+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Indian Passport Surrender Application
Walk-in application - Vancouver
Date - 16th Aug, 2023
Tracker update - Processing at Consulate (17th Aug, 2023)
Will keep everyone posted on my timeline

abandla

Jan 5, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am postal applicant. To track application status in BLS website, What option we have to choose for application type?

Reactions: brankd

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hi
I need some urgent help
I m a Canadian citizen since 2020 and i want to apply for OCI.
I had not yet surrendered my Indian Passport
Unfortunately I lost my Indian passport and have submitted a police complaint and got an affidavit stating the same
Now i m confused on how to proceed forward with my application for OCI
Can anyone please guide
Thanks

Wick.J

Aug 18, 2023
If anyone can clarify this it will be really helpful, To self attest copies of documents do we need to just sign it or we have to write “This is a true copy of the original” and then sign and date all the photo copies

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how much is the walk-in wait time like in BLS Toronto and Brampton?
Submitted partner’s application on Aug 12 in-person at BLS Toronto. As of Friday, Aug 18, the status on the passport portal website shows surrender certificate has been issued. Still waiting to receive it from BLS.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Submitted partner’s application on Aug 12 in-person at BLS Toronto. As of Friday, Aug 18, the status on the passport portal website shows surrender certificate has been issued. Still waiting to receive it from BLS.
This is really fast. 6 days and surrender certificate is issued. Ottawa is snail speed compared to this. Takes 5 weeks n all.

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
What I meant to ask was whether the lineups for walk-ins are really long or if will be done in like 1-2 hours. Need to take time off from the office accordingly.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
What I meant to ask was whether the lineups for walk-ins are really long or if will be done in like 1-2 hours. Need to take time off from the office accordingly.
I wouldnt recommend going in without an appointment. Some folks have reported waiting over 6 hrs for walk-in without appointment.

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi Guys, sorry but I don't know how can I track my surrender ship certificate status, I submitted postal application to Vancouver can someone please help.

Thanks,

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi Guys, sorry but I don't know how can I track my surrender ship certificate status, I submitted postal application to Vancouver can someone please help.

Thanks,
When did you submitted and when was it delivered ? You can check on BLS website for tracking.