+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Hi, I sent my application using Purolator to Ottawa BLS Monday 21st and package got delivered same day. Bls Tracking status is "Delivered by Hand". I am not sure if the process started or not. anyone had the same status for postal applications ?
yes! This happened to me at Ottawa too . It was after my surrender certificate was processed , they said delivered by hand on the prepaid canada post envelope that I had included with my application, except they didnt actually post it. After calling 3 times , they finally said they actually didnt post the paper back. I had to pay for purolator n then they sent it back right away. BLS lied to me , and I am still stressed about my passport is with them for my visa application

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello Everyone,

Hope this timeline might help someone. I submitted my passport @ BLS Vancouver downtown on November 17th and received the cancelled passport and surrender certificate on December 9th via Mail.

So on the 17th, we reached 7:30 at the downtown office (they have a quota of 30/day for the passport surrender- this is not mentioned anywhere, we knew it only because we went there on an earlier date to find info) and received a token number of 11. And we were out around 10 AM.

All the best to everyone who is going to apply :)

Reactions: eparker42

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Plenty of appointments opened up for BLS Brampton for until Dec 31. Just checked.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Did you receive your SC yet?
SC for my kids and self still shows under processing at Consulate General when I track on the BLS website. Passport Seva website says certificate has been printed
Our applications had same phone# and email address
SC for my spouse is ready for collection as of yesterday. Provided separate phone# and email address
All 4 applications were submitted in person on Nov 19 at BLS Brampton

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
SC for my kids and self still shows under processing at Consulate General when I track on the BLS website. Passport Seva website says certificate has been printed
Our applications had same phone# and email address
SC for my spouse is ready for collection as of yesterday. Provided separate phone# and email address
All 4 applications were submitted in person on Nov 19 at BLS Brampton
Ok. Mine says SC has been printed on Passport Seva website. No update on BLS site .How long did it take for ur wife's certificate status to change from printed to ready for collection?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, how long is it taking to process and get surrender certificate before applying for OCI? My jurisdiction is Toronto.

Also, do you have to take an appointment to apply for surrender certificate? If yes, from where do you need to take the appointment and what documents are needed for application?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Hi, how long is it taking to process and get surrender certificate before applying for OCI? My jurisdiction is Toronto.

Also, do you have to take an appointment to apply for surrender certificate? If yes, from where do you need to take the appointment and what documents are needed for application?
Yes you do have to get surrender certificate before applying for OCI. It is taking about 3-4 weeks for SC.

You have to take appointment to apply for SC. You can also do a postal application. BLS website has all the relevant information on documentation required and how to apply.

Reactions: Jetrocker

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Yes you do have to get surrender certificate before applying for OCI. It is taking about 3-4 weeks for SC.

You have to take appointment to apply for SC. You can also do a postal application. BLS website has all the relevant information on documentation required and how to apply.
In how many days are people getting appointments for SC application? I mean do I have to wait for long to get an appointment?

Also can SC be expedited if one has an urgent need to travel?

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Can SC be expedited if one has an urgent need to travel?
I am not sure. Other people on the forum have been able to apply SC and Visa together. Visa comes back in 2 weeks.

If you have to travel , you can consider applying for visa instead of OCI. OCI will take atleast 2 months.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Reactions: Jetrocker

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
It seems, by the time Indian passport surrender certificate would come (exact 3 weeks), we may not be at home for few days.
What are the options for getting the delivery of certificate? Purolator delivery person would expect signed and entry at condo building.
Does anyone knows or experience - Can you reschedule Purolator drop-off/delivery?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
I am not sure. Other people on the forum have been able to apply SC and Visa together. Visa comes back in 2 weeks.

If you have to travel , you can consider applying for visa instead of OCI. OCI will take atleast 2 months.
SC cannot be expedited. You can apply for SC and Vida at the same time - by taking visa appointment. (i think you need to go to #60 Gillingham Drive to collect your docs)

Apparently for visa the new rules demand a SC to have been issued or the SC application needs to be submitted at the same time as the visa

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, for new SC application, do you need to submit original Canadian passport and citizenship certificate or only copy?