really desperate for any help that I can get. I'll try to call CGI but not sure if that will be of much help.

Reactions: bonhomie08

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
The address that is mentioned on my passport is no longer accessible to me as we have sold that house a year ago.
I'm in the same boat; sold my apartment back in India to move here on a study permit. I don't have any address in India. Also, I am confused as to what address to write on the PCC form and reference forms?

bonhomie08

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 (L9 - R8.5 - S7.5 - W7)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Hi everyone, I would like to share my experience at CGI for police clearance certificate. So i went there on Tuesday. I reached quit early around 8. If you driving then there is parking available on the back side of the building (underground). Canada Post opens at 8 am, If u don't have a bank draft with you then to avoid line up get their early. Office is located at 7th floor. Door opens around 9:15 am. I was the first person for PCC so i didnt had to wait much. I took everything with me all the form, photos, 3-4 copies of everything. They just took my Application for Police clearance form and didn't ever look at the Police clearance reference form. Officer looked at my permit and my passport then he asked me to go to next window to submit bank draft. She asked me to put one pic on Apcc Form. In 30 mins i got my PCC.
But I recommend to take everything with you.
I took Application for police clearance form and 3 copies of it.
Police clearance reference form 3copies with 3 photos on it
original passport and 3 copies
immigration permit and copies of it
I am a little confused here. Does Canada Post issue bank draft or money order? Thanks!

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If i am on visitor visa in canada and i need PCC and i am not planning to go back for another 2-3months... can i apply for PCC from the embassy?? Or i will have to go back to india only for that??

Iknev

Feb 9, 2018
Went to Indian consolate for one day PCC.

Had all the documents properly and submitted to them. After 1 hour they called me back to the counter.

They said I have to apply through BLS and they can't issue police certificate as the place of issue for my passport is outside canada.

CamilleDoll

Feb 28, 2018
I went to India consulate yesterday for one day PCC. My passport was issued in India. Submitted one application form, copy of passport, copy of Canada Visa details, local address proof and bank draft of CAD 92. The accepted the application at 9:30 (Except the bank draft) and called me back after 2 hrs to submit the bank draft. The PCC was issued at 3 PM.

b.arvind87

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Anyone knows if someone living outside Toronto can apply for emergency PCC at CGI Toronto ?, i am in ottawa and called them..and apparently they dont do emergency PCC for Ottawa jurisdiction.

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I am planning to get emergency PCC done but I had my Indian passport re-issued in the US (at San Francisco). Can I still get the PCC in a day? What documents do I need (I saw the list here to be more than what the CGI website says)

CamilleDoll

Feb 28, 2018
I am planning to get emergency PCC done but I had my Indian passport re-issued in the US (at San Francisco). Can I still get the PCC in a day? What documents do I need (I saw the list here to be more than what the CGI website says)

Yes you can.
I dont think you need more documents than what is specified in the web site.

Reactions: shinyjoshua

Vitasta

Apr 8, 2018
First, I would like to thanks "AV" for the information and starting this thread. You really saved a lot of my time. Thanks

I went over there today to get PCC. It went smooth except the unnecessary wait due to their laziness and lack of enthusiasm for work. They have a break from 12 to 3 o clock. Make sure you go before 12 o clock considering waiting time, say around 9:30, make sure you have the bank draft(91 CAD), 3 photographs ready.
He will give you two forms, "PCRF--Police Clearance Reference Form" & "APCC--Application for Police Clearance Certificate" and he will ask you to make 3 copies, I made four copies for all of those forms including my work permit and passport just in case that bast*** don't send me back for more which he did*(for bank draft). But they only used three copies of "PCRF," one original copy of APCC, one copy of passport and one copy of work permit.
Just make sure you have your bank draft ready because they will not ask you during the first time, I think they want you to waste your time.
There is a CANADA POST Shop downstairs, they also do passport photos(CAD15 for 2).

Total cost:- 25(photos)+6(copies)+99(Draft+service fee)= CAD130+4 hours of time

F*** I hate that guy. Oh and make sure, you glue your 3 photos on 3 PCRFs, follow this series:- APCC>Passport>Workpermit>3 copies of PCRF, otherwise he will insult you in front of everyone by saying "is this how you present the documents to an officer?" blardy blardy blar, stupid part is you can't say anything because you need that god damn document. I don't know how i stopped myself but yeah other than that you get the damn certificate.
Thank you so much for that piece of advice,g_singh76.
Can you let me know if you had extended/renewed your Indian passport from within Canada before applying for PCC, or whether your passport was processed/dealt with in India alone, before applying for PCC?

Jan 10, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I just received my Police Clearance Certificate and it mentions that "...this certificate will not render me ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada"
Will this certificate work for Express Entry application for permanent residence?

CamilleDoll

Feb 28, 2018
Hello Everyone!
I just received my Police Clearance Certificate and it mentions that "...this certificate will not render me ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for Canada"
Will this certificate work for Express Entry application for permanent residence?
Yes. This is good enough

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi All,

Thank you for starting this thread. I have few questions here:
1) I want to get my PCC done from India and I am wondering if my parents (in India) can get it on behalf of me? If yes, how long does it take?

2) If not, then what are the options to get a PCC done if I DO NOT live in Toronto or nearby Toronto.

3) I am going to submit my application (PNP Masters stream) in coming months (may be in July) and in September I am flying to India for a month or so; then do I have to get my PCC done again since I have read somewhere that your PCC should be issued after you left that country.

4) If I am planning to submit my application in July then when should I ask my parents to apply for my PCC?

Thanks in advance.