+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
the only difference being when there is number of applications from one family. I got it confirmed from the BLS call center then when it comes to Postal applications you can send multiple family member apps in one packet so one courier fee. But for return they insist every individual pays separately for the courier so 30$ X Family members.
Its because every application will be processed independently and will be delivered as soon as the process is completed for each application

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Sorry, panic post !
After being returned from BLS even after having appointment for errors in form, I now understand how particular they are. So some questions for which I wish to be covered.

I am going tomorrow for my minor son's SC application drop in person with appointment.
A few questions on that.
For a minor child these are all that's required? I have added all the docs that I possess and come to my mind. Any thing else you guys took?

1. India passport (Original + Copy)
2. CA Passport (Original + Copy)
3. Birth Certificate in english (Original + Copy)
4. Parents Marriage certificate (Original + Copy)
5. Citizenship Cert (Original + Copy)
6. Father's DL (Original + Copy)
7. School ID (Original + Copy)

Is that enough?

Also, I saw conflicting information on the "BLS form filling instructions" versus the "sample form filled"

Instructions say on Page 2
For Minor Applicants, Parents SHOULD NOT sign the application form. Applicant’s Signature / Thumb Impression are required.
Sample form shows on Page 2
Signature/Left Hand Thumb Impression of Applicant (If applicant is minor, either parent to sign)

Which one is correct.
When I was returned - they marked the box under PP photo and said only left thumb impression, horizontal. No sign of anyone. On Page 2, same thump impression + Both parents sign one under the other.

My question - which one is correct?
Another question - Minor's supporting docs copies need to be attested by Minor/ Either/ Both parents? No thumb impression in them?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry, panic post !
After being returned from BLS even after having appointment for errors in form, I now understand how particular they are. So some questions for which I wish to be covered.

I am going tomorrow for my minor son's SC application drop in person with appointment.
A few questions on that.
For a minor child these are all that's required? I have added all the docs that I possess and come to my mind. Any thing else you guys took?

1. India passport (Original + Copy)
2. CA Passport (Original + Copy)
3. Birth Certificate in english (Original + Copy)
4. Parents Marriage certificate (Original + Copy)
5. Citizenship Cert (Original + Copy)
6. Father's DL (Original + Copy)
7. School ID (Original + Copy)

Is that enough?

Also, I saw conflicting information on the "BLS form filling instructions" versus the "sample form filled"

Instructions say on Page 2
For Minor Applicants, Parents SHOULD NOT sign the application form. Applicant’s Signature / Thumb Impression are required.
Sample form shows on Page 2
Signature/Left Hand Thumb Impression of Applicant (If applicant is minor, either parent to sign)

Which one is correct.
When I was returned - they marked the box under PP photo and said only left thumb impression, horizontal. No sign of anyone. On Page 2, same thump impression + Both parents sign one under the other.

My question - which one is correct?
Another question - Minor's supporting docs copies need to be attested by Minor/ Either/ Both parents? No thumb impression in them?
Plz include both parent's passport copies (Indian and Canadian), citizenship and surrender certificates as well (carry the originals)
School ID is not required
Supporting documents of minors can be attested by parents but on the application form itself use minor's thumb impression

Reactions: OldH1B

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Abbas bhai any idea on who attests the minor's supporting docs copies?
Bolana let the parents do that and when it comes to the thumb impression let your kid use the thumb impression
My recommendation is that when you go and submit it in person, they will ask the minor's thumb impression on the application form

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Done with the submission for SC for self and minor son.
They did NOT throw any tantrums this time.
Even the pictures were stuck on the form and they did not complain about it.
I could NOT decline the courier though. They were happy to send me to Brampton, which I didn't want to.

So 129.4 + 30 = 160.10 total per person. Now getting the OCI apps ready.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Hi,
I need help with postal service for the pick up and drop off of our Surrender certificate applications to Brampton.
I was wondering how we get our 3 applications sent in a single courier together - for us the website allows us to select only 1 applicant. Please advise.

For drop-off back to us - it allows for only one applicant. How can I avail of the same service for the 3 of us separately? Please advise.

Thanks.

sameerpatil

Jun 28, 2023
Hello Guys,
I have summitted in person application for passport surrender last Friday at BLS Brampton and did not opt for currier service so I need to go to BLS Brampton office to collect it in person once status says ready for collection.
Has anyone here collected documents in person here from BLS? if yes then how much wait time in line is expected? is it as bad as 4 to 5 hours?

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi,
I need help with postal service for the pick up and drop off of our Surrender certificate applications to Brampton.
I was wondering how we get our 3 applications sent in a single courier together - for us the website allows us to select only 1 applicant. Please advise.

For drop-off back to us - it allows for only one applicant. How can I avail of the same service for the 3 of us separately? Please advise.

Thanks.
Call the BLS call center number, select the option to purchase courier or shipping label or something like that. This means more money for BLS so this calls gets picked up even before it rings.
The agent on the other side is a desi who would be thrilled you are buying the courier option.
He will confirm as well as he will generate the payment link for you.
He will ensure while sending you can send all the apps in one envelope.
But for return he will generate multiple labels, one per application

Reactions: write2rtd

write2rtd

Apr 4, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
28-02-2018
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
Med's Request
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
16-04-2019
Passport Req..
18-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2019
LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Call the BLS call center number, select the option to purchase courier or shipping label or something like that. This means more money for BLS so this calls gets picked up even before it rings.
The agent on the other side is a desi who would be thrilled you are buying the courier option.
He will confirm as well as he will generate the payment link for you.
He will ensure while sending you can send all the apps in one envelope.
But for return he will generate multiple labels, one per application
Thanks so much, @OldH1B. Please, if possible, can you share the BLS Call center number or please confirm if this is the one: (289) 498 1320?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys,
I have summitted in person application for passport surrender last Friday at BLS Brampton and did not opt for currier service so I need to go to BLS Brampton office to collect it in person once status says ready for collection.
Has anyone here collected documents in person here from BLS? if yes then how much wait time in line is expected? is it as bad as 4 to 5 hours?
Yes I have collected both the surrender certificates and OCI cards from Brampton in person
Collection is in the afternoon between 3:00 - 4:30 pm
But to be early in the queue you have be there before 2 pm

sameerpatil

Jun 28, 2023
Yes I have collected both the surrender certificates and OCI cards from Brampton in person
Thanks for the info. So reaching there by 2 should be enough right for collection? I though the collection should be a quick one without queue.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Abbas Bhai, for OCI, is it possible to send the applications to Brampton by courier but collect in person?