+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
There are no direct flights but you do need your initial Indian PCR test to board a flight with onward travel to Canada. Doesn’t mean the Indian PCR test is not accepted it just means that Canada has banned direct flights.
I was just trying to illustrate my point by employing that example, but anyway what you’re saying doesn’t imply in any way that Indian PCR tests are accepted in Canada - it simply means that India has a requirement for outbound travellers to have a valid test result
Let’s say I travelled from Mumbai to Dubai to Toronto- this example fulfils your condition of having a test result from India. And you say Indian tests are accepted in Canada, so in this case my test from India should be accepted in Canada even though I transited from the UAE , but will it be ? No it won’t

let’s say I travelled from the U.K. to Dubai and then Toronto.. in this case my PCR test from the U.K. will be accepted at the port of entry in Canada, this illustrates that tests from India are simply not recognised .. I don’t see why you fail to understand this

From the Canadian government‘s website -
During that period, passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada.

In other words, I cannot travel from India to Canada through the UAE without taking a PCR test from the UAE but I can take the exact same route from say Nepal or Bangladesh or any other country; in other words , tests from India are not accepted by Canada. Feel free to write if you require further Clarification

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was just trying to illustrate my point by employing that example, but anyway what you’re saying doesn’t imply in any way that Indian PCR tests are accepted in Canada - it simply means that India has a requirement for outbound travellers to have a valid test result
Let’s say I travelled from Mumbai to Dubai to Toronto- this example fulfils your condition of having a test result from India. And you say Indian tests are accepted in Canada, so in this case my test from India should be accepted in Canada even though I transited from the UAE , but will it be ? No it won’t

let’s say I travelled from the U.K. to Dubai and then Toronto.. in this case my PCR test from the U.K. will be accepted at the port of entry in Canada, this illustrates that tests from India are simply not recognised .. I don’t see why you fail to understand this

From the Canadian government‘s website -
During that period, passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada.

In other words, I cannot travel from India to Canada through the UAE without taking a PCR test from the UAE but I can take the exact same route from say Nepal or Bangladesh or any other country; in other words , tests from India are not accepted by Canada. Feel free to write if you require further Clarification
You need both tests. The government banned direct travel so there is no opportunity to fly directly but that doesn’t mean Indian PCR isn‘t recognized. The Canadian government wanted 2 PCR tests to try and catch those who caught covid after the first PCR test or didn’t have enough of a viral load to test positive up to 72 hours before the flight departing India.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
You need both tests. The government banned direct travel so there is no opportunity to fly directly but that doesn’t mean Indian PCR isn‘t recognized. The Canadian government wanted 2 PCR tests to try and catch those who caught covid after the first PCR test or didn’t have enough of a viral load to test positive up to 72 hours before the flight departing India.
What you’re suggesting is this requirement is unique to India? Because no other country seems to have such a requirement

vparsana

Aug 11, 2021
Hello everyone. I am planning on travelling from India to Toronto in September end and I wanted to ask about a particular route that I think I havent seen any posts about. The Mum-Frankfurt-Toronto route with 6 hrs layover has enough time to get a covid RTPCR test at their Centogene facility in their terminal. I am wondering if anyone has taken this path and what difficulties did you face if any. To ease out the questions, the testing facility is in the transit zone and you do have a option of selecting the quickest service which will give you results back in 35 mins or 75 mins.

What I have been hearing from students who have been travelling is that, it is the indian authorities who might or might not allow to embark from India itself if you do not have a hotel reservation in a third country. Wouldn't getting a test from the airport count as a test from a third country? This option is way cheaper and feasible than staying at a hotel for a couple of days. It's just that I am not clear if the indian authorities would allow for this.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
It’s not about seeing who caught covid after the first test. PCR tests from india aren’t accepted due to some people producing fake tests and coming here positive from india. It’s simple.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
In any case, this is from the Air Canada website , I don’t think it’s up-to-date , but it will suffice https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19.html#/region-ct-2

Please note, COVID-19 tests administered in India or Pakistan will not be accepted for entry into Canada until further notice.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
What you’re suggesting is this requirement is unique to India? Because no other country seems to have such a requirement
It simply means only Indian travelers can catch Covid during journey not from other countries.
Its better to not waste your time for argument.
It is very clear that they are not accepting RT-PCR test from India and because of this reason people from India are paying 3-4 times money for the tickets.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello everyone. I am planning on travelling from India to Toronto in September end and I wanted to ask about a particular route that I think I havent seen any posts about. The Mum-Frankfurt-Toronto route with 6 hrs layover has enough time to get a covid RTPCR test at their Centogene facility in their terminal. I am wondering if anyone has taken this path and what difficulties did you face if any. To ease out the questions, the testing facility is in the transit zone and you do have a option of selecting the quickest service which will give you results back in 35 mins or 75 mins.

