+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

po1995

Mar 11, 2021
Guys. Why aren't France & Switzerland as popular as others such as Mexico/Maldives? Have people used those routes and faced problems?
Your input would be appreciated! Focussing more on France than Switzerland as there are direct flights to the former.

Last edited:

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020

• Passengers flying with Air France should confirm they are eligible to depart India on www.airfrance.in
  • Covid-19 Test on Arrival: Passengers aged 12 years and older will be subject to an antigenic test on arrival.
    This does not apply to passengers who present a Covid-19 vaccination certificate demonstrating that at least 4 weeks have elapsed since the first dose of Janssen vaccine or 1 week have elapsed since the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Covishield or Moderna vaccine.
  • Covid-19 Exit Permission: Passengers are not permitted to depart India.
    This does not apply to:
    1. Nationals of India with a valid visa issued by a Schengen Area member state, provided their destination is a European Union or a Schengen Area member state;
    2. Passengers holding a permanent residence permit issued by an EU or a Schengen Area member state, provided they are travelling accompanied or are returning to their home country. This includes spouses of these passengers;
    3. Seamen of foreign nationalities;
    4. Indian seamen subject to clearance from Ministry of Shipping; or
    5. Passengers travelling with a student visa for study purpose, provided their final destination is an EU member state.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys
As the flight charges are becoming so expensive and they are not offering check in baggages, we are looking at option of shipping our bags as we can't handle this stress, especially as we are traveling with 2 small kids...
Does anyone know nominal cargo / shipping contact... Ppl are charging 600-650 per kg for delivering to Toronto... And it looks like there is a rule of only two shipment per customer per month etc.
Any guidance is appreciated.

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Hello All, need advise on this route - Hyderabad —> Abu Dhabi —> Toronto with Etihad . There is a 6 hrs layover at Abu Dhabi . What I gathered so far the RT-pcr test can be done for transition at Abu Dhabi . I have A PR so not sure if situation is different vis-a-vis student. Also , I m seeing the price as 50 k for that route for late Sep. is there a catch ? Any one researched that route

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Hello All, need advise on this route - Hyderabad —> Abu Dhabi —> Toronto with Etihad . There is a 6 hrs layover at Abu Dhabi . What I gathered so far the RT-pcr test can be done for transition at Abu Dhabi . I have A PR so not sure if situation is different vis-a-vis student. Also , I m seeing the price as 50 k for that route for late Sep. is there a catch ? Any one researched that route
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/abu-dhabi-airport-launches-rt-pcr-testing-facility/articleshow/81590003.cms

PUNE: Abu Dhabi Airport has launched rapid free Covid-19 PCR testing for all arrivals, except those in transit, ...

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/abu-dhabi-airport-launches-rt-pcr-testing-facility/articleshow/81590003.cms

PUNE: Abu Dhabi Airport has launched rapid free Covid-19 PCR testing for all arrivals, except those in transit, ...
Yes true but that’s an old article.

Hi Binnareyn, yes that does show no transit, but that’s like too old article , what about lifting ban by uae few days back.

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Well there are rumours that RT-PCR is available.
But no documentation on Abu Dhabi Airport site, DXB site, Etihad site and Emirates site.
And no update to the above news.

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Well there are rumours that RT-PCR is available.
But no documentation on Abu Dhabi Airport site, DXB site, Etihad site and Emirates site.
And no update to the above news.

https://www.etihad.com/en/fly-etihad/health-and-wellness

Is there a testing facility in Abu Dhabi if I need to do a test during my transit?
  • Yes. We’re conducting COVID-19 rapid testing in Abu Dhabi airport. Tests cost USD 50 (subject to exchange rate) and you will need to pay for your test when you check-in. Transit testing is currently not available if you are flying from Bangladesh, Pakistan or Sri Lanka, we are working on a solution to this with the authorities.

Reactions: kingofpsg

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
The price is cheap for sept end for all airlines. I booked my tickets with qatar airways 45 days back for 1.5 lacs. For 4 travellers... With full baggage etc... It's for September 27... Im just so reluctant to use that ticket and rather fly early because covid cases in both India and canada will determine if there is a lockdown in canada or if the Indian travellers direct flight ban getting extended once again...

But it can swing either way... If indian govt and canadian govt agree to some kind of talks and mellow down their rules considering the student population in canada, then the direct flight ban could be lifted too. In such case, this kind of cheap tickets will come handy...

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
The price is cheap for sept end for all airlines. I booked my tickets with qatar airways 45 days back for 1.5 lacs. For 4 travellers... With full baggage etc... It's for September 27... Im just so reluctant to use that ticket and rather fly early because covid cases in both India and canada will determine if there is a lockdown in canada or if the Indian travellers direct flight ban getting extended once again...

But it can swing either way... If indian govt and canadian govt agree to some kind of talks and mellow down their rules considering the student population in canada, then the direct flight ban could be lifted too. In such case, this kind of cheap tickets will come handy...
Thank you kingofpsg, yeah I think ur approach is sensible. Ll book it, and look for any other alternatives prior to that. In some youtube videos I heard that after Aug 15 Etihad might change / increase number of flights. Being a bit optimistic here . Any case. Thanks

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
New update
If transiting through Dubai and layover is more than 10 hours, you will not be allowed to board next flight irrespective of same pnr and carrier. Confirmed it from Emirates. And my layover time is 10:45 hours. Rule has been implemented from Saturday.
Rules are changing everyday.

Reactions: rogerdude1