11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
My chat with Dubai Airport - general information

Visitor32572363: Hello Marcus, my mums flight from mumbai with emirates arrives T3 and her next self-transfer flight is from T1 Aircanada. Does she need a visa to transfer terminals?
Evelyn: Let me look into this for you.
Evelyn: It is recommended but not a compulsion to have minimum 3 hours of transit time so you can have a smooth transfer process between flights.
Evelyn: Shuttle service is available to transfer passengers between Terminal 1 and 3 and it should take around 5 minutes. The shuttle is available 24 hours a day.
Evelyn: Would you require my assistance in anything else?
Visitor32572363: do you need a visa to use the shuttle?
Evelyn: No, you do not require visa to use shuttle service
Visitor32572363: ok thank you!

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
It is still a very tiny teeny chance of it happening.

Canada should accept Indian RT PCR.
Media still reports that there are fake RT-PCR certificate rackets in India!
Its no big deal, Government can always mention the approved labs from India (just like they have done for medical) from which one should have negative RTPCR report.
Even after Dubai is open for transit, prices are still pretty high. The tickets are little cheaper after 22nd August but refundable tickets are rare. Airlines are giving option of rescheduling or having cancelation charges. This is the reason I am reluctant to book tickets as I fear if Canada opens the flights after 21st, direct routes will be available. Another reason is non availability of short routes. The journey from India to Mexico is taking more than 27 hours. I know its a big gamble but I am going with my gut feeling that Canada will open borders for Indians.

Reactions: jaaayy

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020

Visitor32572363: Hello Marcus, my mums flight from mumbai with emirates arrives T3 and her next self-transfer flight is from T1 Aircanada. Does she need a visa to transfer terminals?
Evelyn: It is recommended but not a compulsion to have minimum 3 hours of transit time so you can have a smooth transfer process between flights.
Evelyn: Shuttle service is available to transfer passengers between Terminal 1 and 3 and it should take around 5 minutes. The shuttle is available 24 hours a day.
Its very useful information but she does not answer your query clearly (on self transfer). Am I the only one thinking so?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Its very useful information but she does not answer your query clearly (on self transfer). Am I the only one thinking so?
is self transfer not picking up your bags and going to next terminal yourself and checking in again?

john45111

Dec 19, 2012
Hello Everyone, Can someone guide me as I'm wiling to travel to Canada from India, i have some questions based on some of the posts.
1. Which route is better now? as I'll be travelling with my 9month old son.
2. If through Mexico/Doha/Dubai can parents travel to Canada who have Canada visiting visa? or do they need any transit visa?
3. if Mexico, how much will be the price per person approx.?

Thank you in advance!!!

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
So.
This is the standard reply that London is giving to all Indians. Does this mean London is safe to go as long as we get PCR from a third country?
Airside transit means that you don't enter UK or clear immigration. I reached out to British Airways to clarify and they don't have a problem with passengers transiting airside. The problem lies with Canada entry requirements - PCR tests from India are not currently permitted. According to the airlines, testing in UK Heathrow airport is not available to airside transit passengers. More details on Heathrow's website and UK gov site (search for airside transit rules)

https://www.heathrow.com/customer-support/faq/coronavirus-covid-19#govt-restrictions

Until Canada government decides to accept India PCR tests, UK is not an acceptable route (even if India moves to the Amber/Green list for UK)

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Airside transit means that you don't enter UK or clear immigration. I reached out to British Airways to clarify and they don't have a problem with passengers transiting airside. The problem lies with Canada entry requirements - PCR tests from India are not currently permitted. According to the airlines, testing in UK Heathrow airport is not available to airside transit passengers. More details on Heathrow's website and UK gov site (search for airside transit rules)

https://www.heathrow.com/customer-support/faq/coronavirus-covid-19#govt-restrictions

Until Canada government decides to accept India PCR tests, UK is not an acceptable route (even if India moves to the Amber/Green list for UK)
That I get. How about Mumbai - London - Amsterdam - Mexico(final stop) or Maldives - London - Toronto(final stop). Will they be okay?

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
That I get. How about Mumbai - London - Amsterdam - Mexico(final stop) or Maldives - London - Toronto(final stop). Will they be okay?
India to London (Heathrow) is allowed with a PCR test from India as long as you plan on airside transit. Before you can board your flight for next leg of the journey, you will have to check entry/transit rules. Currently, entry to Canada requires a PCR from a 3rd country so you will have to figure out 24 hour-48 hour halt while the PCR test results are available.

If you want to enter London you have to follow quarantine rules for Red List/Amber List (for India). Check the link I shared in my earlier post and check UK gov site.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Hello Everyone, Can someone guide me as I'm wiling to travel to Canada from India, i have some questions based on some of the posts.
1. Which route is better now? as I'll be travelling with my 9month old son.
2. If through Mexico/Doha/Dubai can parents travel to Canada who have Canada visiting visa? or do they need any transit visa?
3. if Mexico, how much will be the price per person approx.?

Thank you in advance!!!
Parents may not be able to travel until 7 September to Canada.

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
Trip 1:
Mumbai -> Maldives

Trip 2:
Maldives -> DOHA -> YYZ/YUL
Maldives -> DOHA -> [FRAnkfurt] -> YYZ/YUL
Maldives -> DOHA -> [CDG Paris] -> YYZ/YUL

OR

Trip 1:
Mumbai -> London -> Tirana/Albenia

Trip 2:
Tirana/Albenia -> FRAnkfurt -> YYZ

Last edited:

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020

There is a slight ambiguity in your question.

You have to ask how to transfer on *two different PNRs.*

Emirates may be able to co-ordinate with Air Canada to transfer your luggage.
Please check with emirates.

But where will you get the onward boarding pass?

You MAY need a visa to collect your baggage and check it into the onward flight by yourself. Emirates can tell you that.
That is going to take way more than 3 hours.

Harsh2411

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
31st March 2021
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
No
IELTS Request
Given before applying for visa
Med's Request
Done before applying for the visa
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
5th August 2021
VISA ISSUED...
No
Where the quarantine rules of each country is written??