+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi All,
I submitted by Indian pp for surrender at Brampton BLS on 24Feb and it is still processing at Consulate since 28Feb.

Submitted surender for kid, wife and me. Got SC for the kid a month back, but mine and wife SC are still processed at Consulate.

IS there a way to contact Consulate to ask whats happening with our application?

Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do you need to get your Canadian passport before surrendering your Indian passport? The website of the Indian consulate in Toronto says 'Copy of Canadian passport, if held'. but the checklist on the same website asks for the original Canadian passport. I am confused. Can someone help?
Yes Canadian passport is required they have not updated the checklist.
In the past if you did not have Canadian passport they would ask you to provide the letter mentioning that you do not have the Canadian passport or are in the process of getting one

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Do you need to get your Canadian passport before surrendering your Indian passport? The website of the Indian consulate in Toronto says 'Copy of Canadian passport, if held'. but the checklist on the same website asks for the original Canadian passport. I am confused. Can someone help?
absolutely required if your office is Brampton/Toronto.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hi All,
I submitted by Indian pp for surrender at Brampton BLS on 24Feb and it is still processing at Consulate since 28Feb.

Submitted surender for kid, wife and me. Got SC for the kid a month back, but mine and wife SC are still processed at Consulate.

IS there a way to contact Consulate to ask whats happening with our application?

Thanks!
Not sure if this will help, but you can contact CGI Toronto via Sampark - https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/ Try raising a query under FAQ/Raise a query> SC category (look for the link at the bottom of the page) and give them the details of your app.

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Went to BLS Brampton to surrender my passport today. This was my experience.

Had an appointment at 12 pm. I wasn’t sure whether to go to building #40 or #60. Went to #40 first. Thought I had to line up but the line was for walk-ins. Told the security guard I had an appointment and he let me in but then realized and told me I had to go to #60 for surrenders. It was already a few mins past my appointment time so ran over to #60. The security guard there checked my appointment confirmation, gave me a token and sent me to 4th floor. There was a small queue inside the BLS office. Spoke to a couple of people in front and behind me and they said they’d waited in the walk-in line for ~2 hours. The inside line moved pretty quick and the agent at the counter was alright. My own photo (from Shoppers, stamped, dated) that I pasted on the application form was accepted. I had provided an additional photo but the agent returned it to me. All the originals were checked and returned. Couldn’t escape the courier service but I couldn’t pick up anyway so it was ok. Was out of there by 12.25.

Reactions: eparker42

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nautanki saala...

Bhai iska matlab jai hain ke.... CGI kaa kaam khatam hua
You and @sumitbajaj07 Check the status from now on BLS website, which should be updating in a few days, ab Lottery kabbhi nikal sakti hain :)
@2017CanadaHo! I tried checking but it's pointing to some dummy status lol which is common for all of my 3 applications. So technically I'm not able to track it.

@abbas.pasha , hahaha thanks for your all help. Abhi aur disturb karenge OCI ke time pe :)

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@2017CanadaHo! I tried checking but it's pointing to some dummy status lol which is common for all of my 3 applications. So technically I'm not able to track it.

@abbas.pasha , hahaha thanks for your all help. Abhi aur disturb karenge OCI ke time pe :)
@2017CanadaHo! @abbas.pasha And yes when I check on passport portal for one application it says
Application StatusSurrender certificate has been printed.

and for other 2 applications it says

Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance.

What's the difference between these 2 status actually lol ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@2017CanadaHo! @abbas.pasha And yes when I check on passport portal for one application it says

Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance. is the second last stage
after that
Surrender certificate has been printed is the follow on stage
After that... aap OCI ke katar main hain... kripya jeb dheeli karke prateeksha karein :)

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other

same here. adults' files status is printed. minors' status is available for issuance. bls says for everyone - processing at cgi.

Reactions: sumitbajaj07

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
Went to BLS Brampton to surrender my passport today. This was my experience.

Had an appointment at 12 pm. I wasn’t sure whether to go to building #40 or #60. Went to #40 first. Thought I had to line up but the line was for walk-ins. Told the security guard I had an appointment and he let me in but then realized and told me I had to go to #60 for surrenders. It was already a few mins past my appointment time so ran over to #60. The security guard there checked my appointment confirmation, gave me a token and sent me to 4th floor. There was a small queue inside the BLS office. Spoke to a couple of people in front and behind me and they said they’d waited in the walk-in line for ~2 hours. The inside line moved pretty quick and the agent at the counter was alright. My own photo (from Shoppers, stamped, dated) that I pasted on the application form was accepted. I had provided an additional photo but the agent returned it to me. All the originals were checked and returned. Couldn’t escape the courier service but I couldn’t pick up anyway so it was ok. Was out of there by 12.25.
hey - how big was the line near the building #40? I believe that's for OCI :)