+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Has anyone experienced or been aware of India to Vancouver via Maldives immigration agent questions? I heard someone was deported from the Maldives as he didn't have a return ticket to India and wants to depart to Canada. Please advise. Thanks.

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Has anyone experienced or been aware of India to Vancouver via Maldives immigration agent questions? I heard someone was deported from the Maldives as he didn't have a return ticket to India and wants to depart to Canada. Please advise. Thanks.
You would need a return ticket to enter Maldives, it is a requirement to show Maldives immigration officer. You can always cancel it after you enter Maldives, ongoing journey ticket to Canada will not help in Maldives. If you search in YouTube, you will find tons of Student videos who flew via Maldives.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Just sharing my experience with everyone,
Travelled via Egypt - my experience at Cairo airport was absolutely terrible , took me 6 hours to exit the airport
Everything else was fairly smooth, it’s not exactly organised , if you wish to travel plan a longer layover lest you encounter some unexpected issue with the test et cetera
Overall verdict , avoid if you can

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone know US visa rules? I don't think we can enter US if we have US tourist visa. But can we transit US if we have US tourist visa?
No, you can't.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Just sharing my experience with everyone,
Travelled via Egypt - my experience at Cairo airport was absolutely terrible , took me 6 hours to exit the airport
Everything else was fairly smooth, it’s not exactly organised , if you wish to travel plan a longer layover lest you encounter some unexpected issue with the test et cetera
Overall verdict , avoid if you can
How much were the tickets? Also, what was your experience with RTPCR at Egypt? And do we need visa for Egypt?

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
How much were the tickets? Also, what was your experience with RTPCR at Egypt? And do we need visa for Egypt?
Cost me 160,000 for the tickets
RT-PCR was done at the hotel , the lab folks came to my room to collect the sample
And yes, a visa is normally required for Egypt , takes about 2-3 days
However, if you’re travelling in a group and a local travel Agency has agreed to sponsor you , you can get a visa on arrival against a guarantee letter.. however, it’s not the best option as the airport experience isn’t good as it is , so I would recommend getting a pre-approved visa .. will make things smoother

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Cost me 160,000 for the tickets
RT-PCR was done at the hotel , the lab folks came to my room to collect the sample
And yes, a visa is normally required for Egypt , takes about 2-3 days
However, if you’re travelling in a group and a local travel Agency has agreed to sponsor you , you can get a visa on arrival against a guarantee letter.. however, it’s not the best option as the airport experience isn’t good as it is , so I would recommend getting a pre-approved visa .. will make things smoother
Thanks for your reply. Can we get e-visa for Egypt or do we have to submit the passport all over again?
Though I will be probably sticking to the Ukraine route which looks doable in 80k in Sep last week.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Can we get e-visa for Egypt or do we have to submit the passport all over again?
Though I will be probably sticking to the Ukraine route which looks doable in 80k in Sep last week.
You will need to submit your passport at either the High Commission in Delhi or the Consulate General in Mumbai
Yes, I met a guy who travelled through Ukraine and he said it was incredibly smooth so I would personally suggest you travel via Ukraine - if you do travel via Egypt be prepared to spend 6-8 hours at the airport ;)

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
You will need to submit your passport at either the High Commission in Delhi or the Consulate General in Mumbai
Yes, I met a guy who travelled through Ukraine and he said it was incredibly smooth so I would personally suggest you travel via Ukraine - if you do travel via Egypt be prepared to spend 6-8 hours at the airport ;)
Sure. Thanks you so much for your reply.

Reactions: DevSB

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Taking the Ukraine route soon. Glad to hear you made it :cool: