+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
My passport surrender application was changed on Friday 18 Nov 2022. Does this mean that the surrender certificate has already been printed?
How much time usually does it take from here approximately?
I am asking this because I won't be available at my address for another 4 weeks to collect the certificate. Please share your experience.

Application StatusSurrender certificate is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Can you share your timeline here? My postal application was received Nov 18, 2022 at BLS Brampton location.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I see that BLS Vancouver increased their processing time for entry visa to 30 days now. It used to be around 5-10 days . Any idea how long it’s taking. Can anyone share their experience please?

arc203

Oct 28, 2022
My timelines:

Application type: Post to BLS Brampton
Application posted: 29th Sep 2022
Application Delivered: 04th Oct 2022
Processing at Consulate General (BLS): 12th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 20th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been printed: 21st Oct 2022
In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre (BLS): 31st Oct 2022
Ready for Dispatch (BLS): 1st Nov 2022
How long does it take from "ready to dispatch status" to actually get to your address ?

akglad

Dec 31, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2021
AOR Received.
06-01-2022
File Transfer...
13-01-2022
Med's Request
17-01-2022
Med's Done....
8-02-2022
It looks like the consulate processes things in batches.

My timelines:

Application type: Post to BLS Brampton
Application posted: 29th Sep 2022
Application Delivered: 04th Oct 2022
Processing at Consulate General: 12th Oct 2022
Surrender certificate has been granted and is available for issuance: 20th Oct 2022
What is the amount of Demand Draft that you added for the postal application submission? The bls website says add return courier fee to the draft amount but they don't mention the amount to add for return courier.

sapower

Jan 17, 2022
Please guide me for surrender of Indian passport Vancouver jurisdiction - As per checklist Vancouver bls requires copy of Canadian passport will submitting the surrender application. Has anyone in group submitted with a letter of explanation for not providing Canadian passport at the time of surrender application at Vancouver jurisdiction... as you all know it takes time for surrender and then for OCI, my tentative travel date is end of jan 2023.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please guide me for surrender of Indian passport Vancouver jurisdiction - As per checklist Vancouver bls requires copy of Canadian passport will submitting the surrender application. Has anyone in group submitted with a letter of explanation for not providing Canadian passport at the time of surrender application at Vancouver jurisdiction... as you all know it takes time for surrender and then for OCI, my tentative travel date is end of jan 2023.
I submitted SC application at BLS Brampton without Canadian Passport. Just wrote a basic letter mentioning that I don't have Canadian Passport yet. SC is printed & hopefully I will receive it tomorrow.

bansi

Dec 8, 2016
I submitted SC application at BLS Brampton without Canadian Passport. Just wrote a basic letter mentioning that I don't have Canadian Passport yet. SC is printed & hopefully I will receive it tomorrow.
Can you please share the format / sample of the letter stating you don't have Canadian passport

nivek

Feb 24, 2017
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
11-05-2017
What is the amount of Demand Draft that you added for the postal application submission? The bls website says add return courier fee to the draft amount but they don't mention the amount to add for return courier.
i just paid the SC fee + BLS fee in Demand Draft. For return courier fee, I paid it online in the BLS portal since even I was not sure how amount I should add in the DD

KKK-438

Nov 29, 2022
Hi, I sent my application using Purolator to Ottawa BLS Monday 21st and package got delivered same day. Bls Tracking status is "Delivered by Hand". I am not sure if the process started or not. anyone had the same status for postal applications ?

Last edited: