+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
You can transit Doha / Dubai / Abu Dhabi to *Serbia.*

If you are an Indian travelling from India, you cannot cross passport control and immigration in Doha without quarantine,

Stop-over technically means crossing passport control and entering a country for a short period. You cannot stop over in DOH. You can transit DOH.

For Dubai and Abu Dhabi, your transit time should be less than 10 hours.

Please book fully refundable tickets.
Please check with your airlines as soon as check in opens or 48 hours before departure.
I meant that whether the Air bubble agreement would allow going via Dubai or Qatar for going to Serbia, I booked a ticket via Dubai to Serbia but the Air Bubble agreement with UAE and Qatar states that passengers can only transit if their destination is in Africa or South America. So, now I don't know what to do.

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
I meant that whether the Air bubble agreement would allow going via Dubai or Qatar for going to Serbia, I booked a ticket via Dubai to Serbia but the Air Bubble agreement with UAE and Qatar states that passengers can only transit if their destination is in Africa or South America. So, now I don't know what to do.
Please call your airlines.

I called Emirates yesterday and they confirmed that Dubai is open for transit to Europe.
The agent categorically said that the transit should be less than 10 hours.

Please do call your airlines; and enquire if you can transit Dubai.

My answer is "Yes, you can."

But do call your airline and be sure that you can transit with the specific booking.

If your transit in Dubai is less than 10 hours, you do not need to worry at all.

simpleanswer

Aug 12, 2020
Please call your airlines.

I called Emirates yesterday and they confirmed that Dubai is open for transit to Europe.
The agent categorically said that the transit should be less than 10 hours.

Please do call your airlines; and enquire if you can transit Dubai.

My answer is "Yes, you can."

But do call your airline and be sure that you can transit with the specific booking.

If your transit in Dubai is less than 10 hours, you do not need to worry at all.
I called them yesterday and they told me that there are no such restrictions on their part. The issue is that whether we will be allowed to board the flight in India itself as many people were denied boarding on several occasions on various routes due to the Air bubble agreement thing. As the rule is imposed by Indian Authorities, their customer service representative is not sure of this regulation and these airlines don't have an Indian number or office number that's working so the doubt still remains. If anyone knows about this please share.

Aug 5, 2021
So I did my booking for 12 Sept. and this is my itinerary
12 Sept - (2:50 AM to 7:50 AM) Delhi to Frankfurt (Lufthansa Airlines)
12 Sept -(1:30 PM to 6:30 PM) Frankfurt to Mexico (Lufthansa Airlines)
5+ Hours Layover and both flights are from Terminal 1

Hotel booked in Mexico for 3 days from 12 Sept to 15 Sept

16 Sept (12:40 AM-5:55 AM) - Mexico to Toronto (Air Canada airline)

Please let me know this whole route is doable? And also if anyone can suggest how early should I get my Covid test done in India and Mexico before my flight? (This one is a bit headache to calculate) and also do I need to fill MexicoFMM form online right now or should I do it when I land in mexico?

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
So I did my booking for 12 Sept. and this is my itinerary
12 Sept - (2:50 AM to 7:50 AM) Delhi to Frankfurt (Lufthansa Airlines)
12 Sept -(1:30 PM to 6:30 PM) Frankfurt to Mexico (Lufthansa Airlines)
5+ Hours Layover and both flights are from Terminal 1

Hotel booked in Mexico for 3 days from 12 Sept to 15 Sept

16 Sept (12:40 AM-5:55 AM) - Mexico to Toronto (Air Canada airline)

Please let me know this whole route is doable? And also if anyone can suggest how early should I get my Covid test done in India and Mexico before my flight? (This one is a bit headache to calculate) and also do I need to fill MexicoFMM form online right now or should I do it when I land in mexico?
Covid test in India prior 48hrs of your flight,

Btw what cost did you got these tickets?
And from which agent?

Aug 5, 2021

And from which agent?
The flight prices costed my 2 lac and hotel stay is around 21k (5 star hotel and super close to airport) and covid test price is different (which might be around 4k in delhi and mexico combine) .. so approx. 2.40 Lac with extra baggage and food and other transport expense in mexico. I didn't put any agent in this because they gave me same package with 3 star hotel and long flight route and whole package costed 3 lac and on top they were so rude and were acting like they were doing a favor to me while I am paying the amount to them.

