11-03-215
Passport Req..
Soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
Hi everyone

I have searched through various threads on the related topic but couldn't find the required information so creating a new thread; hoping that the experienced and expert members can give advice:

Background: I, my husband and our elder child has a PR which was granted in Nov. 2015. We did a soft landing at that time and went back to Dubai. We were blessed with our second child in Jan 2018. We have not migrated to Canada permanently (landed 3 weeks back) and our younger one has come with us on a TRV which was granted for 6 months.

We are now preparing her application for PR but we are not clear on a few things which I am listing below. Hope you guys can help:

1. Which forms are to be filled by her father (my husband) and which forms to be filled by her. I am assuming that she is the applicant but since we have the PR, my husband will sponsor her under the family class sponsorship?
2. Form IMM0008 asks about current country of residence. She is currently in Canada on Visitor Visa, should I mention here Canada. We cannot mention India as she has never lived there. She was born in UAE and visited India just twice for a few days every time. Though her passport is that of India.
3. How much fee do we have to pay. My understanding is that since she is an infant, we have to pay $75.
4. Do we need to get medicals done before submitting the application? If yes, where can I find the list of approved medical practitioners for the same?
5. Will I send the application to Mississauga office or any other office
6. Will it considered an inland application or outland application.
7. If outland, will it go to NDVO or Abu Dhabi visa office since she was born in UAE and has lived there only before coming to Canada.
8. After landing in Canada, we stayed in a hotel for 15 days. In the previous residences form, do I need to mention about those 15 days as well or can I straight away mention about our current permanent address in Canada.

Thank you so much in advance!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1.) Follow the checklist.....submit the forms and supporting documents as required in the Dependent Child Sponsorship checklist.

Dependent Child Sponsorship checklist

refer.......Sponsoring your dependent child......Get your checklist, forms and instructions......Who are you sponsoring.....choose My dependent child only

2.) Do not provide India.....your child is currently in Canada on TRV........but if your child were to later return to UAE while the application is still been processed, you may have to update IRCC.

Consider this...will your child be in Canada throughout the period the application is processed or the plan is to move back to UAE after a few months..
Question 10
Current country of residence
From the list, select the appropriate information to indicate:
  • The name of your current country of residence. Your country of residence is the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country.
3.) refer......Sponsor a dependent child
Sponsorship fee ($75) and processing fee ($75) = 150(per child)

4.) Upfront medical exam is currently not allowed.......IRCC will send request for medical exam later in the process.......refer checklist.

5.) refer......Family class...
Send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario if you’re sponsoring:
  • a spouse, partner or dependent child who currently lives in Canada
  • your parents and grandparents
6.) Consider this...will your child be in Canada throughout the period the application is processed or the plan is to move back to UAE after a few months........Application submitted and processed while the principal applicant reside in Canada in Inland.........when the principal applicant reside abroad is outland.

7.) if Outland.....the application likely will be transferred to UAE..

Visa office in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

.8.) mention you current address.

meeta.s09

Mar 22, 2019
Hi everyone

I have searched through various threads on the related topic but couldn't find the required information so creating a new thread; hoping that the experienced and expert members can give advice:

Background: I, my husband and our elder child has a PR which was granted in Nov. 2015. We did a soft landing at that time and went back to Dubai. We were blessed with our second child in Jan 2018. We have not migrated to Canada permanently (landed 3 weeks back) and our younger one has come with us on a TRV which was granted for 6 months.

We are now preparing her application for PR but we are not clear on a few things which I am listing below. Hope you guys can help:

1. Which forms are to be filled by her father (my husband) and which forms to be filled by her. I am assuming that she is the applicant but since we have the PR, my husband will sponsor her under the family class sponsorship?
2. Form IMM0008 asks about current country of residence. She is currently in Canada on Visitor Visa, should I mention here Canada. We cannot mention India as she has never lived there. She was born in UAE and visited India just twice for a few days every time. Though her passport is that of India.
3. How much fee do we have to pay. My understanding is that since she is an infant, we have to pay $75.
4. Do we need to get medicals done before submitting the application? If yes, where can I find the list of approved medical practitioners for the same?
5. Will I send the application to Mississauga office or any other office
6. Will it considered an inland application or outland application.
7. If outland, will it go to NDVO or Abu Dhabi visa office since she was born in UAE and has lived there only before coming to Canada.
8. After landing in Canada, we stayed in a hotel for 15 days. In the previous residences form, do I need to mention about those 15 days as well or can I straight away mention about our current permanent address in Canada.

