+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

tycoon18

Jan 8, 2014
That would be logical cause they wasted 60$ of purolator costs for 7$ extra on the demand draft had. But they have to be picky lol.

• Wow
Reactions: SSK1993

canadian204

Jan 20, 2024
Hi I am from Manitoba and Want to apply for Surrender certificate I have few questions

- I applied for Canadian passport yesterday at service Canada and they gave me receipt. Can I just Include that in the application or I need to wait for the passport to apply?

- Can I make my own labels from Purolator and send it to them including pre paid return label in the envelope to save money or they wont accept it? I was also researching online and I can get a free PO box address from Canada post and ship it through them has anyone done that before will they accept it?

- And do I need to make one draft of 123.7 or separate charge of 1.70 to BLS?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi I am from Manitoba and Want to apply for Surrender certificate I have few questions

- I applied for Canadian passport yesterday at service Canada and they gave me receipt. Can I just Include that in the application or I need to wait for the passport to apply?

- Can I make my own labels from Purolator and send it to them including pre paid return label in the envelope to save money or they wont accept it? I was also researching online and I can get a free PO box address from Canada post and ship it through them has anyone done that before will they accept it?

- And do I need to make one draft of 123.7 or separate charge of 1.70 to BLS?
1) As you doing postal go with passport. If you do in person fighting out and submitting without passport would work which is still not an easy task. Postal will get returned and cause ur courier charge to go waste. BLS does not support PO box. It's mentioned on there site too.
2) Call BLS and go with there one. Doing ur own things will unnecessarily delay ur application and as it's postal they may not even open the package received for weeks at stretch and getting hold of them on a phone call is a tough task.
3)As draft is in BLS name, one is enough of $123.7

Reactions: SSK1993

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Status on passport Seva changed to "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate."

Application was reached to BLS Brampton via Purolator on 4th of Jan.

Reactions: desmat and SSK1993

des3k

Mar 10, 2019
Can you guys see the postal pickup reservation link? It's not visible anymore and I can't book a pickup for my OCI application. At least for Toronto jurisdiction.

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Not sure if it is already asked but my citizenship application is in process and my Indian passport expires in April? Do I need to have a valid Indian passport while surrendering the passport and need while applying for Canadian passport?

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
General Update:
Passport Portal Status shows: Surrender Certificate Printed
BLS Tracking Portal status shows: Processing at Consulate General

Postal Delivered: 3rd January
Postal Opened: 18th January

Reactions: desmat

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
General Update:
Passport Portal Status shows: Surrender Certificate Printed
BLS Tracking Portal status shows: Processing at Consulate General

Postal Delivered: 3rd January
Postal Opened: 18th January
What was the duration between processing at consulate to printed?