+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect route from India

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
No.

As far as UK guidelines go, you can transit from DOHA to YYZ.

You need to stop over at DOHA and take RT PCR Test.

It is similar to IND - DOH - FRA - YYZ.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
No.

As far as UK guidelines go, you can transit from DOHA to YYZ.

You need to stop over at DOHA and take RT PCR Test.

It is similar to IND - DOH - FRA - YYZ.
Wait so don't we have to take covid test from the last country we depart? In this case UK or France.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
No you don't have to- just one PCR test that is no older than 72 hours from the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada- in this case either London or Frankfurt
I am afraid I didn't understood that well. Let's take this example. DEL-DOH-LHR-YYZ. Let's say I took an RT-PCR test from Doha then I land at UK for connection flight. From there I reach Canada within 72 hours of the RT-PCR test took from Doha. Would they accept it or will deny me entry?

Last edited:

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
You should board LHR-YYZ Flight within 72 hours of your sample collection at DOHA.

For details:-
[1] https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india#flights

Suspension of flights from India

The Government of Canada has suspended flights from India until August 21, 2021.

During that period, passengers who travel to Canada from India via an indirect route will need to obtain a pre-departure negative COVID-19 molecular test result from a third country before continuing their journey to Canada.

[2] https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types

If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city
All travellers must:

• provide one of the accepted types of tests, not an antigen test
  • keep proof of your test results for the 14-day period that begins on the day you enter Canada

Last edited:

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
I am afraid I didn't understood that well. Let's take this example. DEL-DOH-LHR-YYZ. Let's say I took an RT-PCR test from Doha then I land at UK for connection flight. From there I reach Canada within 72 hours of the RT-PCR test took from Doha. Would they accept it or will deny me entry?
Yes that will be accepted - if the departure time of your flight from London Heathrow is under 72 hours from the time you took your PRC in Doha, it’s acceptable
However, transit at Heathrow remains a grey area

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Yes that will be accepted - if the departure time of your flight from London Heathrow is under 72 hours from the time you took your PRC in Doha, it’s acceptable
However, transit at Heathrow remains a grey area
Thanks a lot. I was mis-informed all this time that they will only accept covid test from last country you boarded from. In that case london. Well certainly now can look at other airports, such as France and Germany I believe? Thanks a lot for clarifying that.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Thanks a lot. I was mis-informed all this time that they will only accept covid test from last country you boarded from. In that case london. Well certainly now can look at other airports, such as France and Germany I believe? Thanks a lot for clarifying that.
No worries, Frankfurt and Paris CDG are both open to transit for Indian passport holders

vrajes18

Jul 30, 2021
Hello
if you did a transit via qatar, Is there a PCR test on arrival at Doha? Can we use this for the outbound journey to Canada? Thanks