+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Police Certificate if not in India

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Hi

I am a newbie to this forum and to the Express Entry Process.

I just received ITA in last draw, and I am in the process of filling the forms.
I am currently working in Australia. I have not been to India since 2016.

I had obtained the Indian PCC in January 2017 for Australia visa purposes, I have that certificate with me.

Since I have not gone to India since 2016, I am thinking I don't need to get the Indian PCC again, and I can attach the 2017 January one.

This following page says that you can include an expired certificate if you have not been to the country since the certificate was issued:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Am I on the right track? Should I order a new Indian PCC?

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
If you haven't been to india after your last PCC, technically you don't need a new one. However, if the process to obtain a PCC is simple and the document can be obtained the same day or two, i would suggest your get a new PCC.

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks DonDraper.

I have one more question about reference letter for education.

If I have done ECA only for the highest degree, should I include lower level degree along with the highest degree documents when filling e-APR, or, should I add those lower level degree documents within an LOE?

Thanks.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks DonDraper.

I have one more question about reference letter for education.

If I have done ECA only for the highest degree, should I include lower level degree along with the highest degree documents when filling e-APR, or, should I add those lower level degree documents within an LOE?

Thanks.
You will be claiming points for the Highest degree evaluation, in your case its Masters. You can include all the education documents together, no problem at all. If you still don't feel confident, add a line LOE about it. The below listed is what i submitted for education docs. However, i got my bachelor's evaluated too. Its technically not required if you already got highest degree (masters) evaluated.
You can add WES ECA report first followed by masters and bachelors in whatever order you deem fit.

WES ECA/Education/ IELTS
1. Index
2 – WES ECA Report
5 – Bachelor’s Degree Detailed Marksheet of 1st Year
6 – Bachelor’s Degree Detailed Marksheet of 2nd Year
7 – Bachelor’s Degree Detailed Marksheet of 3rd Year
8 – Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
9 – Master’s Degree Detailed Grade Report of 1st Semester
12 – Master’s Degree Detailed Grade Report of 2nd Semester
13 – Master’s Degree Detailed Grade Report of 3rd Semester
15 – Master’s Degree Detailed Grade Report of 4th Semester
16 – Master’s Provisional Degree Certificate
17 – Master’s Degree Certificate
18 – IELTS TRF

Hope this helps!!

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks so so much DonDraper.

I have been asking questions all over the place and no one has answered me with this depth.

One more question (I am now taking unfair advantage, I know, but please)

For my work experience, I have been working full time since last two years, and under the same NOC. But my position titles have changed because earlier I was on contract, and now I am permanent. (I am currently working in Australia).

My manager is generous enough to give me a reference letter and I need to come up with a format. I have come up with the following format. Please let me know if it is ok considering the change in position title.

=======================================

This is to certify XYZ has worked in XYZ company. ....Some more general info... The following lists his positions:

Month 2017 - present
Position Title - Full time permanent

Month 2016 - Month 2017
Position Title - Full time contract

Month 2015 - Month 2016
Position Title - Casual, contract

The following lists his responsibilities:

1, ...
2. ...

Some ending sentence.

Signature

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks so so much DonDraper.

I have been asking questions all over the place and no one has answered me with this depth.

One more question (I am now taking unfair advantage, I know, but please)

For my work experience, I have been working full time since last two years, and under the same NOC. But my position titles have changed because earlier I was on contract, and now I am permanent. (I am currently working in Australia).

My manager is generous enough to give me a reference letter and I need to come up with a format. I have come up with the following format. Please let me know if it is ok considering the change in position title.

This is to certify XYZ has worked in XYZ company. ....Some more general info... The following lists his positions:

Month 2017 - present
Position Title - Full time permanent

Month 2016 - Month 2017
Position Title - Full time contract

Month 2015 - Month 2016
Position Title - Casual, contract

The following lists his responsibilities:

1, ...
2. ...

Some ending sentence.

Signature

Sure, I will try to answer based up on my understanding and experience of the process. Having said that, please also vet the information to match standard CIC website requirements.

If you have a Same employer and job under same NOC code with similar responsibilities, then multiple positions listed above should not be a problem. However, as per CIC you will need to add few additional information as :

Designation : ( Mandatory)
Employee ID : {Optional , good if you have it . Not Mandated}
Start date : ( Mandatory)
End date: ( Mandatory) -- fill it as "Current" for ongoing
Type of Employment : ( Mandatory)
Hours of Work : ( Mandatory) ( for ex: 40 hours/Week)
Annual Salary : ( Mandatory)
Benefits : <Mandatory>

As per CIC :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
Supplement links from forum regarding the same question :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/multiple-positions-same-company.515505/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/letter-of-employment-for-multiple-titles.489324/

You Should make sure that for each position mentioned must have a Valid proof of Pay check or Tax form during the intended period.

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Yep. I am in the process of collecting all these documents.

One final question (final for now, I will come back to ask more :))

I have my savings sent to an Indian bank account (I am in Indian citizen). Now, just recently, I got a big chunk of those savings turned into a Fixed Deposit. Additionally, that fixed deposit is in USD.

The fix deposit is in my name (no joint holders). Plus, I also have a letter from the bank detailing my account balance and fix deposit info. Also, I have back statements for the last year.

Is this okay for proof of funds. I am not planning on getting any gift money from my parents as the fix deposit is way more than what I need for POF.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Yep. I am in the process of collecting all these documents.

One final question (final for now, I will come back to ask more :))

I have my savings sent to an Indian bank account (I am in Indian citizen). Now, just recently, I got a big chunk of those savings turned into a Fixed Deposit. Additionally, that fixed deposit is in USD.

The fix deposit is in my name (no joint holders). Plus, I also have a letter from the bank detailing my account balance and fix deposit info. Also, I have back statements for the last year.

Is this okay for proof of funds. I am not planning on getting any gift money from my parents as the fix deposit is way more than what I need for POF.
If the funds are recently (< 6 months) transferred to FD, you may need to show the proofs pertaining to source of the funds. As mentioned by you ,having the required bank letters with FD certificate to prove that the FD was sourced from your funds should be good to go.

However, i would suggest you take other experienced forum members opinion on the matter, who had similar cases in the past.

You can check this discussion for further insights : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fixed-deposit-as-proof-of-funds.394087/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-after-getting-ita-india.540313/

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Thanks DonDraper.

I will check all the links. And thanks for all your prompt answers.

I might ask more later, pardon my inexperience :)

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
Hey DonDraper,

I have a small question regarding reference letter.

In the company I work for, I initially worked as a casual employee. During this time, my weekly hours weren't more than 15 most of the time.

I am NOT claiming any CRS points for this work experience.

Do I need to mention this within the reference letter, or should I only mention the full-time work duration?

Thanks.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hey DonDraper,

I have a small question regarding reference letter.

In the company I work for, I initially worked as a casual employee. During this time, my weekly hours weren't more than 15 most of the time.

I am NOT claiming any CRS points for this work experience.

Do I need to mention this within the reference letter, or should I only mention the full-time work duration?

Thanks.
If you are not claiming points then i its okay not to add. This info can go in personal history section. If you mention it, then add few pointers on the employment type and arrangement in the LOE.

docparth86

Sep 10, 2018
If you are not claiming points then i its okay not to add. This info can go in personal history section. If you mention it, then add few pointers on the employment type and arrangement in the LOE.
Thanks Don. Appreciate that.

I think I am not going to include that Casual experience as it will unnecessarily add more information that is not contributing to anything.

Thanks for your help as always :)