Indian passport surrender

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Can we book Appointment under visa/passport and use it to apply oci?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on SC application form where it asks for the applicant's mobile number, do I have to put 1 before my 10 digit Canadian phone number or just the number itself. It's not taking +1 before the number.

Also for emergency contact info, do I put Canadian or Indian emergency contact info? I got confused because while entering the number, it's saying below 'Enter 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code'. If Canada, then what is the ISD code for Canadian numbers as it's not taking +1. If India, what's the ISD code for Indian number as it's not taking +91.

When I received my citizenship certificate, I received 2 letters from Immigration minister and Prime Minister aside from the certificate itself. I hope those letters are not part of the certificate and I don't have to photocopy and self attest them as well?

Last edited:

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on SC application form where it asks for the applicant's mobile number, do I have to put 1 before my 10 digit Canadian phone number or just the number itself. It's not taking +1 before the number.

Also for emergency contact info, do I put Canadian or Indian emergency contact info? I got confused because while entering the number, it's saying below 'Enter 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code'. If Canada, then what is the ISD code for Canadian numbers as it's not taking +1. If India, what's the ISD code for Indian number as it's not taking +91.

When I received my citizenship certificate, I received 2 letters from Immigration minister and Prime Minister aside from the certificate itself. I hope those letters are not part of the certificate and I don't have to photocopy and self attest them as well?
Hi, it would be greatly appreciated if someone who has already gone through the process please respond to my queries by today as I'm planning to apply for SC tomorrow.

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi, it would be greatly appreciated if someone who has already gone through the process please respond to my queries by today as I'm planning to apply for SC tomorrow.
> you can just put 1 instead of '+1'.

> you can give any country number under emergency contact. for India, give '91' at the beginning.

> Just the letter which has your name on front and barcode in the back. Rest of documents aren't needed.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

- Enter phone/mobile# without 001 or +1
- You can include info for a friend/relative/spouse who you would like to include as a emergency contact. Like I mentioned above Enter phone/mobile# without 001 or +1
- Only citizenship certificate is required (front and back page). Other documents that came with the certificate are not required.

The documents you submit to BLS should be self attested.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
- Enter phone/mobile# without 001 or +1
- You can include info for a friend/relative/spouse who you would like to include as a emergency contact. Like I mentioned above Enter phone/mobile# without 001 or +1
- Only citizenship certificate is required (front and back page). Other documents that came with the certificate are not required.

The documents you submit to BLS should be self attested.
Thanks for your response. I called BLS and the agent said not to put any code before my Canadian mobile number and Canadian emergency contact number. But I got confused because when entering the emergency contact number, it says put 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code. Also looks like there are mixed responses for this question. But I hope it's ok even if I don't put even 1 or any code before the Canadian numbers? Please let me know what do and others who have gone through the process think about it.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks for your response. I called BLS and the agent said not to put any code before my Canadian mobile number and Canadian emergency contact number. But I got confused because when entering the emergency contact number, it says put 10 to 15 digit number with ISD code. Also looks like there are mixed responses for this question. But I hope it's ok even if I don't put even 1 or any code before the Canadian numbers? Please let me know what do and others who have gone through the process think about it.
Arey bhai itna tension kyun le re le raha hain... just mention the number without the 1..

Reactions: Jetrocker

Praveena544

Jul 18, 2017
By the way, is your OATH in person or online? If in person, then you will get the certificate immediately.
Surrender / OCI can be done in any country even if you acquire a citizenship of another country. Just that you will have to contact the appropriate agency for that country and provide proof of residence / employment / study permit in the ither country. For e.g. if you are a Canadian citizen applying fro USA , then you need provide a GC / work permit / study permit etc. and a US address proof.
Ohh Ok. Thank you for the information

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, on the checklist, it's mentioned that if you have any endorsements on your passport, then attach a copy of them as well. I was wondering what do endorsements mean? I hope they are not the stamped visa and entry exit dates on passport?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, on the checklist, it's mentioned that if you have any endorsements on your passport, then attach a copy of them as well. I was wondering what do endorsements mean? I hope they are not the stamped visa and entry exit dates on passport?
It could mean something like this: https://www.immihelp.com/ecnr-emmigration-check-not-required-stamp-in-indian-passport
https://www.quora.com/What-is-an-ECR-Stamp-on-an-Indian-passport
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639679-case-complete-to-interview-august-2017/?do=findComment&comment=8677174

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetrocker

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Dang, surrender certificate turned out to be a folder paper, wasn't even laminated. Anyways, here is the timeline

Dec 8th - BLS Brampton Walk-in
Dec 9th - Processing at Consulate General (BLS)
Dec 14th - Surrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate (Passport Seva)
Dec 24th - Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance. (Passport Seva)
Dec 28th - Surrender certificate has been printed. (Passport Seva)
Jan 4th - Ready for Dispatch (BLS)
Jan 4th - Dispatched via Courier (BLS)
Jan 5th - Received certificate

• Haha
Reactions: abbas.pasha and A_S

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I sent out SC postal application yesterday through Purolator. So where can I track my application - is it BLS or Passport Seva website?

I tried tracking in both but am unable to track my application. If my application was sent yesterday, how long would it take to be able to track my application?