+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
No… you need to create a new profile under the new high commission and then submit the form. They will reject the application if you don’t change
nvm, got my answer, I had created MEA profile as toronto while applying previously for renewal of passport.
It takes into consideration how user profile was created.

Only way to do is create another profile with new email. Weird

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Interesting, I'm preparing my application to send to BLS Brampton via mail. I can see, on BLS website, the pickup and drop off was on the same page before but seems like they changed now. It used to be pickup & drop off on the same page before. Now, we have to do both seperate.

I did that and after bls to home delivery, it says, your post will be delivered in next 2 business days. I havn't even send my application yet.

I believe, they must have received email with my passport number and they will send it back once they process it.

Any insights on this?

Thank you.

shadow18

Jul 25, 2013
CHD
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-FEB-16
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR-2: 31-MARCH-16
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
Hello

I am preparing my postal passport surrender package, already paid the fee for pick up, and have the shipping label

Pick Up -
1. Do I still need to call Purolator?
2. Will they bring the Purolator envelope to my home and wait for me to pack my application in that?
3. Or can I go to any Purolator outlet and do it there ?

Drop Off -
1. How and when do you book and pay for the drop-off?
Now or wait for the application to be processed(how to check status)

2. The guidelines are not very clear on the BLS website and are confusing

Just today when you open BLS website it says
Disclaimer:
With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications.

Fees:
the total fee shown is 123.7
is that all that is required? or do I need to make one extra draft for $1.70 now?

Anybody who went through this process recently, Please guide

Thanks

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Interesting, I'm preparing my application to send to BLS Brampton via mail. I can see, on BLS website, the pickup and drop off was on the same page before but seems like they changed now. It used to be pickup & drop off on the same page before. Now, we have to do both seperate.

I did that and after bls to home delivery, it says, your post will be delivered in next 2 business days. I havn't even send my application yet.

I believe, they must have received email with my passport number and they will send it back once they process it.

Any insights on this?

Thank you.
Found it:

"If you see your document status as "Ready for Collection" but you have not taken the Drop-off service, you may click the link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/, select and pay for Drop off Service for the Document delivery through Purolator courier."

So basically I did the step ahead. Thats fine.

Last edited:

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Applied for SC on Nov 21st BLS Ottawa, it was walk in application. No updates so far, still under review. When can I expect an update on my application?

SAMSAG6116

Sep 1, 2015
Hello

I am preparing my postal passport surrender package, already paid the fee for pick up, and have the shipping label

Pick Up -
2. Will they bring the Purolator envelope to my home and wait for me to pack my application in that?

Drop Off -

Disclaimer:
With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications.

Fees:
is that all that is required? or do I need to make one extra draft for $1.70 now?

Thanks

$123.7 is including bls $1.70 fee as well. They reduce the fee $5 but increase the courier price to $10. New courier fee is $40 + $1.2 convenience fee. Scammers!!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
$123.7 is including bls $1.70 fee as well. They reduce the fee $5 but increase the courier price to $10. New courier fee is $40 + $1.2 convenience fee. Scammers!!
did you try booking through purolator directly? it seems its still $30 with them... hope thats also accepted or only bls booked courier is allowed?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
I put all my 4 applications in one A4 size envelope, which again Purolator guy put in the envelope he brought. The application forms need to be separately clipped/ pinned with respective documents as per checklist.
Paid through BLS only. I chose pick and drop service from BLS website.
Has anyone of you received further update on your applications?
Were you able to track all applications sent in single envelope, on the bls website and on consulate website?

Also for return, is bls sending back you all applications together in single courier ?
or did you choose pickup option once surrender certificate is ready?

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi Guys

While applying Surrender certificate online in MEA portal, my last indian passport was issued in Toronto.

As I understand, Montreal J zip codes come under high commission Ottawa.

When I completed the form on MEA and looked at PDF, it says Consulate general of toronto on top instead of High Commission of India, Ottawa.

Is this right what I am seeing and there would be no issues?
Its a issue. They will return u. I also faced same issue, somehow system chaned location to toronto and we reached and wasted 1day even when we get corrected form in 30mins but always helping BLS staff denied token even though they were issuing token when she found mistake and we asked to give us new token as we would be back in 20mins or so but she said she will give token to wait for next 2 hours only when we will show her correct form :). so after 30mins with correct form from staples & it was still <11am but she told now system is not issuing token but u can wait and we wasted another 2 hrs at end to be told come next day. We drove 35kms to reach their office at 7am that day :(

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Has anybody used own purolator pickup to courier application to BLS instead of using one booked by bls?
if yes, did it work and application got tracked on time and processed on time?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anybody used own purolator pickup to courier application to BLS instead of using one booked by bls?
if yes, did it work and application got tracked on time and processed on time?
One experience was shared in the forum where BLS did not open the package for 2-3 weeks and later was told other couriers are not allowed.
So it's not worth it.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hello

Pick Up -

Drop Off -

Disclaimer:

Fees:

Thanks
Did you get all answers?

So single draft of $123.7 or not?

Do you need to call purolator or they come to home without call and pack?
Are you able to send multiple application in one envelope?