+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Interesting, I'm preparing my application to send to BLS Brampton via mail. I can see, on BLS website, the pickup and drop off was on the same page before but seems like they changed now. It used to be pickup & drop off on the same page before. Now, we have to do both seperate.

I did that and after bls to home delivery, it says, your post will be delivered in next 2 business days. I havn't even send my application yet.

I believe, they must have received email with my passport number and they will send it back once they process it.

Any insights on this?

Thank you.
Did you pay for both pickup and drop even if they were separate options?

Can we just pay for pickup from home but for drop we can go to bls center to pickup passport and surrender certificate?

Can we send 2 applications in single Purolator envelope?

gotanswers?

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Hi Guys. Need a huge favor.

Anyone submitted in-person application to BLS in Surrey BC? Any pointers. Are they entertaining walkins? Is there long wait lines? Any chance of submitting application in the afternoon as I might not be able to lineup early morning?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Guys. Need a huge favor.

Anyone submitted in-person application to BLS in Surrey BC? Any pointers. Are they entertaining walkins? Is there long wait lines? Any chance of submitting application in the afternoon as I might not be able to lineup early morning?
Not sure what time you had in mind when you said afternoon but they accept submission only from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Line ups used to be there during the visa ban period but with evisa available I doubt they have those crazy lineups now.

They were entertaining walkins during the ban period so it would still be there.

Reactions: gotanswers?

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Did you pay for both pickup and drop even if they were separate options? - YES

Can we just pay for pickup from home but for drop we can go to bls center to pickup passport and surrender certificate? - I THINK YOU CAN

Can we send 2 applications in single Purolator envelope? - NOT SURE.
Please see my answers above.

Reactions: desmat

javish

Jan 3, 2024
Just noticed yesterday that BLS Removed the link to book postal service and the ones still present on site don't work. I'm trying for Toronto.
Is it working for anyone today? Calling into call centre the fee is $20 more per application each side (pick/dropoff).

Also, does anyone has experience of sending the application by Purolator themselves instead of using BLS postal service?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Just noticed yesterday that BLS Removed the link to book postal service and the ones still present on site don't work. I'm trying for Toronto.
Is it working for anyone today? Calling into call centre the fee is $20 more per application each side (pick/dropoff).

Also, does anyone has experience of sending the application by Purolator themselves instead of using BLS postal service?

Thanks
What do you mean more by $20.. are you saying if you call then they give you postal label but they are charging $50 or $60 for each side? Or how much they are charging?

Did you not ask when will they fix online link?

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015

Thanks
Check the link: it says now you need choose your courier, need to insert return envelope. Finally, now we can save some money..

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/surrender-of-india-citizenship.php

javish

Jan 3, 2024
What do you mean more by $20.. are you saying if you call then they give you postal label but they are charging $50 or $60 for each side? Or how much they are charging?

Did you not ask when will they fix online link?
yes they are asking for $60 each side per applicant.

I asked them when the link will be fixed and they said we are removing link from website. At this moment, I highly doubt because they would get 100s if not thousands of calls for generating labels if they do so.

Last edited:

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
yes they are asking for $60 each side per applicant.

I asked them when the link will be fixed and they said we are removing link from website. At this moment, I highly doubt because they would get 100s if not thousands of calls for generating labels if they do so.
thats another bs they are doing if doing... anyways why dont we use purolator on our own.. it charges only $30 if i do it directly with them...

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi all.
anyone who sent postal application and got label through bls, Can you please confirm how did the destination name and address look like on the label?
Also, was there any separate instruction etc was given by bls while couriering it through their pickup?

asking this as bls postal link is not working so thinking to send own puralotor and want to make sure sending correctly.
thanks.

shadow18

Jul 25, 2013
CHD
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-FEB-16
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR-2: 31-MARCH-16
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Did you get all answers?

So single draft of $123.7 or not?

Do you need to call purolator or they come to home without call and pack?
Are you able to send multiple application in one envelope?

I made two drafts of $123.70

booked two pick-ups (call Purolator and follow instructions as provided by BLS when you book pick-up)
booked two drop-offs blindly (no idea what to do with them, hoping that they will send it back when done somehow, maybe they could see it with the passport number NO IDEA)

Sent two applications in different individual packages

fingers crossed

lol

dalal.ganesh

Star Member
Apr 1, 2018
I applied for Surrender Certificate at BLS Brampton and didn't opt for delivery.
I want to know the pickup process. How can I go and collect the Surrender Certificate, which building to go 40 or 60? Can I collect for my Spouse and kid as well? How can I do it without appointment. TIA.