+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

maple22

Aug 2, 2021
They will not let you board that flight from india. People *were* booking Delhi to Frankfurt to Serbia back to Frankfurt to Canada but then changing tickets once they landed in Germany and got the test. I’m not sure if people are still doing this or not. In my opinion the safest route and how my husband came is through Mexico.
Why Indian authorities are not allowing to Canada via Frankfurt? Is it because of Germany visa?
Is this rule for Indian nationals only or Canadians also

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
I am also in the same timeline and also as of now seeking information in terms of which route will be cheaper and safe.
1. At this moment are you considering Mexico route?
2. Also do we need to show the quarantine plan at YYZ though we are travelling by indirect route.
3. My class start date is the 8th of SEP can I travel between 10th-15th AUG as the rule in Canada says that students cannot travel before 21 days of the class start date.
Are you travelling via Mexico? I'm looking for similar information to travel in end of august

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Are you travelling via Mexico? I'm looking for similar information to travel in end of august
Yes, I am planning but currently, my decision is on hold as my class is online so considering all the factors and the HUGE price point that I need to pay for traveling am looking forward to waiting for and just watch as of now and later once the rush is over then I'll plan to travel via direct or indirect route whichsoever available.

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Yes, I am planning but currently, my decision is on hold as my class is online so considering all the factors and the HUGE price point that I need to pay for traveling am looking forward to waiting for and just watch as of now and later once the rush is over then I'll plan to travel via direct or indirect route whichsoever available.
OK, that makes sense. So you are planning to start online classes.

Reactions: jaaayy

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
me and my wife has UAE residence visa but our son doesn't have residence visa. I am thinking about using Delhi> Dubai> Vancouver route (if we get PPR soon, looking very promising).

Does anyone know if our son will be allowed in UAE on tourist visa if we both hold valid Residence visa? This is towards mid/end september, i know a lot can change but i am wondering based on restrictions right now.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi all
Hope you are well... Im immigrating with my family (2 small kids) and targeting this month or September. Based on my original plan I hold a ticket with qatar airways for jus 1.53 lacs for all 4 of us for September 27..
I have a doubt related to indirect flight/direct flights etc.
If canadian govt decides to remove this ban on September 21, will I be able to travel with this ticket? Or will I be asked to produce rtpcr from doha? I stop at doha for 2 and half hours only .. I'm sorry if it's a silly question.
Please advise.

Thanks

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
me and my wife has UAE residence visa but our son doesn't have residence visa. I am thinking about using Delhi> Dubai> Vancouver route (if we get PPR soon, looking very promising).

Does anyone know if our son will be allowed in UAE on tourist visa if we both hold valid Residence visa? This is towards mid/end september, i know a lot can change but i am wondering based on restrictions right now.
You may try Delhi - Zurich - Vancouver.

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Hi all
Hope you are well... Im immigrating with my family (2 small kids) and targeting this month or September. Based on my original plan I hold a ticket with qatar airways for jus 1.53 lacs for all 4 of us for September 27..
I have a doubt related to indirect flight/direct flights etc.
If canadian govt decides to remove this ban on September 21, will I be able to travel with this ticket? Or will I be asked to produce rtpcr from doha? I stop at doha for 2 and half hours only .. I'm sorry if it's a silly question.
Please advise.

Thanks
It is very unlikely that the ban will be lifted. [It it were to be lifted, it would have happened for Aug 21st!]
Canada may enter 4th wave
India may enter 3rd wave.

It is going to be the same restrictions as of now, most probably. IMHO.

You need 24 hours minimum at Doha for RT PCR

As of now, Doha imposes quarantine for travel from India.

A cancelled ticket on debit card takes 45 days to refund.
A cancelled ticket on debit card takes 45 days to be converted to a voucher.
Credit cards are faster, may be 20 days.

You may consider indirect routes for September.

Last edited:

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Any information about the travel document which states that "you have passed your medical exam and you can proceed with your travel to canada "?

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
Any information about the travel document which states that "you have passed your medical exam and you can proceed with your travel to canada "?
1. One can check VISA document validity in gckey.
2. One gets NO letter from IRCC for the first upfront medical.
3. One gets a letter from IRCC with the below message, for second upfront medical - the one after first expired.

If you are a representative, please provide your clients with this important information.

You are receiving this notification because our records show that you have valid medical examination results in your file. IRCC has assessed your new medical examination, you may proceed with travel to Canada provided you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

If you are traveling with family members, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

Before you travel, please make sure you meet all other requirements for students or workers travelling to Canada.

For more updates on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Canada and IRCC services, see:

 COVID-19: International students

 COVID-19: Foreign workers

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: jaaayy

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
1. One can check VISA document validity in gckey.
2. One gets NO letter from IRCC for the first upfront medical.
3. One gets a letter from IRCC with the below message, for second upfront medical - the one after first expired.

If you are a representative, please provide your clients with this important information.

You are receiving this notification because our records show that you have valid medical examination results in your file. IRCC has assessed your new medical examination, you may proceed with travel to Canada provided you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

If you are traveling with family members, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.

Before you travel, please make sure you meet all other requirements for students or workers travelling to Canada.

For more updates on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Canada and IRCC services, see:

 COVID-19: International students

 COVID-19: Foreign workers

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Great Thanks a lot mate.

Aug 6, 2021
Now if the flights are booked on different PNRs, how are you going to collect your onward boarding pass at Zurich? Have you spoken to the transfer desks there?
Thank you so much, all! Dropped this route. Planning to go via Serbia sometime between 18th-24th starting Delhi. Anyone else in the same boat, please let's connect. Thanks