+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
They have slowed for OCI, looks like similar thing happening for Surrender. 6-8 weeks would be the processing time you should look forward to.
Thanks for responding, If you dont mind asking, Can you please help how would the portal change when the application is approved !

javish

Jan 3, 2024
Hey guys I am trying to arrange a pick up for Surender passport but I am not able to got through the booking page on BLS website ? Any way around this ? I do not want to walk in and would prefer by postal
All this started last week and I have the same problem. The only solution for now seems like calling bls and asking them for generating shipping label for pickup and dropoff
They charge $60 each side per applicant

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
All this started last week and I have the same problem. The only solution for now seems like calling bls and asking them for generating shipping label for pickup and dropoff
They charge $60 each side per applicant
What.. $60 each side?

Earlier it was $60 for both sides. And last week it increased to about $80 for both sides.. now you are telling $60 each side which will be $120 for both sides..

javish

Jan 3, 2024
What.. $60 each side?

Earlier it was $60 for both sides. And last week it increased to about $80 for both sides.. now you are telling $60 each side which will be $120 for both sides..
That is correct - it's $120 for both sides.
After removing link from their website, the only option is to call them and over the phone they are asking for $60 each side

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for responding, If you dont mind asking, Can you please help how would the portal change when the application is approved !
On passport portal you should see this-
Surrender Certificate Submitted
Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate
Surrender certificate has been printed.

One you see printed message you should start checking BLS Portal for-
In Transit from High Commission to BLS Centre
Ready for Collection/Dispatch

Reactions: dalal.ganesh

Sahilsn927

Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys I am trying to arrange a pick up for Surender passport but I am not able to got through the booking page on BLS website ? Any way around this ? I do not want to walk in and would prefer by postal
Call on this number to schedule.
(647)846-4077

$84 both ways. Just did 3 days before

sureka19

Apr 22, 2022
I submitted my Postal application on 12/29/2023. I still don't see any status update on BLS. Is anyone facing the same issue?
Entered Application reference number can not be tracked.
Surrender Certificate application form has been submitted.

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015
(647)846-4077

I just called this number. They give me the payment link but looks suspicious.

There are 2 columns one says sending postal to BLS and second one photo 2 service. When I asked him, he was saying it's system glitch. But total cost for 1 way is $60 and they cannot do both ways. I need to again call them for return service as well. I'm pretty much sure that charges are $40 only but in link it says postal plus they charging photo service which adds up to $60. Soon I'm going to india so I'm in no rush to do surrender.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018

There are 2 columns one says sending postal to BLS and second one photo 2 service. When I asked him, he was saying it's system glitch. But total cost for 1 way is $60 and they cannot do both ways. I need to again call them for return service as well. I'm pretty much sure that charges are $40 only but in link it says postal plus they charging photo service which adds up to $60. Soon I'm going to india so I'm in no rush to do surrender.
Yeah looks like they found another way to do extortion of extra money by adding photo service.. i wonder how are they going to justify to take photo when it's postal applicaiton..

Last edited:
Reactions: SAMSAG6116

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018

Hi.. the label you got by paying $60, does it include signature on delivery?

And does it mention on label if it is purolator ground or purolator express or what?

And the email with final label, did it come from purolator or bls? (Talking about label email, not payment email)

Last edited:

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
(647)846-4077

1. the label you got by paying bls, does it include signature on delivery?

2. And does it mention on label if it is purolator ground or purolator express or what?

3. And the email with final label, did it come from purolator or bls? (Talking about label email, not payment email

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015
Hi.. the label you got by paying $60, does it include signature on delivery?
NO.

And does it mention on label if it is purolator ground or purolator express or what?
PUROLATOR EXPRESS

And the email with final label, did it come from purolator or bls? (Talking about label email, not payment email)
I GOT THE SHIPPING LABEL EMAIL FROM BLS.

Sahilsn927

Aug 5, 2020
1. the label you got by paying bls, does it include signature on delivery?

2. And does it mention on label if it is purolator ground or purolator express or what?

3. And the email with final label, did it come from purolator or bls? (Talking about label email, not payment email
Includes sign on delivery.

it is express.

came from bls email.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
They gave you the safest answer. Evisa is available to all Canadian citizens even though they may or may not be of Indian origin. At port of entry they cannot keep asking everyone do you have Indian passport and did you surrender it. If it was mandatory they would have made it a prerequisite for the visa. For e.g. Entry visa has SC as a prerequisite.
Thanks!