+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Infant Sponsorship

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@canuck78 @armoured @steaky

I had secured a job offer in May (5th May) from BMO bank with "Expected Start Date" in June. (I had received an official Offer Letter with all details). However, my daughter was born in end of May and I couldn't make it on time as I had to sort out administrative formalities for my child and hence the offer had to be retracted but I am still in touch with them to consider me hopefully once I am there soon and reconsider my past application.

I was thinking, I would raise a Web Form and attach the same and send it across to them as you had done. But the thing is that they have mentioned an "Expected Start Date" which has been passed. Do you think if I share this with IRCC and tell them that I am still under discussion with them, it would still hold valid? I just thought since I already had an official letter from an employer I would use it to show that I am making the required efforts and my ultimate plan is to come there. But same time I don't want to mislead them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 @armoured @steaky

I had secured a job offer in May (5th May) from BMO bank with "Expected Start Date" in June. (I had received an official Offer Letter with all details). However, my daughter was born in end of May and I couldn't make it on time as I had to sort out administrative formalities for my child and hence the offer had to be retracted but I am still in touch with them to consider me hopefully once I am there soon and reconsider my past application.

I was thinking, I would raise a Web Form and attach the same and send it across to them as you had done. But the thing is that they have mentioned an "Expected Start Date" which has been passed. Do you think if I share this with IRCC and tell them that I am still under discussion with them, it would still hold valid? I just thought since I already had an official letter from an employer I would use it to show that I am making the required efforts and my ultimate plan is to come there. But same time I don't want to mislead them.
Given that the job offer has been retracted sending proof of a job would be considered misrepresentation and could lead to a ban. It will not help to send an old job offer while indicating that you are still communicating with BMO. Unless you have a concrete job offer there is no point including any type of letter. Unfortunately when you decided to have your child outside Canada that came with drawbacks like having to get your child a TRV to try to enter Canada and having to sponsor the child which takes round a year. Depending on what province you move to your child may not qualify for provincial healthcare until they are a PR. All you can do is wait until you hear about the TRV unless one parent is willing to relocate to Canada separately and start the sponsorship process.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Given that the job offer has been retracted sending proof of a job would be considered misrepresentation and could lead to a ban. It will not help to send an old job offer while indicating that you are still communicating with BMO. Unless you have a concrete job offer there is no point including any type of letter. Unfortunately when you decided to have your child outside Canada that came with drawbacks like having to get your child a TRV to try to enter Canada and having to sponsor the child which takes round a year. Depending on what province you move to your child may not qualify for provincial healthcare until they are a PR. All you can do is wait until you hear about the TRV unless one parent is willing to relocate to Canada separately and start the sponsorship process.
@canuck78 . Thanks for the response and well noted.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
@canuck78 @steaky @armoured

Hey guys,

Finally through your support, guidance and patience I have reached the end of the application journey which we started in July (hopefully :)). 3 days ago I received the request for medical and today received the instructions to make the payment for TRP. FYI, they assigned a new application number now as well and the old number is no longer mentioned in any of the communication.

However, as per the instructions, I need to upload the receipt of payment in my "CIC account" however, i made this application through the IRCC GC Key portal and the upload option over there is not appearing anywhere at all. I never filed any application through CIC account.

I tried to reach IRCC's contact center but as usual call drops and no luck.Any and all advise would be really helpful.