Thank you so much in advance!
Hello, can you please guide me with TRV process ?
We are in similar boat.
We soft landed in year 2020 and our baby was born in Dubai post landing.
Hence we need to apply for her TRV to take her with us.
--> I saw cases where TRV for baby was rejected on basis of the fact that baby is not going to leave Canada after the allowed stay as they do not have strong ties to the place they are coming from which is absolutely true in our cases. We cannot prove strong family ties to UAE as it is just the three of us here.
--> Did you upload any kind of invitation letter or LOE and if yes both parents being outside Canada right now how can possibly furnish an invitation letter ?

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Hello, can you please guide me with TRV process ?
We are in similar boat.
We soft landed in year 2020 and our baby was born in Dubai post landing.
Hence we need to apply for her TRV to take her with us.
--> I saw cases where TRV for baby was rejected on basis of the fact that baby is not going to leave Canada after the allowed stay as they do not have strong ties to the place they are coming from which is absolutely true in our cases. We cannot prove strong family ties to UAE as it is just the three of us here.
--> Did you upload any kind of invitation letter or LOE and if yes both parents being outside Canada right now how can possibly furnish an invitation letter ?
Hi Meeta,

I came across this thread and I thought I reach out. I did my landing in 2020 along with my wife and we were recently blessed with a child and wish to move to Canaada now. Both of us are PR holders and out of Canada, so the only option is TRV 6 months visa right??

Could you please support/advise what worked for you and if you can guide.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Meeta,

I came across this thread and I thought I reach out. I did my landing in 2020 along with my wife and we were recently blessed with a child and wish to move to Canaada now. Both of us are PR holders and out of Canada, so the only option is TRV 6 months visa right??

Could you please support/advise what worked for you and if you can guide.
You have three options:

1) TRV
2) TRP
3) One parent return to Canada and mail the sponsorship application.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
You have three options:

1) TRV
2) TRP
3) One parent return to Canada and mail the sponsorship application.
Thank you steaky for your kind reply. Can you please advise in the TRV option how do i make my case stronger and what to mention in the letter of invitation. Shall we just mention coming for short visit along with my daughter?

also what is the TRP option you suggested.
Thanks for your kind reply and support in advance.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Thank you steaky for your kind reply. Can you please advise in the TRV option how do i make my case stronger and what to mention in the letter of invitation. Shall we just mention coming for short visit along with my daughter?

@steaky.. isn’t it obvious when they know both parents are PR holders and don’t intend to return back. Anything I can mention to avoid mis interpretation and rejection? Please help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Temporary resident permit = TRP. Unless, you have someone who can sent your daughter an invitation, TRV might not be an option. You might have to go for TRP or the third option.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Thank you Steaky.
Do you mind sharing more details on TRP? How can I apply, process as it shows only inadmissible people can apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@steaky.. isn’t it obvious when they know both parents are PR holders and don’t intend to return back. Anything I can mention to avoid mis interpretation and rejection? Please help.
Would start with a TRV. Do not lie just explain that you are wanting to return to Canada permanently and plan on sponsoring your child as soon as you arrive in Canada. Would indicate or prove that you have taken out a emergency travel medicine policy for your child, if you have employment lined up would include proof of this this (if not this isn’t a big deal). Would provide proof that you have the savings to provide for your child while you wait for her sponsorship application and until you find employment in Canada. Do not book any flights for your child and at least one parent until you have the TRV.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@steaky .. Noted. As suggested, will just stick out to the facts then.

Thank you for your kind support and advise! Really appreciate this.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@steaky one last thing. Worst come worst, even if it gets rejected, would it be an issue at a later on stage for my next try which would be for myself to first move and then do the sponsorship route. Would it have an impact on that or any other future applications?

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
No impact on sponsorship.
@steaky @armoured @canuck78

Thank you all for your support and advise. I have successfully submitted the application 2 days ago. Also, received some update last night "application status has been changed/updated" but when i go to the portal and check nothing is updated/changes (atleast what it appears to be).

I declared my plans and everything transparently in the invitation letter itself. Let's see now :)

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@steaky @armoured @canuck78

Thank you all for your support and advise. I have successfully submitted the application 2 days ago. Also, received some update last night "application status has been changed/updated" but when i go to the portal and check nothing is updated/changes (atleast what it appears to be).

I declared my plans and everything transparently in the invitation letter itself. Let's see now :)
There is often a waiting period before it is updated online. Give it a few days.

Reactions: Ysiraj32