+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

sakshal

Jul 8, 2020
Thanks for your reply. Thats what i did. I followed the Ottawa checklist. I am not sure what i am missing here?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Thats what i did. I followed the Ottawa checklist. I am not sure what i am missing here?
Did you follow this checklist? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Ottawa-PCC-checklist-June-2019.pdf

What exactly did BLS say?

Try to email them and ask what exactly is wrong with you appl. since they don't reply phone calls.
Or if you wish you can go in person, it is at Montreal Road from downtown you can take 14/11 from Mckenzie King to there.

sakshal

Jul 8, 2020
Did you follow this checklist? https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Ottawa-PCC-checklist-June-2019.pdf

What exactly did BLS say?

Try to email them and ask what exactly is wrong with you appl. since they don't reply phone calls.
Or if you wish you can go in person, it is at Montreal Road from downtown you can take 14/11 from Mckenzie King to there.
Yes, I followed this checklist correctly. This is what BLS said:
I REGRET TO INFORM THAT UPON CAREFUL SCRUTINY THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE FOUND TO BE MISSING:

1. APPLICATION HAS TO BE FILLED FOR OTTAW JURISDICTION.

I have already mailed them, have also raised a ticket on their website. Still waiting for a response.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I received my ITA for PR in June 25th CEC draw. I was recently collecting all my documents. And Yesterday went to BLS Ottawa since they opened their offices on July 6th. Yesterday I filled and completed the PCC online and submitted in the walkin office my application. Does anyone knows how long it will take for them to give the certificate? the guy on the counter was saying like it will take around 40 days is that true. Also, the people that work at BLS Ottawa are so some of the rudest and unpolite people I have come across. They literally made me do my application 3 times by pointing out small mistakes. and in the end he was like your address in the passport does not match your address on your pan card. I told him that I had asked bls multiples times to change my address on my passport during the renewal of my passport. Will all of this effect my PCC because the guy at the counter was like they might not process my application based on my address. Also I have like 75 days until I have to submit my PR application. This is really started to worry me now.....

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,
I received my ITA for PR in June 25th CEC draw. I was recently collecting all my documents. And Yesterday went to BLS Ottawa since they opened their offices on July 6th. Yesterday I filled and completed the PCC online and submitted in the walkin office my application. Does anyone knows how long it will take for them to give the certificate? the guy on the counter was saying like it will take around 40 days is that true. Also, the people that work at BLS Ottawa are so some of the rudest and unpolite people I have come across. They literally made me do my application 3 times by pointing out small mistakes. and in the end he was like your address in the passport does not match your address on your pan card. I told him that I had asked bls multiples times to change my address on my passport during the renewal of my passport. Will all of this effect my PCC because the guy at the counter was like they might not process my application based on my address. Also I have like 75 days until I have to submit my PR application. This is really started to worry me now.....
How did PAN card come up in PCC application? Passport should be sufficient.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
How did PAN card come up in PCC application? Passport should be sufficient.
they ask you during the online form you fill if you have pan card or adhar card with you. But during the renewal of my passport I did give them my new mailing address in India. But for some reason they put my birth address which I no longer live in Mumbai. So it not my fault that they did not correct the address as I told them during my passport renewal in 2017. I dunno they guy on the counter after paying the fees was like it might come back as NULL or something. I really hated that guy never once gave a correct answer.

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
they ask you during the online form you fill if you have pan card or adhar card with you. But during the renewal of my passport I did give them my new mailing address in India. But for some reason they put my birth address which I no longer live in Mumbai. So it not my fault that they did not correct the address as I told them during my passport renewal in 2017. I dunno they guy on the counter after paying the fees was like it might come back as NULL or something. I really hated that guy never once gave a correct answer.
Right, yeah this process is filled with hurdles. Applying for the actual PR is simple than Indian PCC. Best of luck, hope it goes to someone reasonable in India.

Reactions: RajdeepC

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Yes, I followed this checklist correctly. This is what BLS said:
I REGRET TO INFORM THAT UPON CAREFUL SCRUTINY THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE FOUND TO BE MISSING:

1. APPLICATION HAS TO BE FILLED FOR OTTAW JURISDICTION.

I have already mailed them, have also raised a ticket on their website. Still waiting for a response.
If you followed everything in the checklist then it is only them who can tell what is missing. I think best would be to visit them in person.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Yes it will easily be a month at least.

One of the main hurdles (time taking event) is from the time the documents are delivered to them to the time they sent it to Indian Embassy.
For some people it took 3 weeks, for some 4, but for most people it is taking about 2 weeks now. (Mine was 2 weeks too).

I saw in this thread that BLS Surrey is processing applications faster than Ottawa & Toronto.

After they accept your appl for processing (assuming they don't ask you to send another app correcting minor errors), it takes about a week for Indian Embassy to initiate a police verification and after that it is the police station that will take their time to come to your home to do the verification (it says three weeks, but it really depends on the police station involved and the work load/laziness they have, it could be quicker than three weeks) then from police station back to Indian Embassy then back to BLS then to you (give or take two weeks).

So in total easily a month.

Reactions: Max1010

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
You are right they are extremely rude and unprofessional. I hate it that we have to go through their loop to get the Certificate. They are making the process slower.

They made me re-do the application because I said Permanent Residence (reason for asking PCC), according to them I am supposed to say 'Immigration purposes other than citizenship'

Also they made me get new pictures taken because the ones I sent were too zoomed according to them, so I got it clicked over there.

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
You are right they are extremely rude and unprofessional. I hate it that we have to go through their loop to get the Certificate. They are making the process slower.

