+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple positions same company

RBMOE

Sep 3, 2017
Greetings experts,

i have been working for more than 3 years in the same company and have held multiple positions but same NOC. I have entered them as multiple records i.e. from one to date to another i held a certain position, etc. in terms of the documentation can i provide the same reference letter for all the records.

thanks for the help

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Greetings experts,
i have been working for more than 3 years in the same company and have held multiple positions but same NOC. I have entered them as multiple records i.e. from one to date to another i held a certain position, etc. in terms of the documentation can i provide the same reference letter for all the records.
Yes, you can mention multiple positions in the same reference letter. No problem in that.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Greetings experts,

thanks for the help
I have the same situation. What you did is correct

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi,

I have already received my PPR. I held two positions at my present company and I addem then as 1 experience with the title of both positions as job title.

i.e Assistant XYZ Manager and XYZ Manager
ABC company
March 2015 - Present

Hope it helps.

Feb 12, 2018
Dear All,
I submitted my application 3 days back. Lately, I have been reading some posts and this lead to couple of questions. I would greatly appreciate if the veterans out here can help me as this is giving me jitters all day :(

I have 2 questions.
1. Around multiple positions in the reference letter.
2. How CIC allocates marks based on experience letters and documents submitted.

Background around Work history as submitted
1. Company 1 - NOC 2173 - 2005-2008 - 2 years 8 months
2. Company 2 - NOC 2171 - 2010-2014 - 4 years 6 months
3. Company 3 - NOC 0213 - 2014 till date - 3 years 3 months - (this is also my primary NOC)

Question 1 - For Company 2 above, I had held 3 positions. All the 3 positions were mentioned in the reference letter with to and from dates and signed by HR on company letter head. However, the job duties were clubbed together and mentioned below within 5 bullet points. This was due to the fact that HR had a strict format and my jobs and duties didn't vary a lot during this duration.
Keeping in mind that my primary NOC is related to Company 3 (Best reference letter submitted ). Will the above be a grave problem and result in rejection ?

Question 2 - How does CIC review the Work history. To elaborate, since I have mentioned my primary NOC for Company 3 which has more that 3 years , my points will max out here. Will the VO still verify my other reference letters which are not that great and elaborate?

I will be highly obliged if someone can answer this. :)

P.S - I have submitted paystubs and offer letters for all the companies.

Regards

Last edited:

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
many thanks all for your response, very helpful
Dear, How can we have different positions at the same company while having the same NOC? I mean, there should be a difference in duties of a assistant manager and a manager. How did you handle that in your reference letter?

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
Hi,

I have already received my PPR. I held two positions at my present company and I addem then as 1 experience with the title of both positions as job title.

ABC company
March 2015 - Present

Hope it helps.
Dear,
How can we have different positions at the same company while having the same NOC? I mean, there should be a difference in duties of a assistant manager and a manager. How did you handle that in your reference letter?

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys, I am from India but working in US for last 5 years. I have worked for the same employer in India and then moved to US and worked for 2 different clients in US (in two different states) still with the same employer. Do I need to categorize as seperate employment and seek 3 Employee reference letters ?
Option 1) Employer ABC location India, Employer ABC location XXX USA, Employer ABC location YYY USA
Option 2) Employer ABC location India, Employer ABC location YYY USA
Option 3) Employer ABC location YYY USA

engr.humayun

Nov 19, 2017
KSA
Hi Guys, I am from India but working in US for last 5 years. I have worked for the same employer in India and then moved to US and worked for 2 different clients in US (in two different states) still with the same employer. Do I need to categorize as seperate employment and seek 3 Employee reference letters ?
Option 1) Employer ABC location India, Employer ABC location XXX USA, Employer ABC location YYY USA
Option 2) Employer ABC location India, Employer ABC location YYY USA
Option 3) Employer ABC location YYY USA
As long as your job title remained the same, you don't need to have a separate letter. Even multiple job titles held with the same employer can be reported in a single letter. For different job titles, you would create separate entries in your online profile and attach the same letter from that single employer.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Dear,
How can we have different positions at the same company while having the same NOC? I mean, there should be a difference in duties of a assistant manager and a manager. How did you handle that in your reference letter?
You have to play around with words.

eg. Helped with/assisted projection reports and forecasting for AM and Managed and created projection reports and forecasts for Manager.

Also, based on the the NOC, used less responsibilities for AM and more for Manager.

Good luck!

Reactions: engr.humayun

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

ABC company
March 2015 - Present

Hope it helps.
Hi Chaudri. I am in same boat as my i was promoted from AM to Manager but my responsibilities remained same. So is it ok if I just mention tenure of both positions but club my responsibilities like "his main responsibilities in both the roles were as follows:" will that fly?

PreetKaur1

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Chaudri. I am in same boat as my i was promoted from AM to Manager but my responsibilities remained same. So is it ok if I just mention tenure of both positions but club my responsibilities like "his main responsibilities in both the roles were as follows:" will that fly?

Hi, Could someone please answer this.? I am facing same situation and have to request for my letter soon.