What I have been hearing from students who have been travelling is that, it is the indian authorities who might or might not allow to embark from India itself if you do not have a hotel reservation in a third country. Wouldn't getting a test from the airport count as a test from a third country? This option is way cheaper and feasible than staying at a hotel for a couple of days. It's just that I am not clear if the indian authorities would allow for this.
They will not let you board that flight from india. People *were* booking Delhi to Frankfurt to Serbia back to Frankfurt to Canada but then changing tickets once they landed in Germany and got the test. I’m not sure if people are still doing this or not. In my opinion the safest route and how my husband came is through Mexico.

vparsana

Aug 11, 2021
They will not let you board that flight from india. People *were* booking Delhi to Frankfurt to Serbia back to Frankfurt to Canada but then changing tickets once they landed in Germany and got the test. I’m not sure if people are still doing this or not. In my opinion the safest route and how my husband came is through Mexico.
That is what my worry was. I dont know why they would not allow us to get a test at Frankfurt itself. I mean i confirmed with lufthansa that you can do that its just that the Indian authorities are weird

CoderGeek

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021

Baileyjig14

Jan 14, 2021
I actually am planning it now. Some people actually reached Canada via that route on 3rd Aug and some are on way. Transit of 24+ hour is required to get the test results. People are not aware of it much because of less popularity and less information available.
Hi, Were you able to figure out the Zurich Route? Could you help me as well please? I am trying to bring my mum to Toronto. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Does anyone know about the source for "Due to restrictions in place by the Indian authorities, you will only be able to transit to destinations in Africa until further notice." ? I couldn't find such a circular or directive from any Indian authority.
https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/about-air-transport-bubbles

25. United Arab Emirates (UAE)

India has created an air bubble arrangement with the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Indian and UAE carriers are now permitted to operate flights between India and UAE and carry the following categories of persons on such flights:

A. From India to UAE:

i. UAE nationals.

ii. ICA approved UAE residents.

iii. Any Indian national or national of Nepal or Bhutan destined for UAE or any country in South America or Africa only and holding a valid visa of the destination country. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese nationals to enter the destination country before issue of ticket/boarding pass to the Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese passenger.

*PLUS, UAE restrictions.*

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hi, Were you able to figure out the Zurich Route? Could you help me as well please? I am trying to bring my mum to Toronto. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

1. Swiss entry requirements

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/india/en/home/visa/entry-ch.html

Issuing Schengen visa (type C) for Switzerland starting June 26, 2021

On June 23, 2021, the Federal Council decided to lift the entry restrictions for Switzerland for persons from third countries.

Who can apply for a short visa application (type C)?
The Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi is currently accepting all visa categories for persons arriving from third countries like India, who can prove, that they have been fully vaccinated.

Booking of a prior appointment is mandatory for all application type. VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. is operational and accepting visa application at the centers in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin and Hyderabad.

Vaccines
For fully vaccinated third-country nationals with CHE, EU and WHO recognized vaccines, the regular entry requirements will be applicable again from June 26, 2021. This also means that these travelers no longer have to be quarantined after arriving in Switzerland.

Entry restrictions continue to apply to foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated with CHE, EU and WHO recognized vaccines and are without rights of free movement, entering from risk countries or regions and who do not belong to any of the exceptional categories of the Covid-19 Regulation 3. For additional information, please consult the webpage of the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).

If you are not vaccinated and you qualify as a "hardship case" according to SEM regulation ff 1,5 dated 26.06.2021

2. International Transit Possible only through Zurich and Geneva

3. RT-PCR in-transit possible only in Zurich

4. You have to be on the same PNR (IND-ZRH and ZRH-CAN) OR You have to self-transfer at Zurich. Self-transfer in Zurich requires a visa.
[Alternatively, Your airlines from IND to ZRH may tag your checked-in luggage to your final destination. But it is not guaranteed]

This guy advertises some travel plans if you send him a whatsapp chat.

Reactions: Baileyjig14

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Can we use Doha as a stopover to reach a country in Europe? Like Serbia.
You can transit Doha / Dubai / Abu Dhabi to *Serbia.*

If you are an Indian travelling from India, you cannot cross passport control and immigration in Doha without quarantine,

Stop-over technically means crossing passport control and entering a country for a short period. You cannot stop over in DOH. You can transit DOH.

For Dubai and Abu Dhabi, your transit time should be less than 10 hours.

Please book fully refundable tickets.
Please check with your airlines as soon as check in opens or 48 hours before departure.