They made me re-do the application because I said Permanent Residence (reason for asking PCC), according to them I am supposed to say 'Immigration purposes other than citizenship'

Also they made me get new pictures taken because the ones I sent were too zoomed according to them, so I got it clicked over there.
Oh I see! Yeah I am hoping for the best. Now, becuase I have accumulated all documents as stated for the ITA. I have recently done my medical and also uploaded other documents. I actually was not needed to give PCC since I never lived in India my entire life. I am only doing this as a formality and will attach it under the optional document section since many people are telling me it will be good if I provide them the PCC certificate. I will give it till the end of this month. If it gets rejected for some vague reason then I will submit my PR application without the PCC since they never asked me to upload the PCC. In the meantime I am just praying it works out. Because I have never been treated like how those people on the counter treated me I had to go back and forth from home to that location in Vanier, Ottawa more than 6 time to correct my application. And I was very upset after paying for the application that the guy on the counter said based on the information you provided your PCC will not be approved. I literraly felt I wasted time and money on it. But again I will wait till the end of this month. If not I will send my application without it.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Oh I see! Yeah I am hoping for the best. Now, becuase I have accumulated all documents as stated for the ITA. I have recently done my medical and also uploaded other documents. I actually was not needed to give PCC since I never lived in India my entire life. I am only doing this as a formality and will attach it under the optional document section since many people are telling me it will be good if I provide them the PCC certificate. I will give it till the end of this month. If it gets rejected for some vague reason then I will submit my PR application without the PCC since they never asked me to upload the PCC. In the meantime I am just praying it works out. Because I have never been treated like how those people on the counter treated me I had to go back and forth from home to that location in Vanier, Ottawa more than 6 time to correct my application. And I was very upset after paying for the application that the guy on the counter said based on the information you provided your PCC will not be approved. I literraly felt I wasted time and money on it. But again I will wait till the end of this month. If not I will send my application without it.
Yep you are right! If you came here right after you turned 18, you don't need an Indian PPC.

You have never been treated like this before? I have been treated like this many times for instance at State Bank of India they sent me back 4 times to get the correct documents to transfer my tuition fee to Canada. (Like they could not tell me in the first time everything that was needed?), and why can't I transfer my tuition fee by online baking.

Anyway, all these experiences keep you humbled down. Haha

ShettyNS

May 30, 2020
Update:
June 16th: SP office does not have dongle for digital signature on my police verification. Apparently it comes from Noida to regional RPO in Maharashtra and then to SP office of district.
As per SP Office, it will come after 8-9 days. I sent an email to RPO office and also asked them on twitter. Lets see how many days till this nightmare is over.
It is a very harrowing experience getting a PCC from India and I am in the same situation as this.

I had applied for PCC for me and my wife on the 12th of June 2020. It was sent to the consulate by BLS on 26th of June. Not sure what took them more than 10 days to just hand over the application to consulate.

Both the applications went to police verification in Mangalore, India but to 2 different police stations- based on the address we provided.

While my pcc was processed and completed on 4th of July my wife's PCC was held up at the SP office in Mangalore, after clearing at the local police station. Mine was processed from the commissioners office since my address falls in the city limits while my wife's would be processed from the SP office.

When we contacted the SP office we were told- the dongle for digital signature has to come from Noida and everything is stalled since April. They don't have a timeline when this will be fixed.

We are totally clueless what to do now considering the passport is also with the consulate. We tried talking to BLS, consulate and everyone concerned but no help- they behave like its your problem you take care.

Communication is broken, emails are not replied, multiple agencies for a simple piece of paper, mediators, administrators, no one knows what- this is the state of affairs, unfortunately. Feeling sad the bureaucracy is so inefficient.

Most of the pcc that are stuck here, I assume are because of this problem with the dongle. I think we should form a common forum and reach out to the MEA to resolve this soon. Just a thought.

JudeJ

May 31, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I got my PCC yesterday. It took me 2 months to get it. For some reason It took BLS Brampton three weeks to send my application from their office to the Toronto consulate. I’m sure my application was lying in their office unnoticed and then someone finally seen it after three weeks, and then my papers were lying at my local police station in Mumbai. When my dad went to inquire the officer said that they have many other passport applications pending from the last 3 months which have not been completed due to the Covid lockdown. He said it would take two months more to process my application as they will do it according to the ones which came first. My dad requested him several times after which he agreed to do it within 2 days. It was really a bad experience and frustrating specially BLS because they are arrogant as F&$k and do not answer emails or calls not do they have clear instructions on their website. If my dad wouldn’t have gone to the local Police station, I for sure would have missed My ITA deadline.

It would be a great help to everyone if they change the PCC application process like Medicals results, all we do is apply and the Indian consulate sends it directly to IRCC.

Last edited:

Max1010

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I got my PCC yesterday. It took me 2 months to get it. For some reason It took BLS Brampton three weeks to send my application from their office to the Toronto consulate. I’m sure my application was lying in their office unnoticed and then someone finally seen it after three weeks, and then my papers were lying at my local police station in Mumbai. When my dad went to inquire the officer said that they have many other passport applications pending from the last 3 months which have not been completed due to the Covid lockdown. He said it would take two months more to process my application as they will do it according to the ones which came first. My dad requested him several times after which he agreed to do it within 2 days. It was really a bad experience and frustrating specially BLS because they are arrogant as F&$k and do not answer emails or calls not do they have clear instructions on their website. If my dad wouldn’t have gone to the local Police station, I for sure would have missed My ITA deadline.

It would be a great help to everyone if they change the PCC application process like Medicals results, all we do is apply and the Indian consulate sends it directly to IRCC.
Oh wow! Yeah I am in the same boat lol!