+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Infant Sponsorship

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
There is often a waiting period before it is updated online. Give it a few days.
Hey Guys.
Was hoping to get your urgent support and advise.

i know its too soon yet to have any response on the application made but shall I also make a new application via the new portal (I wasn’t aware such a new portal even existed)?

I am not sure seeing soo many rejections that my application would go through. Or else I wont wait and make a move myself and then sponsor my child from over there as dependent.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Guys.
Was hoping to get your urgent support and advise.

i know its too soon yet to have any response on the application made but shall I also make a new application via the new portal (I wasn’t aware such a new portal even existed)?

I am not sure seeing soo many rejections that my application would go through. Or else I wont wait and make a move myself and then sponsor my child from over there as dependent.
1.How did you apply?

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@canuck78 @armoured @steaky

Hey guys. Hope you all are fine. Just thought I'd check with the "Pro's" :) for any advice. Do you guys suggest I submit a new application for my daughter? or just wait?

Applied for TRV on 5th July from Bahrain, hence guessing VO is Abu Dhabi. (In eligibility review since 6th July)

Any and all advice, insight will be helpful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 @armoured @steaky

Hey guys. Hope you all are fine. Just thought I'd check with the "Pro's" :) for any advice. Do you guys suggest I submit a new application for my daughter? or just wait?

Applied for TRV on 5th July from Bahrain, hence guessing VO is Abu Dhabi. (In eligibility review since 6th July)

Any and all advice, insight will be helpful.
You should wait. It is within normal processing time. There is very few reasons to withdraw a TRV application and reapply. All you would be doing is starting from the back of the queue again.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@canuck78
Thanks for your quick response as always and totally agree with you.

But how long to wait? Have come across various posts of people waiting since last year which is unbelievable! Hence, the concern to try other methods.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78
Thanks for your quick response as always and totally agree with you.

But how long to wait? Have come across various posts of people waiting since last year which is unbelievable! Hence, the concern to try other methods.
A year is likely for sponsorship not TRV although TRV for info ants of PRs aren’t guaranteed. If denied you can try for a TRP. If that is denied one parent needs to move to Canada and sponsor the child. TRV should be multiple months. After 4 months I would follow-up. If one parent has returned to Canada they should start the sponsorship process because that does take around a year

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
A year is likely for sponsorship not TRV although TRV for info ants of PRs aren’t guaranteed. If denied you can try for a TRP. If that is denied one parent needs to move to Canada and sponsor the child. TRV should be multiple months. After 4 months I would follow-up. If one parent has returned to Canada they should start the sponsorship process because that does take around a year
@canuck78 thanks for your reply. Lastly, could you please elaborate on the below:
- what do you mean by TRP? I thought trv was the only option to apply incase both parents are out of canada? Is it similar to trv application process, document requirements, etc.
- “TRV should be multiple months” what do you mean by this?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canuck78 thanks for your reply. Lastly, could you please elaborate on the below:
- what do you mean by TRP? I thought trv was the only option to apply incase both parents are out of canada? Is it similar to trv application process, document requirements, etc.
- “TRV should be multiple months” what do you mean by this?
TRP = Temporary resident permit

It's for a person who is inadmissible to enter Canada such as people who failed to be approved for a TRV. It's the same process as TRV.