+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
@forw.jane

does the address format in DL have to match the one in application form?
i.e., 007-Lakeshore blvd, Toronto in DL

Can i use the same format? or is 'lakeshore blvd apt 007' good as well?

Please let me know. Thanks.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello friends, I applied for SC on Feb 1st at BLS Toronto. Passport seva tracking today says Surrender certificate has been printed. May i know how many days it will take for the Purolator delivery? I have an appointment for OCI on 26th Feb, would i be able to receive the certificate before that? Thank you!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello friends, I applied for SC on Feb 1st at BLS Toronto. Passport seva tracking today says Surrender certificate has been printed. May i know how many days it will take for the Purolator delivery? I have an appointment for OCI on 26th Feb, would i be able to receive the certificate before that? Thank you!!
Check on BLS Site. Once they pick up, next day you will get it. You will have it in 2-3 days.

Reactions: navkrish

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
That was quick, man. Was it in-person? Could you share your timeline? Thx

Reactions: navkrish

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
I submitted my Passport surrender application on 8-Feb in Brampton BLS (walk-in). Today the status changed to "Surrender Certificate is under review at Embassy"

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
$84 per application..
They used to have it in $60 online earlier but they stopped all online links
Are they working fine these days. I am worried shipping the documents via Purolator. Did you read any bad experiences here in the forum? Outside the forum i see worst reviews on them. But in a hurry i bought the courier labels from them. Seems like its better to go via walk-in.

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

Today, my SC application got returned by BLS. I made a mistake and I hope no one else make this in their application.

When you're filling out the Surrender Certificate online form, make sure ALL THE PARTICULARS EXACTLY MATCHES YOUR INDIAN PASSPORT that you have on hand. I made a mistake on my Parent's surname.

It messed up big time and I had it retuned back. Trust me, they found the mistake on February 7, and I had my form returned today - February 13 with the reason for returning my application form (FYI, Application was picked up on February 1 postal; Received at BLS Brampton office on February 2). I believe someone in this thread also mentioned that BLS even checks the signature in your Indian passport to match the attested forms that you submit. Don't allow BLS to find an excuse to return your application.

It sucks that my mistake cost me 2 weeks of wait & $84. I had to call BLS again, and this time they charged $62 altogether for resubmitting the form by postal.

When I spoke to the BLS Rep over the phone today, he said it'll take 6–8 weeks. Let's see, I'll update when it gets through.

Reactions: ThenT

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Are they working fine these days. I am worried shipping the documents via Purolator. Did you read any bad experiences here in the forum? Outside the forum i see worst reviews on them. But in a hurry i bought the courier labels from them. Seems like its better to go via walk-in.
Purolator has a partnership with BLS I guess. It should be fine. I've had no issues sending it by postal. If you live in Ontario and drop off at Purolator or had it picked up by 6:30 PM, it reaches them safely the following business day morning around 10 or 11.

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Can i apply surrender certificate without Canadian Passport?
You don't need to submit your Canadian passport for your SC application, but you need a Canadian passport to apply for SC. They require a photocopy of it with your attestation. See the checklist.