+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey.. Just received my surrender certificate. I am not able to book BLS appointment for OCI so I am planning to send it by mail. If I book pickup & drop off then there is no need to include any extra fee. It will be $345 (for OCI) + $7.40 (BLS) right? Also, I am planning to travel to India around 6th April so any experience with OCI processing time?
If you are in the GTA I read on the BLS website a day or two ago that they are accepting walkin
Please call them in the morning to reconfirm and I would suggest you to submit this in person.
Another option will to be book appointment under Passport or Visa category if it is available and book those appointment slots instead and visit the BLS center as per the appointment.
With the postal application there is no guarantee that they will not reject the applications.
At least with in person submission you know that if the photos will be ok or not and if they require any additional documentation/signature etc, you can provide them on the spot.
Factor in 2-3 months for OCI application processing

kjaspreet

Jan 5, 2018
If you are in the GTA I read on the BLS website a day or two ago that they are accepting walkin
Please call them in the morning to reconfirm and I would suggest you to submit this in person.
With the postal application there is no guarantee that they will not reject the applications.
At least with in person submission you know that if the photos will be ok or not and if they require any additional documentation/signature etc, you can provide them on the spot.
Factor in 2-3 months for OCI application processing
Actually, I am in Surrey and they only accept OCI either by appointment or by mail. There is no available appointment till March end.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Hey.. Just received my surrender certificate. I am not able to book BLS appointment for OCI so I am planning to send it by mail. If I book pickup & drop off then there is no need to include any extra fee. It will be $345 (for OCI) + $7.40 (BLS) right? Also, I am planning to travel to India around 6th April so any experience with OCI processing time?
Keep checking https://www.blsindia-canada.com/appointmentbls/appointment.php everyday between 7-10AM, you may get same day slot for OCI Applications at their either GTA locations (if you stay in drivable distance).
I got OCI appointment for same last week.

appuchu

Oct 19, 2017
ON
As of now, I see lot of appointments available for Toronto under Visa category for Jan. Earliest is available for Jan 13 (tomorrow atleast 14 slots). If anyone is looking for slots in Toronto.

Appointments are also available under passport category for Feb 14 onwards.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, I am about to submit the Surrender application. On the BLS checklist it says "If there are any endorsements on the page, kindly enclose copy of those pages as well." What are these endorsement pages ? I see a stamp on my passport saying Endorsement for PCC issued for my PR application a long time ago. Should I include copy of this page as well ? Anyone who did the same ?

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Payment can be made to BLS either by Cash or Debit card
But be prepared BLS will charge you extra e.g. courier, photo, etc
Thanks , @abbas.pasha I was just worried f I need to go prepare 4 separate drafts for this. I have also experienced the BLS VAS selling when I renewed our passports there in the past :rolleyes:

owleroz

Feb 22, 2018
Let me rephrase my question.

I am currently in Canada and awaiting my Canadian Passport. I am planning to apply for e-visa, once receiving and travelling to India and while in India can i submit for Surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI?

Is it possible or the only option to apply for Surrender Indian passport and OCI is only from bls-india ?
@nrc1978, did you get any more information on applying for your OCI in India ? Would it be faster to apply for OCI or passport surrender from US (if it is allowed) ?

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
I'm planning to travel India a week after getting Canada Passport with 3 months Grace Period, Anyone with this experience?

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
For surrender no but when it comes to OCI you will need to make drafts for payment to CGI ;)
Oh well. Somewhere or the other we get to waste some money making drafts :(

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Oh well. Somewhere or the other we get to waste some money making drafts :(
The challenge with a single draft for the entire family is - there is no guarantee that all the application forms will be approved by BLS (if submitting in person). If there were issues with one application, then you will have to take a call and take back the entire set....individual drafts -----while costly, will help in getting at least some of the applications through.....

So if you are 100% sure that you have everything correct for all you applications or if you are Ok to take the "All or None" approach then you should be fine

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I am about to submit the Surrender application. On the BLS checklist it says "If there are any endorsements on the page, kindly enclose copy of those pages as well." What are these endorsement pages ? I see a stamp on my passport saying Endorsement for PCC issued for my PR application a long time ago. Should I include copy of this page as well ? Anyone who did the same ?
We had same PCC endorsement stamps but we did not include the copies during either the surrender or OCI applications. We had to submit original Indian passport during both processes when we submitted the application at BLS Brampton.
Did not face any issues during the surrender application.
OCI application also submitted recently

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
We had same PCC endorsement stamps but we did not include the copies during either the surrender or OCI applications. We had to submit original Indian passport during both processes when we submitted the application at BLS Brampton.
Did not face any issues during the surrender application.
OCI application also submitted recently
Thanks, I went for surrender application today. I had copies of endorsement pages. But they did not ask for the same

Reactions: abbas.pasha