Indirect route from India

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are many options for Students. Mind you, from September 7, Canada is open for Non essential travelers so the crowd influx will be high. Election on September 20th might or may not affect but it would make sense to arrive before that if your requirement is urgent.

Tirana, Albania - There are 3 Covid Test Centers just outside Airport (walkable). Results are out in just one hour. There are direct charter flights to Albania from Amritsar and few other locations, you need to contact Agents to get a package.
Belgrade, Serbia - Quarantine removed for Indians.
Male, Maldives - Less number of Flights to Canada.
Abu dhabi - RT-PCR Test available at Transit (6 hours layover)
Muscat, Oman - RT-PCR Test available at Transit. There is a transit hotel which you can book ahead. This route is mostly operated by Agents so you need to check for the Flight availability.
Zurich - RT-PCR Test available at Transit. This being a Schengen country, more research is required.
Mexico - Covid numbers are high but you could do your research and travel.

There are many other locations but would require Visa.
Does anyone has any further updates? Is RT-PCR test being conducted in Turkey, Dubai, Paris, Munich, Frankfurt or any other airport apart from those mentioned above?

I am planning for August end next year, so many rules will probably change by that time. However, direct flights are already quite expensive so planning based on what we know so far.

Last edited:

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Hello guys, I want to travel back to Canada as well next month. But the flight tickets are too costly. Even Etihad is not affordable. Any other route which is affordable?
If you gave US visa, try to go to US and then do something from US

rx_tech

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Hi, I will be returning to Toronto from India via Doha by Qatar Airways in December. I understand there is no testing facilities in Doha airport, so will Qatar Airways allow me to board the flight for Toronto from Doha with the PCR test done in India? Does anyone has any experience traveling by the same route with Qatar Airways?
I have the return ticket for the same route (it is AMD to DOHA to Montreal to Toronto). As per current rules, we are not allowed to board. I am hoping it will change before that and if not, I have booked a back up ticket from AMD to Abu Dhabi to New York and then my cousin will drive us to Canada or I will rent a car. We are traveling a family of 6. We are Canadian Citizens and my parents traveling with us are on PR. Hope it is helpful! My both tickets are fully refundable!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone has any further updates? Is RT-PCR test being conducted in Turkey, Dubai, Paris, Munich, Frankfurt or any other airport apart from those mentioned above?

I am planning for August end next year, so many rules will probably change by that time. However, direct flights are already quite expensive so planning based on what we know so far.
Anyone has info / suggestion / concern for Dubai & Turkey? Else, I am planning to book via Dubai (with stay of 3 days in Dubai for Covid test). Any view friends?

TIA

harshad13

May 9, 2016
Hello friends,

I am planning to book flights for my parents from ahmedabad to calgary.

I had a question, for the indirect route , do we need to take the rtpcr test from the "LAST" country of our departure before arrival to canada?
Or we can take it from any third country and travel to Canada?

Basically I am planning to book flight from ahmedabad to dubai.
Then Stay in dubai for 48 hours - to get rtpcr test done

Now the flight from dubai to Canada has a layover in Amsterdam.

Flight is:-
dubai to Amsterdam
(3 hours layover in Amsterdam )
Amsterdam to calgary

My question is : "do I need to get a seperate rtpcr test done in Amsterdam too? "
or just the rtpcr test done in dubai will be valid..??

All the help appreciated friends.

Reactions: hinavin

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I am planning to book flights for my parents from ahmedabad to calgary.

I had a question, for the indirect route , do we need to take the rtpcr test from the "LAST" country of our departure before arrival to canada?
Or we can take it from any third country and travel to Canada?

Basically I am planning to book flight from ahmedabad to dubai.
Then Stay in dubai for 48 hours - to get rtpcr test done

Now the flight from dubai to Canada has a layover in Amsterdam.

Flight is:-
dubai to Amsterdam
(3 hours layover in Amsterdam )
Amsterdam to calgary

My question is : "do I need to get a seperate rtpcr test done in Amsterdam too? "
or just the rtpcr test done in dubai will be valid..??

All the help appreciated friends.
Test in Dubai should be sufficient.

BTW, how difficult is it to get 2/4 day visa for Dubai? & what are charges for that?

vivekvargh

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I had a same issue...I am going from kochi to Muscat and then from Muscat to Frankfurt and finally to toronto.i have only a 2 hour layover in frankfurt with another air canada flight .i am taking and Rtpcr from muscat.do I have to again take Rtpcr from Frankfurt

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I had a same issue...I am going from kochi to Muscat and then from Muscat to Frankfurt and finally to toronto.i have only a 2 hour layover in frankfurt with another air canada flight .i am taking and Rtpcr from muscat.do I have to again take Rtpcr from Frankfurt
For indirect flights, RT-PCR should be taken in any country besides India. In your case, since you have taken RT-PCR test in Muscat, you should be good to go,

source: https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india

artvandelay12

Nov 25, 2021
Hey guys,

If you gave US visa, try to go to US and then do something from US
Can we go to the US if we have B1/B2 visa and then do a PCR test in US and travel to Canada? Do we need a return ticket to India to be allowed to board? I think this might be best route if you have US visa. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Vkamal

Jul 29, 2021
I am travelling to canada on feb 22,2022. I have 6 hour layover at frankfurt airport. Do i have to get tested there. And if yes how do i get my results

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am travelling to canada on feb 22,2022. I have 6 hour layover at frankfurt airport. Do i have to get tested there. And if yes how do i get my results
I don't have confirmed information, but check 2 things:

- whether you will be allowed to transit through Frankfurt? As per my understanding it will not fall under bubble agreement.

- whether COVID testing facility is available for transit passengers. I think (not sure) it is not available in Frankfurt.

rblc

Mar 14, 2018
In case your travel is with luftansa, here is what their website currently states :
(Scroll down to the bottom of the page , expand the section "Flights from India" and then scroll down further to points 11a and 11b.)
https://www.lufthansa.com/in/en/flight-information

Of course , this information is current and may or may not be relevant for travel in Feb , but I suppose worth it to keep an eye on.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Yup I was talking about the return flight from India to Canada via UAE (Abu Dhabi) through Etihad airways.

Passengers can use testing services available at Abu Dhabi airport to get RT PCR test. The condition is your transit should be a minimum of 4 hours at the airport. The staff at the airport will ensure that your results arrive in time to catch your connecting flight.

You will have to prepay for the test in India at the check in counter ($50 USD).
What if the flights are on separate ticket.. I mean flight from Delhi to Abu Dhabi on one ticket and from Abu Dhabi to Toronto in second ticket...
Then also transit has to be minimum 4hours??
Does the staff still help in this case?