+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indonesian Police Certificate

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Greetings,
Just got the e-mail below from Immigration, and I'm a little confused. We submitted the original police certificate in the application and I am just wondering if this is just a form letter they send out to everyone (as it mentions if you have already submitted one, you don't need to submit a new one), or is there an issue. The details in their e-mails are so.....hmmmmm.....vague! We submitted the application in June and received the AOR on July 23/2015 that it was received June 17. The police certificate is dated May 6/2015. They started working on her application august 27th/2015. Is it possible that the certificate has expired since the application was sent? Any insight would be appreciated.

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

þ Original Good Conduct Certificate (or Certificate of No Criminal Record) from the police authorities of CANADA (RCMP) where you, your spouse/common-law partner, and each of your dependent children who is 18 years of age and older, have resided for a period of six months or more since turning 18.

There may be more than one type of police certificate available in each country. To find out which one you need and how to apply for it, visit the CIC Web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

If you do not provide the correct type of police certificate, the processing of your application will be delayed. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of issue. If you have already submitted a police certificate which is still valid, you do not need to submit a new one.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Having read through the e-mail about 247 time, I have a better understanding, but I am still a little confused. Having been approved as a sponsor, do I need to submit a criminal record check as well at this point? We are having one done in Canada for her (she's been in country several times and has been here for 5 months this trip on a TRV).