Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
You won't be allowed to enter the UAE unless you have a residence permit for the UAE
then how do they expect intl students who may test negative for covid to quarantine in Dubai?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/why-canada-again-extended-ban-on-direct-flights-india-explained-101628590538232.html

"
How Indian students can travel to Canada?

The Indian government has asked the Canadian government to lift the ban of direct flights in July, as there is a huge demand for both-way traffic. India's high commissioner to Ottawa Ajay Bisaria held meetings with the officials from Air India and Air Canada. The diplomatic push resulted in a leeway for Indian students which is inconvenient but a passage to enter Canada. They have to travel to a third country and get tested there as Canada is not accepting Covid-19 molecular test reports from India. They will also have to stay in that third country for 14 days.

"
The large volume is one of the reasons that the ban is in place. Indirect travel increases the amount of travel and the longer transit time should technically mean that most should show signs of covid in transit.

Last edited:

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Not necessarily even the same carrier, it works even if the flight is on a codeshare basis - for instance one leg Lufthansa and another leg Egyptair , the important thing is the flights being booked on one ticket and one PNR
Agree

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
The large volume is one of the reasons that the ban is in place. Indirect travel minimizes the amount of travel and the longer transit time should technically mean that most should show signs of covid in transit.
I think you meant indirect travel lengthens the amount of time spent on transit and if anything, increases exposure and risk of infection.
If the GoI was serious about helping its own citizens, they could have offered covid testing at let's say New Delhi international airport for all passengers taking a direct flight to Canada. Let all passengers travel to Delhi/Mumbai 3 days prior to scheduled departure, stay in a pre approved hotel, get tested at an authorized testing centre perhaps attached to the airport, obtain a negative result prior to flying. Charge the flyer a premium for the tests if you must. Still better than the anguish of flying halfway around the world

Reactions: roro.xx and Catmom

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think you meant indirect travel lengthens the amount of time spent on transit and if anything, increases exposure and risk of infection.
If the GoI was serious about helping its own citizens, they could have offered covid testing at let's say New Delhi international airport for all passengers taking a direct flight to Canada. Let all passengers travel to Delhi/Mumbai 3 days prior to scheduled departure, stay in a pre approved hotel, get tested at an authorized testing centre perhaps attached to the airport, obtain a negative result prior to flying. Charge the flyer a premium for the tests if you must. Still better than the anguish of flying halfway around the world
Don’t think India was volunteering to set up strict hotel quarantine plus there would still be no guarantee that travellers would not get covid when interacting with hotel staff, transportation to the airport or in the airport.

Reactions: YVR123

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
there's already a testing facility in all major international airports in India, it's not about the Indian government, unless Canada asks for something like that, all this is a moot point. I heard UAE needs a test 4 hours before flying, and that New Delhi airport has already got Rapid Covid PCR testing machines that give result in 1 hour. Both governments will have to work together to sort this mess out.

Reactions: Catmom

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Don’t think India was volunteering to set up strict hotel quarantine plus there would still be no guarantee that travellers would not get covid when interacting with hotel staff, transportation to the airport or in the airport.
those things never work anyway, the incubation time of Covid in bodies can be upto 14 days or sometimes even more, you'll never be completely sure if someone has covid or not, hotel quarrantine or not, we will have to learn to live with this virus, sooner or later.

Reactions: canuck78 and Catmom

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Mumbai/Delhi to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Mexico City. No, I don't see any options for RTPCR for transiting passengers at Frankfurt but Mexico doesn't require any testing for entry.
I travelled to India for a family emergency and did not have PR card with me. I am in process of getting a PRTD. Will mexico admit me on PRTD?

Aug 5, 2021
Answer to you second question, if you have same carrier from Mumbai to Mexico, in that case you will not face any problem. As long as you don't have to leave transit area, it's fine. Please also check the airports as you might be landing on Heathrow and next flight from Gatwick. It there is anything like self transfer, then it is problem. You can check with airline too.
Hey thanks for the answer.. and yes! its a same carrier from delhi to mumbai to london to mexico and i don't have to change the airport.. i will land on Heathrow and will take flight to mexico from heathrow also. although they didn't mention anything regarding self transfer their.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
there's already a testing facility in all major international airports in India, it's not about the Indian government, unless Canada asks for something like that, all this is a moot point. I heard UAE needs a test 4 hours before flying, and that New Delhi airport has already got Rapid Covid PCR testing machines that give result in 1 hour. Both governments will have to work together to sort this mess out.
May be the new PCR testing machines installed in the Airport will address integrity of the testing results as a mitigation for the "fake" negative confirmation testing results that were produced at the POE here in Canada. Its good to see they are sorting this mess out.

Reactions: A93