Sayanti Dey

Aug 7, 2021
This is the issue I am facing, it's Emirates from del to Zurich via Dubai and then Air Canada via london toronto to Halifax.

I am planning to travel with hand baggage only and parcel my luggage. It is still in planning as I am also observing the moves from Air Canada and Canadian government. Just for information, Spain has started accepting visa application in India for tourism. Positive signs from many countries. Another information is Air Canada has cancelled the tickets is passanger scheduled to fly on 1st September (read it on different forum).

I found this new channel on YouTube. That person has traveled from cochi to toronto via Doha and Zurich ( rt pcr done at zurich). He has explained the transit hotel booking stuff and also mentioned that he has a single pnr ticket for his entire journey so he didn't need to pass thr swiss immigration and also had a 23 hrs layover so didn't need any transit visa.

Thought it might be helpful for people looking for indirect routes.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020

And from which agent?
It costed me 1.35 Lakh for tickets only. another 10K for RTPCR test in Delhi and Serbia and hotel prices vary from 15K to 35K depends on your choice. I am preferring a hotel in City Center. In case if I get a co passenger that cost would be half. My ticket prices are till Halifax. Someone travelling till Toronto will cost less.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
It costed me 1.35 Lakh for tickets only. another 10K for RTPCR test in Delhi and Serbia and hotel prices vary from 15K to 35K depends on your choice. I am preferring a hotel in City Center. In case if I get a co passenger that cost would be half. My ticket prices are till Halifax. Someone travelling till Toronto will cost less.
I am planning to Toronto how much it will cost me in total?

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Any female who is travelling from Delhi around mid september, who hasn't booked their tickets yet.? I am asking this for my friend who will be travelling around the same timeline and would like to travel with someone.

Aug 6, 2021
Hi, I’m planning to book the following route. Would appreciate if someone can confirm that it’s doable:
1. Delhi to Male (rt pcr at Male)
2. Male to Zurich (overnight stay in transit area)
3. Zurich to London (2-3 hr gap between flights)
4. London to Toronto

only reason for taking complicated route is that this seems like the cheapest option. If anyone sees any concerns or requirements to keep in mind, please do let me know. Thank you!

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020

I found this new channel on YouTube. That person has traveled from cochi to toronto via Doha and Zurich ( rt pcr done at zurich). He has explained the transit hotel booking stuff and also mentioned that he has a single pnr ticket for his entire journey so he didn't need to pass thr swiss immigration and also had a 23 hrs layover so didn't need any transit visa.

Thought it might be helpful for people looking for indirect routes.
He doesn't explain how he books the ticket which seems to be the important part. He mentions he booked it in single PNR. idk how since there are no such options even in multi city.

ragiii

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi, I’m planning to book the following route. Would appreciate if someone can confirm that it’s doable:
1. Delhi to Male (rt pcr at Male)
2. Male to Zurich (overnight stay in transit area)
3. Zurich to London (2-3 hr gap between flights)
4. London to Toronto

only reason for taking complicated route is that this seems like the cheapest option. If anyone sees any concerns or requirements to keep in mind, please do let me know. Thank you!
How do you book in same PNR for Male to Zurich and Zurich to Toronto? How do you plan to have the baggage transferred?

Aug 6, 2021
How do you book in same PNR for Male to Zurich and Zurich to Toronto? How do you plan to have the baggage transferred?
Thanks for pointing that out!
I’m trying to speak with the airline company to confirm this but some frequent travellers have informed me that you can request for bags to be tagged to the final destination, irrespective of PNR. But if the airlines don’t confirm, I plan to travel with only cabin baggage and have everything else shipped.
Do you think there may be any other concern?

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for pointing that out!
I’m trying to speak with the airline company to confirm this but some frequent travellers have informed me that you can request for bags to be tagged to the final destination, irrespective of PNR. But if the airlines don’t confirm, I plan to travel with only cabin baggage and have everything else shipped.
Do you think there may be any other concern?
Now if the flights are booked on different PNRs, how are you going to collect your onward boarding pass at Zurich? Have you spoken to the transfer desks there?