+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Mine shows submitted and for my spouse it shows received and in progress. However both of us submitted at the same time, in the same package,,! anyone faced this before?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
If the Surrender Application has already completed 4+ weeks(BLS website says - Minimum Processing Time is 3-4 weeks) and still showing "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." , is there anything we can do to escalate or ask update? This is for Ottawa location.

@abbas.pasha - Any idea?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If the Surrender Application has already completed 4+ weeks(BLS website says - Minimum Processing Time is 3-4 weeks) and still showing "Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." , is there anything we can do to escalate or ask update? This is for Ottawa location.

@abbas.pasha - Any idea?
It seems quite strange tbh, have you tried contacting consular section by email ?

vancouver-pl

Nov 4, 2022
I made a mistake in the form (incorrect expiry date of passport) and BlS did accept it and charged the fees. Han anyone faced similar issue ? Will they return the application ?