+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Okay guys. I have decided that I am not willing to be part of airline circus that is happening right now. And not letting anyone exploit me of my hard earned money by charging ridiculous rate.
I will sit it out and let this desperate drama pass and then take a call.

blackflame96

Jul 25, 2021
Okay guys. I have decided that I am not willing to be part of airline circus that is happening right now. And not letting anyone exploit me of my hard earned money by charging ridiculous rate.
I will sit it out and let this desperate drama pass and then take a call.
I am glad someone said this. The travel restrictions are painful in itself. The travel industry exploiting this uncertainty is truly traumatic. Getting a passport request was itself tiring and I don't want to stress myself again with this right away. I am gonna sit this fiasco out and decide before the next term begins.

Reactions: YVR123 and Catmom
Aug 5, 2021
Guys I have booked my flights from New Delhi to Mexico through Frankfurt for 12 Sept.. Please answer my this question

• Do I need transit visa if I have to change flight from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 in Frankfurt and I have a Layover of 4 hr 55 min in there?

Baileyjig14

Jan 14, 2021
Please help.. how are parents of PR and Citizen's coming from India to Canada now since ban extended till Sep 21.
No stops that require a visa please.
Stops that have PCR testing facility on site with no quarantine stay.
Hi, I am in the same situation. I have rebooked flights for my mum since early July. Where are your parents travelling from? My mum is in Bangalore. Not sure how to bring her to Toronto. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Guys I have booked my flights from New Delhi to Mexico through Frankfurt for 12 Sept.. Please answer my this question

• Do I need transit visa if I have to change flight from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 in Frankfurt and I have a Layover of 4 hr 55 min in there?
No you do not require a transit visa- you can just walk from terminal 2 to terminal 1

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Etihad has a testing facility in Abu Dhabi airport and we can get the results in 90 minutes. Can we use this route to travel from India to Canada, get tested in Abu Dhabi and use that result to enter to Canada? Also flights from India have 5-6 hours layover in Abu Dhabi which is more than enough to give the test and get the results.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Etihad has a testing facility in Abu Dhabi airport and we can get the results in 90 minutes. Can we use this route to travel from India to Canada, get tested in Abu Dhabi and use that result to enter to Canada? Also flights from India have 5-6 hours layover in Abu Dhabi which is more than enough to give the test and get the results.
I think it’s a rapid testing facility , I’m not sure if they offer RT-PCR tests for transit passengers

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Quick info - I've seen it mentioned a couple of times that with a US visa you can transit through but it is incorrect US is not allowing transit for people who have been in India physically for the last 14 days. There are exceptions but they do not apply to B1/B2 or C(Transit).
COVID-19 Information | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India (usembassy.gov)
Thats correct. You cant transit with B1/B2 if exemptions do not apply to you, in this case most nonimmigrant students enroute to Canada. Transiting in States or Canada, means you check out as other arriving passengers, and reconnect through departure. Technically, these two countries do NOT allow sterile transit.

Reactions: binnareyn

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Please use this tool before you book your tickets:
https://www.etihad.com/en-in/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

Transit information

• If you are travelling from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and plan to transit through Abu Dhabi, you must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure before your first flight departure time. Due to restrictions in place by the Indian authorities, you will only be able to transit to destinations in Africa until further notice.
    You need to have a COVID-19 PCR test before you fly to Abu Dhabi, even if you are just transiting. Check the regulations at your final destination to understand where and when to take your test.
    In Abu Dhabi, you will arrive at Terminal 2 and board directly from here. Lounge facilities will be unavailable until further notice.
    For new bookings, the maximum connection time in Abu Dhabi is 12 hours.
    Read more about transiting in Abu Dhabi.